Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Horse_box wrote: »
    Thread title should be ''What do you hate about people'' because most of the stuff mentioned applies to any other country in the world

Its funny Op titled like he isnt Irish :D and lumps himself there when he is :D so he hates his family friends etc.. attitudes :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

In fairness, the OP isn't the only one by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

You we damn paddy's

The french must hate themselves too.....surely, they must, they have to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

begrudgery, self hating, cliquey/clannish/smallminded conservative types. So called banter, the craic whatever that is, the GAA, the fact that drinking seems to be the only thing to do. But if there was one thing that takes the proverbial biscuit its the smallmindedness. In addition the rampant anti intellectualism, short sightedness, insularity, I could go on and on. And I will, the music is ****, Irish people like crappy soft singer songwriter rubbish, its a continuation of the showband days and country music, Irish people like bland soft simple music, which is connected to their political apathy, theres no place for metal or progressive rock here because it would be too much for them to handle, the only good band to come out of Ireland was Thin Lizzy and most of them weren't even Irish. Irish people can't tolerate musical brilliance, like technical virtuosity, they just wanted simple ****. Also I don't like when certain Irish actors like Colm Meaney raise their voices up severa octaves when posed with a question and answer in a rhetorical tone or when politicians/guests on the vincent browne show answer in a salt of the earth fashion, this should be an intellectual discussion program, not some common sense backgarden farmers market show! There is no room for questions about football!!! I wish I was an Indian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Sergeant wrote: »
    The whole Tayto eating, Wolfe Tone "song" singing, celtic jersey wearing goon you find in Oirish bars around the world.

Cringe inducing creatures.

What's wrong with people supporting Celtic and wearing their jersey abroad?

What's wrong with people enjoying a song about Ireland's history?

God forbid people see the Irish being proud of their country abroad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭SquirrelFace

Irish people on holidays; we speak more Irish on holidays than we do in our own country, to single oursleves out as the craic-loving leprechauns from the Green Isle so people will like us when we're abroad...
    The only problem is that we allll do this, thinking we're original, forgetting that hundreds of people have done it before us so the locals in Spain etc actually know what we're talking about, which is unfortunate seeing as most of the time we use Irish as a form of morse code, thinking nobody else understands... when I was in Greece a waiter was like "You're Irish??*launches into Irish-spiel*"

Also I hate to say this but as a nation we actually don't look after our appearance. Im sorry but people walking around in pyjamas or pyjama bottoms/tracksuits etc = *shudder* I am often aware of the fact that sometimes I manage to look out of place due to the fact many people look like they have just rolled out of bed... am I the only person who still brushes their hair instead of gathering it into a pile on top of my head??And Im not just addressing a certain *type* of person.... I hate the way everything baggy and saggy and casual has taken over, seriously hoodies with trackie bottoms and Uggs, just gah!! :mad::mad::mad:

And yes, Irish through and through, to be sure to be sure..... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Whats with the GAA hate lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Irish people on holidays; we speak more Irish on holidays than we do in our own country, to single oursleves out as the craic-loving leprechauns from the Green Isle so people will like us when we're abroad...
    The only problem is that we allll do this, thinking we're original, forgetting that hundreds of people have done it before us
    Do we? News to me. Oh and most people brush their hair. The slating of Irish people's appearance doesn't have to go so far as to resort to downright lies.
    Absolutely nothing unreasonable with citizens of this country criticising aspects of it - that's the way it should be, but those who are clearly hanging their heads in shame about being Irish really should just fuk off...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

begrudgery, self hating, cliquey/clannish/smallminded conservative types. So called banter, the craic whatever that is, the GAA, the fact that drinking seems to be the only thing to do. But if there was one thing that takes the proverbial biscuit its the smallmindedness. In addition the rampant anti intellectualism, short sightedness, insularity, I could go on and on. And I will, the music is ****, Irish people like crappy soft singer songwriter rubbish, its a continuation of the showband days and country music, Irish people like bland soft simple music, which is connected to their political apathy, theres no place for metal or progressive rock here because it would be too much for them to handle, the only good band to come out of Ireland was Thin Lizzy and most of them weren't even Irish. Irish people can't tolerate musical brilliance, like technical virtuosity, they just wanted simple ****. Also I don't like when certain Irish actors like Colm Meaney raise their voices up severa octaves when posed with a question and answer in a rhetorical tone or when politicians/guests on the vincent browne show answer in a salt of the earth fashion, this should be an intellectual discussion program, not some common sense backgarden farmers market show! There is no room for questions about football!!! I wish I was an Indian.

I sense a failed creative here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭Pittens

I hate when Irish people say things like "sure everyone loves us" or "everyone wants to be Irish". No they dont and its fcukin embarrassing.

so embarrassing that nobody has ever said it ever, except ironically.

• Advertisement

I would have been crueler.

Am I the only person who wants to get his gun when he hears someone talk about "progressive" music?

And Im not just addressing a certain *type* of person.... I hate the way everything baggy and saggy and casual has taken over, seriously hoodies with trackie bottoms and Uggs, just gah!! :mad::mad::mad:

Also when someone quotes the "to be sure, to be sure" nonsense I want to get my gun.

Anyway got a link to a picture of normal Irish people in the city centre all ( or mostly) in pajamas? Any picture of Grafton street should do.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

yeah right :rolleyes: Progressive music ****in rules.

yeah right :rolleyes: Progressive music ****in rules.

Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭7Tdriver

Im not Irish i lived here for half of my life now which is 10 years now and i've visited lots of other E.U coutries is well and i dont think you can judge anyone on their nationality theres all kinds of people in every single coutrie in the world. This thread is a bit pointles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

The only problem is that we allll do this, thinking we're original, forgetting that hundreds of people have done it before us so the locals in Spain etc actually know what we're talking about, which is unfortunate seeing as most of the time we use Irish as a form of morse code, thinking nobody else understands... when I was in Greece a waiter was like "You're Irish??*launches into Irish-spiel*"

Also I hate to say this but as a nation we actually don't look after our appearance. Im sorry but people walking around in pyjamas or pyjama bottoms/tracksuits etc = *shudder* I am often aware of the fact that sometimes I manage to look out of place due to the fact many people look like they have just rolled out of bed... am I the only person who still brushes their hair instead of gathering it into a pile on top of my head??And Im not just addressing a certain *type* of person.... I hate the way everything baggy and saggy and casual has taken over, seriously hoodies with trackie bottoms and Uggs, just gah!! :mad::mad::mad:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/04/15/article-1266245-092568CE000005DC-238_468x443.jpg

in a club http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:XiHEqz-7erTehM:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/SnowBoardMag/block/IMG_4394.jpg&t=1

Brazilians wearing out pjs http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mHq6nn9UwQSdtM:http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/SnowBoardMag/block/IMG_4402.jpg&t=1

In italy wearing pjs out. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_N2wMA0GRDk0/RsUFktgfMaI/AAAAAAAAAkU/H4heWR7E7Mk/s400/Maddy+005.jpg

So very Irish isnt it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

Pittens wrote: »
    I would have been crueler.

Am I the only person who wants to get his gun when he hears someone talk about "progressive" music?

Well, to be sure, to be sure I would say life has already been cruel enough to him/her, Begorrah and Top O' the Marnin to ye. I hope the soft day out there is suitin' ye.

begrudgery, self hating, cliquey/clannish/smallminded conservative types. So called banter, the craic whatever that is, the GAA, the fact that drinking seems to be the only thing to do. .

indeed. Although were I you I would have written this:
    begrudgery, self hating, *** like me for instance*** because I hate so called banter, the craic whatever that is, the GAA, the fact that drinking seems to be the only thing to do. .

And what is it with the hatred of the GAA. I love watching Cricket, Rugby, and Hurling in that order ( Gaelic Football and Soccer I can take or leave). Clearly the only reason to hate a sport which is unique to Ireland is it's precisely it's uniqueness. It is a form of small-mindness in itself to hate the organisation, or the sport - unless you hate all sports - which at least is a bit more common.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Why don't we play croquet? Supposed to have been invented here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,545 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

Complaining about "those bastards" in Leinster house(which you voted for) for the duration of their tenure in office and then voting them in again at the next election because your family has always voted for them.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭CCCP

I am Irish and a citizen of the world :)
    I love the Irish.
    I dont like the Irish racists complaining about Other nationalities living here.
    I dont like SCANGERS of which there are an ABUNDANCE in this country.
    I HATE the CLUB AND BOOZE SCENE
    I HATE the fact that there are so many psycho coke heads
    I hate the fact that we have so many murderers and hard drug dealers in this country, round em up and shoot them.
    I hate the fact that young children in my area say such words as C*NT which is just appaling paranting really..

Other countries have these problems too of course. Were very lucky to live in such a wonderful place despite the above comments.

Dudess wrote: »

Begrudgery isn't exclusive to Ireland and sometimes people dislike successful people not because they are successful but because they are kunts.

Loving your work dudeass, :D:D:D snorted my tea out my nose when I read that, just tickled my funny bone ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

A picture is worth a thousand words.
    In this case it sums up the last page.

Bam.

Terry wrote: »
    A picture is worth a thousand words.
    In this case it sums up the last page.

Bam.

OH DEAR GOD YOUR RIGHT!:eek:
    what have I become!
    I have become the thing I hate the most..... I have become...........emo:(

well not on my watch! time to go rob a car and straighten myself out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BenK

I am really confused by the GAA hatred, it's bizarre. This thread is like car crash television, I know I should really stop watching but I can't...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Pittens wrote: »
    And what is it with the hatred of the GAA. I love watching Cricket, Rugby, and Hurling in that order ( Gaelic Football and Soccer I can take or leave). Clearly the only reason to hate a sport which is unique to Ireland is it's precisely it's uniqueness. It is a form of small-mindness in itself to hate the organisation, or the sport - unless you hate all sports - which at least is a bit more common.

the reason for the hatred is pretty simple. pure jealousy from supporters of other codes who can't fathom how people like football and hurling as opposed to their sport and how it takes away potential players of their code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Nolanger wrote: »
    Why don't we play croquet? Supposed to have been invented here.

do you really need to ask that question?

the game is synonymous with landlords and royalty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭D.R cowboy

ColeTrain wrote: »
    What's wrong with people supporting Celtic and wearing their jersey abroad?

Anyone how wears a Celtic is a scumbag, who sells drugs to support his 10 children , who also wear celtic jerseys and tell everyone there dad is in the IRA:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

aDeener wrote: »
    do you really need to ask that question?

the game is synonymous with landlords and royalty

And John Prescott.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement