Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

K-9 wrote: »
    Dublin?

Yes, where is this going?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yes, where is this going?

Well, it isn't Croke Park and it isn't the other 31 counties, so it maybe related to that.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

K-9 wrote: »
    Well, it isn't Croke Park and it isn't the other 31 counties, so it maybe related to that.

It wasn't just Dublin fans if that's what you're trying to get at.

It wasn't just Dublin fans if that's what you're trying to get at.

Fair enough.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭Renn

Their obsession with GAA. And the constant wearing of their local club tracksuits.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

nah i dont think i contradicted myself
    The people who ring Joe Duffy... are the opposite to bleeding hearts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Dudess wrote: »
    The people who ring Joe Duffy... are the opposite to bleeding hearts.

:(

:(

Personally, they are selfish morons, so full of personal outrage, they can't see the big picture!

But yes, it generally wouldn't be bleeding hearts!

Maybe you could give a few examples?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Feeded

I hate when Irish people say things like "sure everyone loves us" or "everyone wants to be Irish". No they dont and its fcukin embarrassing.

hi Scientific1982. . . Are you Irish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭wahmeister666

The racist ways of most of Ireland,and the scumbags that you may come across.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

The racist ways of most of Ireland

Giggle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Feeded wrote: »
    hi Scientific1982. . . Are you Irish?
    Yeah born and bred.

Giggle.

Its true though haha

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

I hate when Irish people say things like "sure everyone loves us" or "everyone wants to be Irish". No they dont and its fcukin embarrassing.

I take it your English yea?

In your other thread about history and the English language i kinda of felt sorry for you when people were giving you a hard time because it was a base for a good discussion.

Now this thread bites the biscuit. Your looking for an argument.

Go away please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Mak_United wrote: »
    I take it your English yea?

In your other thread about history and the English language i kinda of felt sorry for you when people were giving you a hard time because it was a base for a good discussion.

Now this thread bites the biscuit. Your looking for an argument.

Go away please.
    1. Im Irish born and bred.
    2. The day im bothered by an anonymous person on an internet forum will be a very sad day for me indeed.
    3. I didnt realise some people were so hyper sensitive and ultra nationalistic on these boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭maninasia

You made yourself look very silly there Mak_united..maybe learn a lesson from that.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

1. Im Irish born and bred.
    2. The day im bothered by an anonymous person on an internet forum will be a very sad day for me indeed.
    3. I didnt realise some people were so hyper sensitive and ultra nationalistic on these boards.

Then why post as if Irish are bottom of the food chain?
    maninasia wrote: »
    You made yourself look very silly there Mak_united..maybe learn a lesson from that.

Care to explain? :rolleyes: I take it your on about the post were he says he is Irish born and bred? Yea i just read the first post > Quoted > replied > post > exit.

Btw i'm Irish/British/American/Scottish/Chinese/Italian/Spanish born and bred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

An anti-Irish thread on boards, that's original:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

I have it when tools like yourself say 'mate' in an attempt to be English. Piss off and live over there then. Your an embarrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Cen92

Knackers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

owenc wrote: »
    They're accents, seen them up in bushmills today you should've heard them, first of all its not portbalintra its portbalintray... and secondly its not tree its three!

Thirdly, it's "their", not "they're" and fourthly it's "saw", not "seen".

Cen92 wrote: »
    Knackers

+5 million,dirty scourge to the nation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

Thirdly, it's "their", not "they're" and fourthly it's "saw", not "seen".

That is my local dialect so you,ll hitty respect that!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I'm sure the following issues aren't exclusive to Ireland, I'm just going to talk about what I've seen as prominent within Irish society:

People living in their ivory tower, claiming to be all for something, until the issue arrives on their front door step.

The culture of nepotism in this country, where people like to brag about how they're self made when in reality, they walked straight into a handy number from college because of the people they know. This isn't begrudging, this is about paying your dues like the rest of us "ordinary plebs".

The insincerity of some Irish people. I don't want you to be one of those rude idiots who like to think "they're telling it like it is" when in reality they're just *****. But seriously, how you can brown nose people and lie to their face while keeping a straight face is beyond me. Well done really.

People who go on about being a Sinn Fein or Fianna Fail "family" for generations and who will vote for SF or FF solely on this basis. No wonder we're ****ed more so than other countries when you have clowns like this living in Ireland.

I think that's enough for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

No matter where you are there will always be something that annoys you.

The recent phenomenon of entitlement, that you should automatically get a high paid job out of college, that just because you work somewhere for x years you should get a payrise regardless of performance, that you should automatically get a bonus every year, etc

That everything revolves around drink and getting pissed. Anytime I am back in Ireland and I ring up mates or family and suggest meeting up, 10 times out of 10 they will suggest the pub. It's as if people don't know what else to do.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

owenc wrote: »
    That is my local dialect so you,ll hitty respect that!:p

It's considered polite to use real English words on this forum so that other people can understand. If we all spoke gibberish it would just be a pointless mess of ASCII characters.
    LZ5by5 wrote: »

People living in their ivory tower, claiming to be all for something, until the issue arrives on their front door step.

The culture of nepotism in this country, where people like to brag about how they're self made when in reality, they walked straight into a handy number from college because of the people they know. This isn't begrudging, this is about paying your dues like the rest of us "ordinary plebs".

What would you do if someone showed up on your doorstop and offered you a great job? You'd be forced to refuse surely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Begrudgery
    People always talking about the weather, and never happy with it. Fúcking move away if it affects you that much.
    The obsession with the GAA, Fúcking mad men swinging sticks at each other,
    Stupid accents, like the Cork and Nornern Narnin accent,
    Why Cork people think Cork is the "real capital like"
    Farmers tans
    Knackers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What would you do if someone showed up on your doorstop and offered you a great job? You'd be forced to refuse surely?

I don't see the point in your hypothetical situation because it would never happen.

Furthermore, if in the unlikely event that it did happen, I would be humble enough not to spin yarns about being self made. I'd accept that I was very fortunate, and would focus all my energy on doing a great job to prove that I was worthy of such an opportunity.

MJ23 wrote: »
    Begrudgery
    People always talking about the weather, and never happy with it. Fúcking move away if it affects you that much.
    The obsession with the GAA, Fúcking mad men swinging sticks at each other,
    Stupid accents, like the Cork and Nornern Narnin accent,
    Why Cork people think Cork is the "real capital like"
    Farmers tans
    Knackers

OMG i'm gonna have a canary if someone says nartharn narian or norn iron again, THAT IS BELFAST we don't have that filthy accent here, i can't stick it when someone puts me under that bracket!:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

It's considered polite to use real English words on this forum so that other people can understand. If we all spoke gibberish it would just be a pointless mess of ASCII characters.

I speak normal not gibberish.:rolleyes: If i spoke gibberish how did you answer me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement