Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

Dsenna wrote: »
    Looking to get a 620 from the eglobal site, 299 euro including the hrm but the site won't let me checkout with paypal , anyone else tried this site , or got anything from them ? The customer service doesn't seem interested in helping out !

Just got mine delivered from them today. Paid a bit extra for insured delivery and it arrived in three days. Two thumbs up for Eglobal. Going to give it a test run tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Dsenna

Thanks guys , sent my order yesterday so fingers crossed, also used the insured postage , enjoy the run today

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

Not strictly a Garmin issue but I use these 2 apps that link with Garmin Connect? Every since the recent Garmin upgrades (express etc) they have stopped working. Any thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Just got mine delivered from them today. Paid a bit extra for insured delivery and it arrived in three days. Two thumbs up for Eglobal. Going to give it a test run tomorrow :)

Interesting...thanks for sharing, this is the cheapest place I've seen it online.
    Very tempted to pull the trigger on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

The earlier versions of Garmin Express deleted the fit files from the PC after uploading to the Connect site. Apparently, version 3.0.4 or later of Garmin Express no longer deletes the files, leaving them available for other software to collect that data. Try upgrading Express to the latest version, and the apps should start working again. You may have to get the interim activities from the watch manually to fill in the gaps, or you can export the missing activities from Connect and load them manually into the other apps.

R

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me, with Garmin Connect - when I upload a run, how private will that data be, is it available to anyone to see or how does it work?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

You can set the default privacy level for all activities in the Settings page (click your name on the top right and select settings. You can set the privacy for each activity, just go into the activity and edit, or the Analyse|Activities page to do bulk editing and click the padlock on or off. There are four settings; private (just you), public (everyone), connections (individuals you choose) and Connections and Groups (individuals you choose and groups you are a member of). You can set up your connection by clicking Explore|People and searching for the individual, then click Connect. They will have to accept to be able to share activities.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

RunDMC wrote: »
    The earlier versions of Garmin Express deleted the fit files from the PC after uploading to the Connect site. Apparently, version 3.0.4 or later of Garmin Express no longer deletes the files, leaving them available for other software to collect that data. Try upgrading Express to the latest version, and the apps should start working again. You may have to get the interim activities from the watch manually to fill in the gaps, or you can export the missing activities from Connect and load them manually into the other apps.

R

Thanks for that. I'll have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

Did you have any issues getting the payment through, I had a go through the UK site but it kept getting declined?

Did you have any issues getting the payment through, I had a go through the UK site but it kept getting declined?

No, I had no problems at all.

• Advertisement

Is this eglobalcentral.eu or eglobaldigitalstore.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

No, I had no problems at all.

Are you still working for Polymer Records?

Anyway, how was the Garmin in the end? It seems so much cheaper than other sites so I was wondering where the catch was?
    Very tempted to get this myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is there a way to stop your Garmin from delocking from satellites. Normally I think after 5 minutes or so it delocks which can catch you out at start of race.
    I normally now just let the watch run on the timer and then reset to start a new time when ready to race. I then delete the obsolete run on Garmin Connect.
    But is there a way to keep it locked on.
    Forerunner 110.

Also if I want to do splits at 500m can you just press a button to record a split and then another button press to start again or is this only available for higher spec watches.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is there a way to stop your Garmin from delocking from satellites. Normally I think after 5 minutes or so it delocks which can catch you out at start of race.
    I normally now just let the watch run on the timer and then reset to start a new time when ready to race. I then delete the obsolete run on Garmin Connect.
    But is there a way to keep it locked on.
    Forerunner 110.

Also if I want to do splits at 500m can you just press a button to record a split and then another button press to start again or is this only available for higher spec watches.

Thanks
    Can you explain what you mean by de-locking? Do you mean that the watch is losing it's connection from the satellites, or that the watch is going into powersave mode? There doesn't seem to be a mechanism to disable powersave mode, if that's what you mean. I presume hitting any key would prevent the watch from going into this mode though, so maybe you could just hit the lap button occasionally (without starting your workout), to prevent powersave mode?

As for your second question, you can set the watch to auto-lap every 500m, or manually lap using the lap button. Have you read the manual?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Auto Sleep mode on the 220 has an option of 'extended' which holds the mode ready to start for 25 mins rather than the 5 mins on other units.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

As for your second question, you can set the watch to auto-lap every 500m, or manually lap using the lap button. Have you read the manual?

Is that any good for doing splits where you would have a breather between each split.
    When you say manually lap do you just press the lap button at end of split and then press it again to start and stop another split.

The first question you have answered for me. I will try to press the lap button.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Is that any good for doing splits where you would have a breather between each split.
    When you say manually lap do you just press the lap button at end of split and then press it again to start and stop another split.

The first question you have answered for me. I will try to press the lap button.
    Yes. If you turn off auto-lap, then it will only lap when you press the lap button. So lets assume you want to do 500m intervals with a 2 minute recovery:

1) Press the start button
    2) Do an easy arm-up run for 10 minutes
    3) Press Lap to indicate the start of a 500m interval
    4) After running 500m, press lap to indicate the end of the interval
    5) Recover for 2 minutes
    6) Press lap to indicate the start of the next interval.
    etc.

When you look at the workout in Garmin Connect you will get separate splits for warm-up, 500m interval, recovery, etc. With higher end watches you can set up these intervals automatically (using intervals or advanced workouts), but you should be able to manage with manual laps.

My 620 arrived today from eglobal.au had a little trouble paying with paypal but they sent me a link which worked fine .3 day delivery from Hong Kong was able to follow each stage with DHL , all good and at a great price

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭somedood

Dsenna wrote: »
    My 620 arrived today from eglobal.au had a little trouble paying with paypal but they sent me a link which worked fine .3 day delivery from Hong Kong was able to follow each stage with DHL , all good and at a great price

Did you have to pay VAT/Duty on it?

somedood wrote: »
    Are you still working for Polymer Records?

Anyway, how was the Garmin in the end? It seems so much cheaper than other sites so I was wondering where the catch was?
    Very tempted to get this myself.

Yeah, still working for Polymer, but what can I tell you? Business is terrible. Do me a favour, kick my ass :)

The 620 is great. I had the 110 before that and I'm finding the VO2 max, HR, and cadence features of the 620 very useful.

• Advertisement

somedood wrote: »
    Did you have to pay VAT/Duty on it?

Just paid the asking price

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

Recently ive been noticing that the info transferred to GC is different to what is on watch.eg, this morns lsr 15 miles/ 2.04.59/ 8.20 pace. When uploaded to GC,time is 2.06.33, pace 8.26. The splits are identical on watch and GC and when I calculated them manually and averaged them,they correlated to what is on the watch.It seems that GC is not doing its sums right. Any ideas???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Recently ive been noticing that the info transferred to GC is different to what is on watch.eg, this morns lsr 15 miles/ 2.04.59/ 8.20 pace. When uploaded to GC,time is 2.06.33, pace 8.26. The splits are identical on watch and GC and when I calculated them manually and averaged them,they correlated to what is on the watch.It seems that GC is not doing its sums right. Any ideas???

No, but it happened me too last week. I have never noticed it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

huskerdu wrote: »
    No, but it happened me too last week. I have never noticed it before.

There seems to be issues in general on GC as average moving pace is now always the same as average pace. It used to be different allowing only for time when watch had reception.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

belcarra wrote: »
    There seems to be issues in general on GC as average moving pace is now always the same as average pace. It used to be different allowing only for time when watch had reception.

+1 I'm seeing the same issue all the time the last couple of weeks. It's fine if you start and finish a run at once. I did 19 miles @ 8:45 yesterday which involved a drinks break and stopping to meet a gang from the club and GC shows average pace as 9:23.

It's taking the overall time from when you started until you finished, even when the watch is stopped which is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

No idea why but mine is doing the same.

The only think I can think is I did pause for a minute and maybe this wasn't recognised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 PaddyOisin

There is a software glitch on GC at present. I contacted Garmin support and they said they are addressing the problem but do not have a firm time for when it will be fixed........... That was more than two weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

I uploaded a run today that looked fine on the watch but when uploaded, the moving time is at zero for the last 7 of 10 kilometres but the splits for each k are recorded ok. Anyone have any idea what this could be or if it is fixable? The actual run length was 56 mins, but the total time showing on the upload is 16 minutes. I don't recall the watch (Garmin 410) losing satellite reception during the run and it recorded the route correctly, it just appears that the moving time didn't function after the first 3k. Any help would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭pointer28

I uploaded a run today that looked fine on the watch but when uploaded, the moving time is at zero for the last 7 of 10 kilometres but the splits for each k are recorded ok. Anyone have any idea what this could be or if it is fixable? The actual run length was 56 mins, but the total time showing on the upload is 16 minutes. I don't recall the watch (Garmin 410) losing satellite reception during the run and it recorded the route correctly, it just appears that the moving time didn't function after the first 3k. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mine did the same today, 30 minutes of a ride disappeared. The same activity was perfect when I uploaded it to training peaks though so it must be GC is the problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

The Start button on my Forerunner 110 has been fairly unresponsive for a couple weeks now, today was barely working at all. Took a minute at the end of my run to get it to stop so I could store the run (and that annoyed me far more than it should have).

Is it a common problem? Any easy fix? Watch is less than a year old, it's been out for around 200 runs.

Advertisement