Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When we say 'proud to be Irish'. Being proud is something you achieve yourself not what you're given ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

owenc wrote: »
    You really wouldn't

I actually really would. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

the underclass who resent anything those of us who are well off have.

i also hate the povs who support english soccer. it just looks embarassing to me.

i hate the mindset of those who follow gaa religiously

That's like, a load of like, nonsense. Like focking hell mate, there's a soccer club in like Clontarf, explain that? Becuse there's no like, povs there I assure you like.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,524 ✭✭✭owenc

suomi wrote: »
    I actually really would. :P

Not really, were are you from what country.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,171 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I hate the way everyone assumes that being irish means you are a drunk. . .

You mean you're sober? Shun the freak!! It's sunday for crying out loud *hiccup*:pac:

• Advertisement

Not really, were are you from what country.

Finland. And I really would rather be Irish than Finnish. You people need to stop being so modest, there's nothing wrong with being Irish. ;) And Irish people are definitely not ugly. :eek:

Finland. And I really would rather be Irish than Finnish. You people need to stop being so modest, there's nothing wrong with being Irish. ;) And Irish people are definitely not ugly. :eek:

Ok whatever, the lucky thing about you is you get alot of cold weather.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

People making all these comments against Irish people = Irish people (and obviously utter rides despite their claims that Irish people are ugly) but anyway... I hate the constant whinges of "we're begrudgers" for stuff that isn't even begrudgery a lot of the time. I hate the inferiority complex. I hate the "800 years" nutjobbery.
    I hate when Irish people say things like "sure everyone loves us" or "everyone wants to be Irish". No they dont and its fcukin embarrassing.
    Yep, the constant fishing for compliments! You see it all the time in TV interviews of foreign stars: 'how are you enjoying Ireland?/ what do you think of Ireland?'

The person is forced into some trite compliment.

Cringe!
    Yeah it is cringey but there are also lots and lots of people who whinge about how sh1t we are so I guess the two cancel each other out?
    also, i hate that we are a nation of joe duffy calling, bleeding hearts
    That's called an oxymoron.
    You really wouldn't
    Oh fuk off to some irony-free teenage forum...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

:eek: Since when did yous say craic! That would sound funny in an irish accent.

Have you never met an irish person before??

Ok whatever, the lucky thing about you is you get alot of cold weather.;)

Cold? It's been about +28 C and sunny for the past three weeks. Last Thursday it was +34 C. I don't know what you consider cold but that's definitely not cold by our standards. ;)

• Advertisement

Cold? It's been about +28 C and sunny for the past three weeks. Last Thursday it was +34 C. I don't know what you consider cold but that's definitely not cold by our standards. ;)

In winter i mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Devil08

the underclass who resent anything those of us who are well off have.

i also hate the povs who support english soccer. it just looks embarassing to me.

i hate the mindset of those who follow gaa religiously

Youre a deluded little fool

changes wrote: »
    Have you never met an irish person before??

obviously lol... i just that was a northern ireland thing

Dudess wrote: »
    People making all these comments against Irish people = Irish people (and obviously utter rides despite their claims that Irish people are ugly) but anyway... I hate the constant whinges of "we're begrudgers" for stuff that isn't even begrudgery a lot of the time. I hate the inferiority complex. I hate the "800 years" nutjobbery.

Yeah it is cringey but there are also lots and lots of people who whinge about how sh1t we are so I guess the two cancel each other out?

That's called an oxymoron.

Oh fuk off to some irony-free teenage forum...

Whatever i'm not letting you ruin my day, get off my back and go and cheer up. I have to listen to teenagers run me down i don't want to come here and listen to it from someone who is obviously in a bad mood.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

They're accents, seen them up in bushmills today you should've heard them, first of all its not portbalintra its portbalintray... and secondly its not tree its three!

yeah well its three not 'free'. we get closer to sayin it right than ye

yeah well its three not 'free'. we get closer to sayin it right than ye

I don't say free i say three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

making annoying fuckin generalisations like hating something [a race even] because they think everybody is the same - GET OUT MORE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I have to listen to teenagers run me down i don't want to come here and listen to it from someone who is obviously in a bad mood.
    I'm usually in a good mood til I read your posts...

Dudess wrote: »
    I'm usually in a good mood til I read your posts...

Gimme head peace, i'm not getting depressed over you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

The way some people still think sex is bad and taboo,sure you should never talk about sex..:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

The Derailment stops here. Infractions and bans will follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I don't say free i say three.

and I don't say tree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

I find irish people have no ability to bring a problem with someone up face to face.
    They are far more likely to bitch behind backs then smile to the persons face.... but the worst part is they like to think they are straight talkers and tell it like it is - BS!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

Finnish people go up my list :cool:

Only thing to hate as you can see is Irish hating who they are where they come from.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sergeant wrote: »
    The whole Tayto eating, Wolfe Tone "song" singing, celtic jersey wearing goon you find in Oirish bars around the world.

Cringe inducing creatures.

I hate that myself, but it's hardly exclusive to Irish people. I've been in English and German themed bars abroad and you get the same thing.. well the equivalent thing.

If there's a hub for people of a certain nationality to gather then you can expect all sorts of people of that nationality to do so, and act just the same as they would at home.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

our hypocrisy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

caseyann wrote: »
    Finnish people go up my list :cool:

Only thing to hate as you can see is Irish hating who they are where they come from.

So you do hate something about us :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭paky

i hate the way irish people exaggerate there accents when abroad or when even in the north. its so sad and pathetic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

OPENROAD wrote: »
    So you do hate something about us :)

Nope thats not as Irish people ;) thats as people :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Irish play football by hands. GAA as a whole.
    Americans play "football" with their hands too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement