Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Garmin Forerunner 610, plugged in to charge this evening. An hour or so later it is stuck in a boot loop, restarting, getting to the garmin logo and restarting again.

I've tried holding down the power button and selecting turn off, but the same thing keeps happening.

Anyone seen this before?

Only thing I can think of is to let the battery die completely but I've heard elsewhere that's a bad idea.

Watch was at 29% when I plugged it in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

And now it is completely dead, won't respond to any button presses, sort of like this:

http://www.justanswer.com/gps/5gx2f-hello-my-garmin-forerunner-610-completely-gone-dead-it.html

Hope I don't need to get another one :(

Well went from no response at all, to plugging it into the laptop (instead of the wall) and then it showed at 100% charged but froze when I took it off the charger, to then showing 0%. So left it charging again overnight.

Seems OK this morning but I fear the garmin is not long for this world!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Onaragatip

Hi I have a Garmin 610 and was wondering if someone could help me out. Im back running about 4months after a layoff .... probably didnt use my watch for about 3months. Since Im back running the watch does not upload my runs once I reset my watch, but it does update the total mileage. This dosnt allow me to view each individual run and see how each mile progressed, intervals etc. Im not sure is there some setting on the watch that has defaulted so it dosnt upload the run successfully or does the watch need to be sent back to Garmin
    Thanks
    Onaragatip

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Onaragatip wrote: »
    Hi I have a Garmin 610 and was wondering if someone could help me out. Im back running about 4months after a layoff .... probably didnt use my watch for about 3months. Since Im back running the watch does not upload my runs once I reset my watch, but it does update the total mileage. This dosnt allow me to view each individual run and see how each mile progressed, intervals etc. Im not sure is there some setting on the watch that has defaulted so it dosnt upload the run successfully or does the watch need to be sent back to Garmin
    Thanks
    Onaragatip
    Hi Onaragatip, can you clarify a little? When you say 'it does update the total mileage' are you referring to 'on the watch' or 'on the Garmin Connect website'?
    I'd imagine that a hard reset will likely sort out your problems (at the cost of losing all your existing data). Here's how to do a hard reset.

• Advertisement

I've had this problem before. I followed the steps on this thread and it sorted my problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

New update (2.70) out for FR220 and FR620

Fixed issue that could cause watch to stop recording distance.
    Fixed issue that could cause Wi-Fi downloads of predicted satellite data to fail.
    Made other minor improvements to Wi-Fi performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Zaram

Hi, I have a forerunner 410 and the start/stop button has fallen off!! It's about 2 years old so out of warranty. Just wondering how do I go about getting it fixed. Should I contact Garmin UK or is there anywhere in Ireland I can get it fixed. Have a race next weekend really need it for! Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Onaragatip

Thanks Krusty
    That worked, I did lose my weekly/total mileage and some of my earlier road races, but the main thing is the watch is working correctly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

RunDMC wrote: »
    There's a link at the top of the dashboard page that allows you to switch on the interface. The bad news is that it's still a bit cluncky, the good news is that you can switch back to the old interface in the settings.

R
    Where?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Can one 'Do' a course and 'Do' a workout at the same time ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PaulieC wrote: »
    Can one 'Do' a course and 'Do' a workout at the same time ?
    Don't believe it's possible. If you'd already run the workout on the route, then you could just repeat the course and race against your virtual buddy, but you wouldn't have the benefit of the workout-specific data fields.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Lately I've been noticing on garmin connect that there are message notifications in the top right hand corner but when I go to access them it says that there is nothing. Afraid I'm missing some messages from friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭RunDMC

I've had that problem for months, and then number grows when people comment on my activities. I guess it's a low priority for Garmin given all the other things they have to fix with GC, as I never got a response to my support request.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Anyone kow the best place to get a forerunner 310XT repaired in Dublin? The mode button has stopped working on mine, I jsut hope it can be repaired as it's only 18 months old!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Update out for the FR220 and FR620 which finally includes Bike mode for the FR620

Changes made from version 2.70 to 2.80:
    Added support for run, race, and ride activity profiles to allow customized settings for training runs, races, and bicycle rides.
    Added support for speed/cadence, speed only, and cadence only sensors for cycling activities.
    Added a shortcut menu to change activity profiles via a press and hold on the home screen.
    Added support for configuring a second data field on the lap banner.
    Added support for automatic calibration of the foot pod by GPS.
    Changed alerts during running workouts to be based on lap pace/speed rather than instantaneous pace/speed.
    Fixed an issue where Auto Pause could fail to work correctly when using a custom pace/speed setting.
    Fixed an issue where distance could fail to accumulate during an activity.
    Updated translations.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

If anyone is looking for the FR220 + HRM it's going for £193 on Amazon.co.uk.
    The Foot Pod is on sale for £30 too from Wiggle (use Parcel Motel)

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I see Aldi have a GPS watch for €80.00 this 29 June. Have they had this before? Any good, the 3 bar waterproofing looks interesting?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-29th-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/gps-unisex-watch/

It looks like a Sunnto model.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

Wally Runs wrote: »
    I see Aldi have a GPS watch for €80.00 this 29 June. Have they had this before? Any good, the 3 bar waterproofing looks interesting?

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/sunday-29th-june/products-detail-page/ps/p/gps-unisex-watch/

It looks like a Sunnto model.

Impressive looking piece of kit for the price! Video makes it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

Bought the forerunner 110 last week,very happy with it.
    Just wondering,is there a limit to the number of runs it can store and if you delete runs off of it after you've sync'd it on a computer will those runs disappear when you next sync it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

ooter wrote: »
    Bought the forerunner 110 last week,very happy with it.
    Just wondering,is there a limit to the number of runs it can store and if you delete runs off of it after you've sync'd it on a computer will those runs disappear when you next sync it?

All the garmin watches have a limit but it should be a good few runs. You can set up the ant agent to delete the run off the watch after it's been transferred to Garmin Connect, that's what I've done as otherwise wouldn't remember to get rid of them.

Once the activity is in GC then it stays there regardless of you deleting it on the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭ooter

opus wrote: »
    All the garmin watches have a limit but it should be a good few runs. You can set up the ant agent to delete the run off the watch after it's been transferred to Garmin Connect, that's what I've done as otherwise wouldn't remember to get rid of them.

Once the activity is in GC then it stays there regardless of you deleting it on the watch.

Thanks opus,that's good to know.
    How do you set up the ant agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,963 ✭✭✭opus

ooter wrote: »
    Thanks opus,that's good to know.
    How do you set up the ant agent?

Follow whatever it says in the blurb that came with the watch I guess :) Garmin look to be moving away from the ant agent to Garmin Express which is a bit buggy but not sure what they recommend to use with the 110. It has the same settings option though to delete an activity from the watch after it's been transferred successfully to GC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

Hello all,

apologies if this has been answered already, I did a search but I can't find the answer. I have a Garmin 220 which I know can be connected to a HRM although I didn't get one with it when it was bought. I am wondering do I need to buy a Garmin HRM or will any one do?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

spaceylou wrote: »
    Hello all,

apologies if this has been answered already, I did a search but I can't find the answer. I have a Garmin 220 which I know can be connected to a HRM although I didn't get one with it when it was bought. I am wondering do I need to buy a Garmin HRM or will any one do?

Doesn't have to be Garmin, but does need to be Ant+

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hey all

Using the new garmin connect website layout. There doesn't seem to be a dashboard like the old one. The Personal Records are on their own link but it doesn't allow records for 5 mile or 10 mile. Any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

I've a question about personal records recorded by the Garmin watch. Do I have to have the watch settings to kilometres for it to recognise new records for 5k and 10k or would it be smart enough to know if I ran 3.1 or 3.2 miles that it is a new 5k PB?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

veganrun wrote: »
    I've a question about personal records recorded by the Garmin watch. Do I have to have the watch settings to kilometres for it to recognise new records for 5k and 10k or would it be smart enough to know if I ran 3.1 or 3.2 miles that it is a new 5k PB?

Normally once it is on or a little over the distance it will record as a PB. However if you do a measured 5k and it only comes up as 4.9k on your Garmin it will not record it as a PB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Hi folks,

I searched the thread using Krusty’s handy guidelines but haven’t been able to find an answer. Hopefully someone can help…

I have an issue particularly on tempo runs, where I’m trying to keep my HR between say 155 and 162 or so. Yesterday for instance my HR was 157 for a lot of the run and 160 for the last 3 km or so. (It was only 8.5km). When I got home the summary of the run suggested an average HR for the run of 152, which would have been the lowest my HR was at any point. I really wasn’t below 155 for long at any stage.

Now I know the Garmin can spike (it had the last 5km of my Saturday LSR at 170 even though I was going at 5:10 pace and breathing very easy) and that’s a separate issue. It’s just I’ve noticed this discrepancy between what I would perceive my average HR to be from looking at the watch (around 157/158 last night) to how it appears afterwards.

I guess I’m asking, is the ‘summary’ HR correct? If so isn’t this a bit of a pain when trying to stay within certain zones? Yesterday is not an isolated example btw, it’s a common enough thing I’ve noticed.

Advertisement