Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Forerunner 110 - my watch often takes 2 goes to turn it off. When I shut it down the first time it simply comes back on again. Normally on the second go it turns off but the other night it took 3 goes. Bit annoying when you just want to put the watch away.
    It also takes a couple of minutes sometimes to locate the satellites.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,845 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Garmin Forerunner 220

Constantly saying its a 100% but when i used it, it dies. I try to recharge it and says its a 100%.

Any one seen this or know the fix. Ready to throw it in the bin and go back to the 410.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Garmin Forerunner 220

Constantly saying its a 100% but when i used it, it dies. I try to recharge it and says its a 100%.

Any one seen this or know the fix. Ready to throw it in the bin and go back to the 410.

GF has the 220 and hasn't seen this. Have you tried a hard reset?

viperlogic wrote: »
    GF has the 220 and hasn't seen this. Have you tried a hard reset?

Yep tried that and no better. Garmin support page is a disaster, keeps saying sign in, but i am already signed in.

You could give them a call or try the forums https://forums.garmin.com/forumdisplay.php?427-Forerunner-220

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Yep tried that and no better. Garmin support page is a disaster, keeps saying sign in, but i am already signed in.

Check you have minimum firmware 2.5 ...
    http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=6643
    Changes made from version 2.20 to 2.50:
    Fixed issue where the reported battery capacity could be inaccurate.

( I'm waiting for my 220 to be delivered )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Having the problem with the Start button starting a couple weeks ago, now the satellite seems screwed. This is where it claimed I ran today;

screwedrun.png

I got a response straight away from Garmin on Tuesday asking for my address and phone number to send me a replacement, replied straight away and have heard nothing since. Sent them quite a terse email after the further problems today.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

pointer28 wrote: »
    Mine did the same today, 30 minutes of a ride disappeared. The same activity was perfect when I uploaded it to training peaks though so it must be GC is the problem.

Another dodgy session on my 410 yesterday - Moving time disappears from km 15 to 24 - has anyone any idea why this might be happening and how I can fix this? Total run time 2:27:45, Moving time 1:26:40. Is it something to do with my watch or could it be Garmin or Satellite related? Any insight would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

Another dodgy session on my 410 yesterday - Moving time disappears from km 15 to 24 - has anyone any idea why this might be happening and how I can fix this? Total run time 2:27:45, Moving time 1:26:40. Is it something to do with my watch or could it be Garmin or Satellite related? Any insight would be much appreciated.

Have you checked the activity history on the watch itself, or is this just what you're seeing on Garmin Connect?

My 410 has been perfect every time but Garmin Connect has been messing up the figures, the sessions are perfect when I upload them to Training Peaks.

I think there are some serious issues with GC that Garmin are addressing at the moment.

I did 36k on the bike last week and it gave me a moving time of 2 secs at an average speed of 64,080 kmh!

Have a look at the fit file (could be other format) with notepad or similar, it will be in an xml like format and see what the raw data has. Then you will know if garmin connect is parsing it wrong or the source data is wrong. I highly doubt its the 410 thou, my old one was bullet proof, unlike my 620 which is just bug after bug at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

I'm having the same problems. I uploaded the same .gpx to Strava and there are no issues on that site. Must be a Garmin Connect issue, nothing to do with your watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Garmin Forerunner 220

I had this issue with the Edge 500. The fix was to leave it on until the battery drained completely.

(One of many reasons why my next device will not be a garmin)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Get in contact with support and get it replaced. See the support numbers on the RHS of this page.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Anyone know if the Garmin Forerunner 10 has another charger for it besides the cable for the computer?

Anyone know if the Garmin Forerunner 10 has another charger for it besides the cable for the computer?
    If you go to the Garmin shop, and go to the page for your product, then click on accessories, you can see the full list of 'official' accessories. In this case, they only seem to offer a charging data/clip (in two different colours), the same as the one you would have gotten in the box. It's a standard USB plug though, so you could plug it into any household/USB AC adapter, if you don't have a USB plug available. It's £15.99 from Garmin, in case you broke/lost yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Sparkles2012

Thanks, did notice that the cable fitted into the charger for my camera so can use that. Was just wondering incase I would damage the watch by using the wrong charger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Thanks, did notice that the cable fitted into the charger for my camera so can use that. Was just wondering incase I would damage the watch by using the wrong charger.

I often charge my watch on my Iphone Plug. Doesn't seem to be a problem...

USB is a standard voltage. In fact, the other Garmin watches usually come with a standard AC adapter.

Get in contact with support and get it replaced. See the support numbers on the RHS of this page.

I emailed them yesterday so hopefully will get a reply soon. Back to my garmin 405 now.
    Ever reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

I'm having the same problems. I uploaded the same .gpx to Strava and there are no issues on that site. Must be a Garmin Connect issue, nothing to do with your watch.
    viperlogic wrote: »
    Have a look at the fit file (could be other format) with notepad or similar, it will be in an xml like format and see what the raw data has. Then you will know if garmin connect is parsing it wrong or the source data is wrong. I highly doubt its the 410 thou, my old one was bullet proof, unlike my 620 which is just bug after bug at the moment
    pointer28 wrote: »
    Have you checked the activity history on the watch itself, or is this just what you're seeing on Garmin Connect?

My 410 has been perfect every time but Garmin Connect has been messing up the figures, the sessions are perfect when I upload them to Training Peaks.

I think there are some serious issues with GC that Garmin are addressing at the moment.

I did 36k on the bike last week and it gave me a moving time of 2 secs at an average speed of 64,080 kmh!

Have a look at the following support forum thread it seems this issue is related to pausing during a run and is a bug on connect site which happened following some recent changes...

https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?77850-Time-calculation-issue-not-fixed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Anyone else with a 405CX not displaying laps on the map on the details tab in an activity?

Laps recorded in laps section but can't see on the map. just the route

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Trampas wrote: »
    Anyone else with a 405CX not displaying laps on the map on the details tab in an activity?

Laps recorded in laps section but can't see on the map. just the route

It's the same with my 410.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭Trampas

Garmin aware of issue and working on fix

FYI, new GPS update to v3.10 for the 620 (and 220) out now. Release notes say "Improved GPS positioning performance in some cases". I will find out later today as there is always a section where the 620 goes a bit weird, whereas the 410 didnt.

A sales assistant in Wheelworx in Fonthill, Dublin said to me last week that the Garmin 410 is now obsolete and they don't sell it anymore, and their supplier said it has been replaced by the 620 - is this true? You can still buy the 410 on Amazon - so I'm wondering was she just telling porky pies?

A sales assistant in Wheelworx in Fonthill, Dublin said to me last week that the Garmin 410 is now obsolete and they don't sell it anymore, and their supplier said it has been replaced by the 620 - is this true? You can still buy the 410 on Amazon - so I'm wondering was she just telling porky pies?

It is discontinued alright by Garmin, there is a note on their site. What's left out there is the remaining stock by 3rd parties. All the ones on Amazon are via 3rd parties, not from Amazon. If you are looking for a 410, I have one for sale :)

I presume they means that Garmin aren't manufacturing it any longer. Doesn't mean that Garmin won't support it. Your statutory rights would be unaffected and Garmin have a history of offering out of warranty support (for example factory refurbished replacements) on products that they stopped manufacturing many many years ago, like the forerunner 205.

I'm not sure which watch is the logical replacement for the 410. Probably the 610 or the 620, but the 220 does most things that the 410 used to do.

I'm not sure which watch is the logical replacement for the 410. Probably the 610 or the 620, but the 220 does most things that the 410 used to do.

Well, I'm looking for an upgrade to my 410 - I will be in the states in about 8 weeks time so thought it might be cheaper to buy a half-decent Garmin over there. Someone mentioned the 620 - isnt there also a 900 series watch?

Well, I'm looking for an upgrade to my 410 - I will be in the states in about 8 weeks time so thought it might be cheaper to buy a half-decent Garmin over there. Someone mentioned the 620 - isnt there also a 900 series watch?
    Yep, the 910xt (which I have myself). It's aimed more clearly at the triathlon end of the market, with support for cycling and swimming, but as a runner, it suits me well. What I like about it:
    No bezel - just buttons
    Nice big screen - lots of room for data fields
    Vibration alerts
    some simple navigation/route following functionality
    It just works

It has been rumoured for some time that the 910 will also be replaced. If that's going to happen, I'd imagine that it will gain some of the additional functionality offered by the 220/620 watches. The 220/620 are the latest generation Garmin models. I'd be a little wary of some of the negative reports on this forum about the 620. The 220 seems to work very well though.

• Advertisement

There is the 910, but no replacement ear marked for it yet. There is the Fenix2 but it's not apart of the FR series.

If in the states, get your watch from clevertraining using DCrainmakers 10% discount. You will save a fortune compared to Ireland. I did for the 220, but was too impatient for the 620 and got it on wiggle (with discounts) instead.

A useful site for tracking prices in UK is http://www.satnav-discounts.co.uk/gps-watches/garmin-forerunner-620.htm#prices

Advertisement