Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Azza wrote: »
    Any of you guys planning to pre-order this from Gamesnash?

If they're stocking it, I'll order it from them.

IF they're stocking it...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

late on this one, but costume swap looks like a laugh
    system_costume13.jpg
    system_costume05.jpg

whats the EU release date?

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

March 9th

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 2,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rob2D

Am I right in saying we won't be getting the Special Edition over here? I can't seem to find it anywhere. My mate in Gamestop said they're not getting it and neither Amazon or Shopto are listing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ar, one of my friends said GAME told him to order it from the GAME website because the shops aren't getting it. (Nice of the them to have all those ads in the stores for something they don't stock)

I haven't asked myself so I'm not 100% on this.

• Advertisement

You're not wrong Sairus. Had to do some digging but found it listed way down in the coming soon section:

http://www.game.co.uk/en/streetfighter-x-tekken-special-edition-160753?pageSize=20&categoryIdentifier=200105&attributeName1=Catalog_GameSalesCatalog_EN_GB&attributeValue1=4294965669

Strange that they should have it and nobody else. They could turn around on release day and say they didn't get it after all. Dunno if I should place an order or not.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Doesn't help that I've being hearing that GAME having being in a spot of financial bother lately.

I want to pre-order soon myself, the special edition if possible as well but right now, I can't trust GAME because if they go belly up before March 9th, I might end up losing my money!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Generally something only being available in GAMEs online store is an indication that they don't have faith it will actually sell, and they didn't want to order many copies from the publisher.

This was the case with Nintendo's Face Training. (Yes, this is a thing that exists.)

So they might be shying away from the special edition because of low expectations, or because the aforementioned financial troubles, and not wanting to have larger than normal boxes taking up stockroom space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Sairus wrote: »
    Ar, one of my friends said GAME told him to order it from the GAME website because the shops aren't getting it. (Nice of the them to have all those ads in the stores for something they don't stock)

I haven't asked myself so I'm not 100% on this.

I tried to order the MK special edition last year but a few days before it set to be released they emailed me saying they couldn't ship it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

holy ****, 60 pounds, **** that !

how much are gem packs separate ? will people be buying those ? or are they going to be boycotted for pro play etc?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Gamesnash are taking pre-oders with some delicious pre order goodies!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056542481

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

I just want the Arcade Cabinet piggy bank!

I too would like to own this delightful change conveyance and the comic book would have been cool too.

But it looks like we're stuck with the regular edition over here. I don't trust GAME to get it in. And even if they did get it, you'd still have to wait an extra week for delivery.

However, if anyone is getting it on PS3, they could just import. PS3 is region free right?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mscupcakes

I've already preordered the special edition from Game, so we'll see how it goes!

Godspeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TheMightyTM

Anyone see the Fingercramp stream last night?

So many timeouts, from what I saw unless people were playing serious rushdown it was rare enough someone actually got KO'd.

That'll probably change as people get used to the pace and stop playing it like Street Fighter IV I guess, pretty excited to see if this is gonna be a serious tournament game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye loads of timeouts on the stream last night. That will probably change when it comes out. As far as I can remember mvc had loads of timeouts at preview events too. It will probably change as people learn the most damaging combos, lots of baby combos and people dropping stuff last night. The game looks really fun though.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Lots of time outs....this game just keeps getting better and better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

This game looks more crazy every time I see it.

Watched a lot of the WNF stream last night and even Seth Killian had trouble keeping up with the various system mechanics.

Coolest/maybe broken thing was the pseudo FADC you can perform by cancelling a normal to the characters charge special then cancelling that to a dash.

Ryu cancelling sweep to dash in or back looked scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sounds retarded complicated.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Sounds retarded complicated.

Must be the Tekken influence.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭ogiekeaney

game looking real fun.

yeah ryu looks pretty dangerous.
    mp, mp, sweep cancelled into fireball, cancelled into dash into mixup. ****s gonna be crazy

rolento looks fun and the tekken characters (seen on wnf) looked really strong.

why no blanka though ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Just letting people know that Game is getting the special edition in. Just preordered it in Tallaght.

I have decided I'm not getting this. Going to take a break from fighting games (except Skullgirls :D) for a while.

From what I played at Cannes it was loads of fun. Really simple and maleable, the team mode was fun and Vega's got ridiculous range on his air grab. What's not to like?

Also, all you throw happy players (I'm looking at you, Cork) are in for a slap in the face when you see the new standing throw range in SFxT. You have to be making out with the opponent before you can throw em.

Also also, triangle motion ultras are now just charge Down, Up + buttons and Sonic Hurricane is Back, Forward + buttons.

Apparently some Koreans were demoing 70% combos using Pandora and Pandora orientated gems. Let's see how long before we get to 100%.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Ps vita version sounds verry classy and dignified.

Screw Attack just posted a list of supposed DLC for SFxT.
    There's no timescale with this list, and it hasn't been confirmed yet.
    • New Challengers Pack – $7.99, Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.
    "Guy, Cody, Dudley, Elena, Sakura and Blanka join the Street Fighter cast, while the Tekken side gains Alisa Bosconovitch, Bryan Fury, Christie Monteiro, Jack, Lars Alexandersson and Lei Wulong. "

19 Vita exclusive characters. What the ****.

That's at least two packs of DLC characters for the home consoles since Alisa, Christie, Cody and Guy were leaked for one DLC pack. Sounds like it could be 3 packs if they're putting four in each.

Taking that leaked list as fact, $8 per character pack, $24 for the 12 Vita exclusives. Roughly €18.

The game is coming out at about the €60 mark, plus €18 for the full character roster... I know I'd already decided above to not buy this game before I heard about the Vita exclusives, but seriously, **** this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I wont be touching it til there's a srs price drop. Unless it really catches me in casuals, like marvel did.

Advertisement