Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bioshock Infinite

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

cloud493 wrote: »
    What cinemas are you going to? :pac:

The majority in London! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was at a cinema in Epsom a while back, a friend asked how much the hot dogs were.....£5. The tickets were £10.50.

You can get the season pass for about €16 online, so not bad value really for both DLCs, and clash in the clouds as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Now the wait until March begins...
    Is the next part actually out in March or are you just being snarky about the amount of time it takes them to release DLC? I'm not going to play the DLC till the whole lot is out. It'll be a 2 parter is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Is the next part actually out in March or are you just being snarky about the amount of time it takes them to release DLC? I'm not going to play the DLC till the whole lot is out. It'll be a 2 parter is it?

From what I've seen on the steam community forums, it seems to be March 2014 for part 2. I'd say it's worth waiting for because you may feel cheated by the brevity of part 1. I loved it though, took my time, and enjoyed the new game play touches as well (new gun, new plasmid, new upgrades, etc)

I can't wait to play this tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭recyclops

while being short it is throughly enjoyable and fans of the story of both games will be happy with it. great game that sets up number 2 quite well

Ya I really liked it too.

I think I dragged it out as much as possible so it lasted roughly 2:30 - 3 hours.

The great thing is I've no idea where Part 2 will go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Just played it there. Short, but enjoyable. Elizabeth distracting the 3 shop keepers was a highlight for me. Had me laughing when I was supposed to be searching for the mask. :P

The winter plasmid was excellent. Freeze some guys, smash em with your melee. Cool way to dispatch them. I missed bucking bronco completely however which is a shame as it was my favourite plasmid from infinite. It seems a lot of people do. I only figured out where to get it afterwards.

For those who want to know where to get it,
    the bit with the electrified water in the vent closing level.....you have to freeze the water so that you can walk on it without getting hurt. Never occurred to me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Picked the main game up for the PC the other night and put a few hours in.

How did this manage to get such unanimous stellar reviews across the board? I just find it boring. Linear pretentious style over substance gibberish.
    "The Prophet". Where have we heard that before? Oh, that's right, the other two games in the series. The formula is way past it's sell-by-date at this stage.

Not sure how far I got but doubt I'll go back. Unless I'm finding it hard to sleep and need a cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

quarryman wrote: »

How did this manage to get such unanimous stellar reviews across the board? I just find it boring. Linear pretentious style over substance gibberish.
    "The Prophet". Where have we heard that before? Oh, that's right, the other two games in the series. The formula is way past it's sell-by-date at this stage.

Not sure how far I got but doubt I'll go back. Unless I'm finding it hard to sleep and need a cure.

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/285/4/a/gtfo_by_rober_raik-d4cm2ep.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Er....The prophet doesn't refer to who or what you think it does.

And what "formula" are you referring to? The combat? We could debate that if you want but if are referring to the story then I'm just going to laugh at you and facepalm because Infinite's story is nothing like any other game story out there including the first bioshock, so to call it formulaic is kind of hilarious. :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Kirby wrote: »

And what "formula" are you referring to? The combat? We could debate that if you want but if are referring to the story then I'm just going to laugh at you and facepalm because Infinite's story is nothing like any other game story out there including the first bioshock, so to call it formulaic is kind of hilarious. :P

Yeah, the story certainly wasn't formulaic, far from it & the gaming world could do with a few more studios willing to push the boat out narratively, but if the poster was referring to the combat, I'd tend to agree in calling the game 'formulaic'.

The story kept me enraptured (geddit?) throughout, but the gameplay was just repetitive and dull. Walk into room. Exit shuts by itself. Cue a series of goons followed by a fireman. Exit amazingly then opens by itself. Rinse. Repeat. I dropped the difficultly level to easy because I was just sick to death with these combat rooms. It's a pity there wasn't as much imagination put in the gameplay as there was the story & characterisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kirby wrote: »

I'm talking about the combat and general gameplay. As pixelburp said there were far too much of these "staged" shootouts boring linear progression.

It's just my opinion but this game suffered far too much from being on the hype train.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I'm talking about the combat and general gameplay. As pixelburp said there were far too much of these "staged" shootouts boring linear progression.

It's just my opinion but this game suffered far too much from being on the hype train.

it wasnt so much the hype train as a general favourable outlook brought on by having finished the game.

i was pretty damn unimpressed with it my first playthrough, up until near enough the end but it left me with enough of a favourable impression that I went back and replayed it immediately.. enjoying the whole experience far more this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,312 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Ok, I just finished this last night.

Had to resort to the internet to fill in the blanks so here is my one overriding question:

Does DeDwitt drowning himself not only stop the rise of Comstock in one world?

I mean, if there are infinite world and realities, then wouldn't every single DeWitt have to make the choice not to get baptised, not to walk away from baptism and become a loner BUT INSTEAD allow themselves to be drowned?

I just didn't understand why DeWitt dieing in one world would save ALL the Elizabeths.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

The baptism was the moment all Comstocks came into being, no baptism no Comstocks.

The baptism was the moment all Comstocks came into being, no baptism no Comstocks.

I don't get that?

Surely, there were a million baptism scenarios? (like Elizabeth says, a million worlds etc).

Surely, each Comstock/DeWitt had to make that choice.

I don't understand how Elizabeth getting just one of them to make it solves everything?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think all the Comstock's branched off from this one event. Like this was the fork in the road that led to all future versions of Comstock, and when Elizabeth(s) stopped it, all possible futures where Comstock existed also ceased.

But i don't want to think about it too much as i may go cross-eyed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Its been awhile but iirc all the parallel world stuff only really starts to get crazy after the twins start messing around on Columbia. That's when Comstock goes and kidnaps Elizabeth from a parallel version of himself - DeWitt.

After that fairly simple start it can get as bat**** crazy as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

Kiith wrote: »
    I think all the Comstock's branched off from this one event. Like this was the fork in the road that led to all future versions of Comstock, and when Elizabeth(s) stopped it, all possible futures where Comstock existed also ceased.

But i don't want to think about it too much as i may go cross-eyed.

What this man said, it gave me a headache when i finished it.
    On a side note here's a video telling you what's wrong with the game lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Hey lads, finally getting around to playing this. Great game but I'm having an audio issue on ps3 with it. I can only hear people speaking when I look directly at them, which means that voices are randomly coming in and out of play which is very annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Hey lads, finally getting around to playing this. Great game but I'm having an audio issue on ps3 with it. I can only hear people speaking when I look directly at them, which means that voices are randomly coming in and out of play which is very annoying.

I can't help directly but I experienced that with Metro: Last Light on the 360 so it could just be an issue with the game, i.e. the game as a whole, not your particular copy. I ended up turning on the subtitles which kind of took away from the atmosphere of the game for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭3wayswitch

I would imagine this would be caused by having your PS3 set to output surround sound when you don't actually have surround sound speakers. So when you turn your character the audio for the voices is being sent to a surround speaker that isn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

3wayswitch wrote: »
    I would imagine this would be caused by having your PS3 set to output surround sound when you don't actually have surround sound speakers. So when you turn your character the audio for the voices is being sent to a surround speaker that isn't there.

Good to know for the future.

I'd have thought it made complete sense for a character's audio to get louder as you get close and vice-versa.

Isn't this a common featur of Fallout, Oblivion, Dishonoured etc?

noodler wrote: »
    I'd have thought it made complete sense for a character's audio to get louder as you get close and vice-versa.

Isn't this a common featur of Fallout, Oblivion, Dishonoured etc?

That's true but the problem is that someone can be right beside you but if you're not facing them directly, you can't hear them.

That's true but the problem is that someone can be right beside you but if you're not facing them directly, you can't hear them.

Again, I only play with 2.1 speakers so I am not ruling out the possibility that it is a surround sound issue (some games like Infinite don't seem to have an option for you to choose the type of audio stream you want).

However, I still thought the what you are describing was 'as designed', could be wrong of course. Annoying since you can't change anything.

I did increase the voice volume up and turned down effects tho.

noodler wrote: »
    Again, I only play with 2.1 speakers so I am not ruling out the possibility that it is a surround sound issue (some games like Infinite don't seem to have an option for you to choose the type of audio stream you want).

However, I still thought the what you are describing was 'as designed', could be wrong of course. Annoying since you can't change anything.

I did increase the voice volume up and turned down effects tho.

I think I'll have to invest in some speakers!

I did as you suggested and it helps but it still breaks immersion as you can be in a large room with music blaring but if you do a 180 degree turn while staying in that room, the music disappears.

• Advertisement

So I looked further into this and it seems to be a bug that some people get. I downloaded this game from the psn, so if I delete the game file but keep the save file, will i still have to restart the game?

Advertisement