Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭opus

Anyone else seeing crazy elevation graphs on Garmin Connect recently? Eg this is from the local 10k in Passage West that I ran on Fri which has a bit of a hill in the 2nd half. Pretty sure I'd have noticed all those 12000m vertical ascents & descents!

2vx3g1s.png

Looks to be affecting my old activities as well as someone posted a link to my Belfast Marathon activity from last year which showed a perfectly flat course apart from a challenging 12,000m climb at km 28 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

Garmin performing upgrades and hence elevations all over the place. See notice here.....
    https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?82303-Important-Information-regarding-Modern-View-Upgrade-and-Feature-Enhancements

Upload your FIT file to Strava or equilavlent and they will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

opus wrote: »
    Anyone else seeing crazy elevation graphs on Garmin Connect recently? Eg this is from the local 10k in Passage West that I ran on Fri which has a bit of a hill in the 2nd half. Pretty sure I'd have noticed all those 12000m vertical ascents & descents!

2vx3g1s.png

Looks to be affecting my old activities as well as someone posted a link to my Belfast Marathon activity from last year which showed a perfectly flat course apart from a challenging 12,000m climb at km 28 :)

Have you enabled elevation corrections?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Have you enabled elevation corrections?

Normally it's enabled, tonights 10k around Cork (Samsung night run) looks ok i.e. no 12,000m peaks so maybe they've sorted it out for new activities. My Belfast track from last year still shows a peaks 4000m higher than Everest mind you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

I had spikes yesterday (sunday) of up to 12,000 meters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

I've been having quite a bit of trouble uploading runs recently. I have a Forerunner 410XT - generally when I plug the ant device in, nothing happens - this seems to be happening more and more now. My solution was to start another run on the watch for a few seconds and then end it, this usually kicks the ant agent into noticing that new data is ready to upload - but not tonight! It's now uploaded the 2 new 5 second runs but not picked up the 10k I did 4 hours ago - it really is becoming a pain in the ass. Any workarounds or guidance on how to get this run uploaded would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

My 220 has refused to work recently. Halfway during the Ray D'arcy HM, and on my 2 subsequent 6 / 8 milers since then, it doesn't log mileage at all. It "connects" before I set off but that's it.

Anyone got any tips? Should I update software?

christeb wrote: »
    My 220 has refused to work recently. Halfway during the Ray D'arcy HM, and on my 2 subsequent 6 / 8 milers since then, it doesn't log mileage at all. It "connects" before I set off but that's it.

Anyone got any tips? Should I update software?

if not already done, update firmware to 2.6 and GPS to 3.10. If thats already done, then do a hard reset. Seems to resolve most issues. If issues persist then open ticket with Garmin and they may suggest other things to do or will send you an RMA to get it replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭shane1981

Im having spikes too. And I cant upload my run from yesterday. Some strange things happening with Garmin the past few days. Lots of issues on their forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭JohnnyCrash

I've been having quite a bit of trouble uploading runs recently. I have a Forerunner 410XT - generally when I plug the ant device in, nothing happens - this seems to be happening more and more now. My solution was to start another run on the watch for a few seconds and then end it, this usually kicks the ant agent into noticing that new data is ready to upload - but not tonight! It's now uploaded the 2 new 5 second runs but not picked up the 10k I did 4 hours ago - it really is becoming a pain in the ass. Any workarounds or guidance on how to get this run uploaded would be appreciated.

Having this a lot with my 410 also,wont auto transfer when I get in after a run most times. I go into settings ant+,computer and force send ON.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Omeceron wrote: »
    My latest run from the Garmin 610 has failed to upload to Garmin connect. The Data transfer status from the ant device just said failed. This is the 4th time this has happened in 6 months.

I can locate the run by going to Upload - Upload New activities. When I try to upload it the status goes to uploading but never finishes.

I have reset the device by holding the 3 buttons and then re-entering my profile. The run is still there but wont load.

The run has uploaded to Strava without any issues but I still would like it on Garmin connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Garmin have sorted the issue of runs not uploading over the past week. It seems to have started around the 21st/22nd. It was on the garmin forum the past few days. They took the site offline for a few hours last night and sorted it. My 'problem' run uploaded straight away when they came back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Garmin have sorted the issue of runs not uploading over the past week. It seems to have started around the 21st/22nd. It was on the garmin forum the past few days. They took the site offline for a few hours last night and sorted it. My 'problem' run uploaded straight away when they came back up.

Still wont load. I can see it under Upload - Upload selected activities but it just keeps trying to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just noticed this evening, is anyone's Garmin uploading their runs showing an hour earlier - my 18:09 run this evening shows as starting at 17:09?

yep. Same here, runs from Thursday and Saturday showing as an hour earlier than actual time.

I've noticed recently that on some activities, when I go to compare them, all the laps are showing as blanks under the headings Time/Distance/Avg Pace. However, the splits do show when going into the run itself, just not on the compare page - has anyone else noticed this?

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Just noticed this evening, is anyone's Garmin uploading their runs showing an hour earlier - my 18:09 run this evening shows as starting at 17:09?

Just checked there & it looks ok for me, maybe there's a timezone setting somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download a workout made on connect to my 910. It keeps asking me to use garminexpress, but the only options I can see in there is to update the firmware or sync activities.
    Oh and the update doesn't work either.
    I'm considering getting rid and going back to something that connects via USB. In my experience, Garmin haven't really got the hang of the whole wireless thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

PaulieC wrote: »
    I consider myself fairly tech savvy, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to download a workout made on connect to my 910. It keeps asking me to use garminexpress, but the only options I can see in there is to update the firmware or sync activities.
    Oh and the update doesn't work either.
    I'm considering getting rid and going back to something that connects via USB. In my experience, Garmin haven't really got the hang of the whole wireless thing.
    I just did it there, without any issues. What browser are you using? After you click [Send to Device] you should get a browser pop-up window asking you if you want to launch an external application (Garmin Express). If you click [Launch Application], it should launch Garmin Express, and under the Synch heading, it should list '1 Item to synch', which should then synch. It may be that you have a queue of items to synch and one of them has become corrupted?

Using ie11. I get a 'start using Garmin express' dialog which keeps launching a new browser window to install the program, even though it's already installed. I'll try it on my laptop and using a different browser (using dell tab atm)

• Advertisement

Eventually got it to work after un-pairing the device and re-pairing it. Not a user-friendly workflow and the garmin help content is woeful.

Just checked there & it looks ok for me, maybe there's a timezone setting somewhere?

Watch is showing the correct time of day and connect has a GMT setting, but no BST setting!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

A quick question.

Is the 620 worth the extra money over the 220? I can't seem to find a decent comparison anywhere?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    A quick question.

Is the 620 worth the extra money over the 220? I can't seem to find a decent comparison anywhere?

Check out Ray's comparison chart here

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/11/garmin-forerunner-review.html#comparison-tables

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Watch is showing the correct time of day and connect has a GMT setting, but no BST setting!

This is what I've got in there & having just checked my run this evening the time is right.

k3ah51.jpg

I spotted a GMT setting as well as the above so maybe you've that one selected :confused:

This is what I've got in there & having just checked my run this evening the time is right.

k3ah51.jpg

I spotted a GMT setting as well as the above so maybe you've that one selected :confused:

Will try WET and see what happens this evening

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Is there any way to edit your run if you forgot to stop your watch at the end of a run?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

On the forerunner 305 at least, you could go to history and go to your workout. View laps and just select the last lap and delete it. Probably the easiest way. I've made that mistake before thinking i've stopped it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

martyboy48 wrote: »
    On the forerunner 305 at least, you could go to history and go to your workout. View laps and just select the last lap and delete it. Probably the easiest way. I've made that mistake before thinking i've stopped it :)

But can you edit to the actual correct time and distance of a race?

I can understand why Garmin don't allow it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

martyboy48 wrote: »
    You can download the activity and edit it in an XML editor (or Garmin Training Centre) and just delete a lap. Usually I just go into the activity and correct the data. My problem is that I keep stopping the watch at traffic lights and forget to re-start it.

Advertisement