Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do you hate about Irish people

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Begrudgery
    Procrastination
    Bad drivers
    Cute snakey overpaid politicians
    Guinness farts

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eastside

Anyone who does well for themselves "would do well to remember where they came from". Also along this line, the whole "who do they think they are?" because someone can afford to drive a nice car or enjoys a nice holiday every year. Why shouldn't they enjoy some benefits of hard work/making something of themselves?
    Funny thing is, most of the begrudging comes from the devout catholic who has just spent the last 3 days reciting the rosary. I know this from having worked with the likes years ago and when I left to take up a better job I was the worst in the world for wanting a better life.
    Also a real personal hate, the way many Irish people treat their animals, dogs in particular! People think you are mentally handicapped of you talk about your dog and show the slightest bit of compassion for the animal, friends of mine get a great kick out of my love for my two dogs and the fact they actually have dog beds in the house, the likes of it were never heard of!!!!
    The whole drink culture, iv noticed (as an occasional drinker), when I'm out with friends and they meet someone they know and introduce me, it's this is our friend..... He doesn't really drink, using that lower tone that makes it sound like it's a disease or something. At least my Sundays aren't spent in bed or on the couch dying sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I agree about the way some people keep their dogs. I'm from London, and NOBODY would dream of keeping their dogs outside. The RSPCA would be round so quick your head would spin! Not to mention the fact that junkies are dognapping for large ransoms...

I had friends over from London recently. I had to physically restrain my friend from taking my neighbours to task about the fact they keep their dog outside in all weathers without a kennel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Probably has been said.

Clapping when a plane lands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

I don't like the self hatred some irish people seem to have here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

seanbmc wrote: »
    Probably has been said.

Clapping when a plane lands.

Seems to be more an Eastern/Central Europe thing as far as I can see. It's definitely not exclusively Irish.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

irsh people that dont think iirish are the best

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Believing that everyone loves us and that we're great "craic".....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Cork and it's pretentious people. Sersiously, what the fcuk do they have that they are so uptight and self righteous about. God's fcuking gift to Ireland or so they think.

I've lived there for 7 years now and can't say that is true any more so then it is anywhere else. For every one person in peoples republic t shirt you will get at least one who thinks it's completely cringe worthy and you will have the overwhelming majority who don't give a toss at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭DonLimon

I hate that 'we're broke what's the point' attitude that's been going around since the tiger died, whingers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DannyLiz

I'd say half these posts are from people who aren't even Irish. And if it is your country, have some pride. There's people in every country who mess things up but blaming a whole country over a crowd of troublemakers is truly pathetic. You all complain of how people always think of the stereo type Irish. Well you's are only encouraging it! If you hate Ireland so much, go. Go find another country.
    And if your not even Irish, then go complain of your own country, because Ireland is certainly not the world's worst country. And the people aren't either. Also, making a whole forum just to complain ? Dear lord... Have you's nothing better to do ??

I agree about the way some people keep their dogs. I'm from London, and NOBODY would dream of keeping their dogs outside. The RSPCA would be round so quick your head would spin! Not to mention the fact that junkies are dognapping for large ransoms...

I had friends over from London recently. I had to physically restrain my friend from taking my neighbours to task about the fact they keep their dog outside in all weathers without a kennel.

Sorry we don't treat our pets like the bloody queen. Dogs are perfectly fine if they have a large garden to roam, a kennel, food and water, daily walks, regular grooming and love. They don't need to be kept inside, or have woolly little jumpers, they're animals, not children.

Eastside wrote: »
    Anyone who does well for themselves "would do well to remember where they came from". Also along this line, the whole "who do they think they are?" because someone can afford to drive a nice car or enjoys a nice holiday every year. Why shouldn't they enjoy some benefits of hard work/making something of themselves?
    Funny thing is, most of the begrudging comes from the devout catholic who has just spent the last 3 days reciting the rosary. I know this from having worked with the likes years ago and when I left to take up a better job I was the worst in the world for wanting a better life.
    Also a real personal hate, the way many Irish people treat their animals, dogs in particular! People think you are mentally handicapped of you talk about your dog and show the slightest bit of compassion for the animal, friends of mine get a great kick out of my love for my two dogs and the fact they actually have dog beds in the house, the likes of it were never heard of!!!!
    The whole drink culture, iv noticed (as an occasional drinker), when I'm out with friends and they meet someone they know and introduce me, it's this is our friend..... He doesn't really drink, using that lower tone that makes it sound like it's a disease or something. At least my Sundays aren't spent in bed or on the couch dying sick.
    Guess your English, eh ?

49 pages of hate ? You sad sad people.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

DannyLiz wrote: »

Welcome to the internet :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

I'd say half these posts are from people who aren't even Irish. And if it is your country, have some pride. There's people in every country who mess things up but blaming a whole country over a crowd of troublemakers is truly pathetic. You all complain of how people always think of the stereo type Irish. Well you's are only encouraging it! If you hate Ireland so much, go. Go find another country.
    And if your not even Irish, then go complain of your own country, because Ireland is certainly not the world's worst country. And the people aren't either. Also, making a whole forum just to complain ? Dear lord... Have you's nothing better to do ??

Great first post, welcome aboard.
    Your first faltering steps, heaven forfend when you hit your stride!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

I don't really hate anyone or anything but I do find tiresome the uberpatriots who get all jumpy if you dare point out things about the country that annoy you.It's like "how dare you" "self loather" "get a life" "you must be British" etc etc ad nauseum.If we're playing the patriotism game, I reckon the most patriotic thing a person can do is question the negative aspects of their nation and find out why it happens and how to avoid it or fix it.Uberpats. Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭hobochris

The "sure what can I do" attitude to problems and issues. How about try to fix or resolve the problem?

The "feck you as long as I am aright" mentality and the Parish pump politics also drive me insane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Sorry we don't treat our pets like the bloody queen. Dogs are perfectly fine if they have a large garden to roam, a kennel, food and water, daily walks, regular grooming and love. They don't need to be kept inside, or have woolly little jumpers, they're animals, not children.

I disagree. Did you read my post properly?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

How dare you suggest that we keep our children in kennels.
    Shame on you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

No-one made a whole forum to complain. Saying half the people complaining are foreign is almost racist and kinda blinkered.

I'm irish and I'm stuck here. It's probably one of the best places to live. I mean look at some of the ****e holes out there. Would anyone in their right mind want to live in Chad?
    It doesn't mean I can't say a single negative thing about the country. If you want that kind of slavish devotion, go live in the bible belt where they deify any republican president and see and type of dissension as criminal.

Me I live in a country that has loads wrong with it and loads wrong with it's people and I'm allowed say so. So feck off.
    What i really hate about this country are the pretentious holier-than-thou fcuks who think they can look down on anyone who disagrees.

And Cork people.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

I'd say half these posts are from people who aren't even Irish.

i'd put money on it. it also goes on offline, any little excuse to pass remarks.
    "eh hey why is it like this? how come you don't have this here? back home we have this?" lol yea yea sure you do, which is why you're here right?

to be quite honest, all it is, is an underlying sick illness called jealousy. the spite, the constant fear that we're earning more than them for apparently doing the same work regardless if their experience is possibly flawed on the good old cv of lies, but hey he who undercuts to get the job shouldn't come crying later that they're not earning enough! you dig your own hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Grayson wrote: »
    Would anyone in their right mind want to live in Chad?

And Cork people.

oh the racism tonight, or is it? oh it is, or is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

I love everyone!

C'mon - give us a hug :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I don't get nationalism at all.

How can one be proud of something they simply became a part of because for some reason they were born in that particular country.
    For all it could be, you could be born in another part of the world and then you would be proud to be British, German, Russian, Chinese, Nigerian whatever.

One may be proud of winning a Gold medal at the Olympics or getting 600 points in the leaving cert or working to feed the poor, achievements that required you to work hard at a particular thing to become successful.
    But how can you be proud of simply being Irish? Something you did absolutely nothing for other than winning the genetic lottery to be born in a wealthy first world country. And same goes for any other nationality in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I just like moaning and giving out, it makes me feel better about things. It's probably some form of undiagnosed mental disorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,181 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

VEN wrote: »
    oh the racism tonight, or is it? oh it is, or is it?

Who knows?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv6IWX1_XHQ

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eastside

Guess your English, eh ?
    Nope I'm Irish! Just pointing out some of the negatives that iv come across in this country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

if it is your country, have some pride. There's people in every country who mess things up but blaming a whole country over a crowd of troublemakers is truly pathetic. You all complain of how people always think of the stereo type Irish. Well you's are only encouraging it!
    Oh you can be sure the Irish people who bitch about Irish people aren't including themselves - because they're superior don't ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

VEN wrote: »
    i'd put money on it. it also goes on offline, any little excuse to pass remarks.
    "eh hey why is it like this? how come you don't have this here? back home we have this?" lol yea yea sure you do, which is why you're here right?

to be quite honest, all it is, is an underlying sick illness called jealousy. the spite, the constant fear that we're earning more than them for apparently doing the same work regardless if their experience is possibly flawed on the good old cv of lies, but hey he who undercuts to get the job shouldn't come crying later that they're not earning enough! you dig your own hole.

Indeed you do :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement