Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Wooo Asuka

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

jivpN.jpg

M. Bison and Ling Xiaoyu got leaked out by the image, which was uploaded on XBL Marketplace.

Well, that's my day 1 team sorted. :pac:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Man this game looks brilliant all of a sudden. Gems for life!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

I dunno man, that looks like a grab of Bisons ultra startup where he does the cutthroat motion.

Capcom do seem to be using random model shots for those portraits though, so it could be legit, hard to imagine he wouldn't be in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Well FINALLY, new character reveals and all that jazz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

wooo Juri. pity gems are still in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Yes. Paul Phoenix is in. I can have my Judo based MMA fighters team of Paul and Abel. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

All these really nice trailers just make it all the more disappointing that they're running this game into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

All these really nice trailers just make it all the more disappointing that they're running this game into the ground.

Ah come on... they are not

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Ah come on... they are not

I agree, the trailers aren't that nice

(;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Some 2v2 action scramble battle action

Hype match 1

Hype match part 2/

This game gets more and more hype by the day! Listen out for the hysterics in the background, aka Ono manic laughing for epic experience.

No cat can tame a tiger!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,704 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Monkeyto wrote: »
    Some 2v2 action scramble battle action

Hype match 1

Hype match part 2/

This game gets more and more hype by the day! Listen out for the hysterics in the background, aka Ono manic laughing for epic experience.

No cat can tame a tiger!
    que.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Ono's laughter in the background pisses me off the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Best mode ever

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

This game initially looked great, then questionable, then awful, now it seems like some kind of a abominable combination of all three :pac:

Can't see myself playing it seriously in any way but looks like it might be a laugh anyway.

bush wrote: »
    Best mode ever

It'd certainly help speed up team tournaments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Dudley rumoured to be in this.

I hope it adds some much needed class and dignity to this game.

And finally the practical use of Pandora is revealed

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/jan/19/capcom-jp-blog-recommends-gem-selections-and-shows-them-action/

The pandora only gems look like they'll boost you to almost XFC levels of strength, if you assign all your gems to it, with the huge caveat of dying after 10 seconds of course.

This is the first news I am not so negative of in ages. As comeback mechanics go, this could be pretty hype- a ten second "last gasp" instead of the impossible task of blocking x factor for 25 seconds or having to change your game plan for the entire period your opponent has ultra stocked (which is usually the entire round if you manage to not give an opening).

This also has the added bonus of your character not flashing like a numpty unless you pop pandora.

This game looked better when Pandora was crap, now you can combo into Pandora and do 70% damage combo because YOU got your ass kicked. Just another negative for the game for me.

Comeback mechanics are in pretty much every fighting game now, what did you expect?

• Advertisement

Comeback mechanics are in pretty much every fighting game now, what did you expect?

In early builds of the game you couldnt cancel into Pandora from anything and it didnt look like it was worth the risk. Now that you can combo into it, there's almost zero risk, you just have to be smart about how you use it.

Also there arent that many fighting games with comeback mechanics and even if there were, it doesnt make it any better that these new games have comeback mechanics that can become such a big factor.

Ah I understand that comebacks are frustrating from a competitive point of view. But from a casual players perspective it makes the game a whole lot more fun!

And since most people on this forum seem to hate the game I'm surprised you care since it means you will all just be playing it casually :p

No offence intended! Sorry if I sound rude here :cool:

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Well in SF4 people stopped complaining about Ultra's being a comeback mechanic after they toned them down damage wise in Super.

I'm with holding judgement on the game till I get to play it.
    My only issue with it so far (besides Guile being in it) is the possibility that you will be forced to pay for DLC Gems if you want to play competitively.

Capcom claim that the collectors edition/pre-order exclusive DLC will not offer a gameplay advantage but this remains to be seen.

I don't have an issue with the concept of Gems, its just a concern about not having a level playing field for everyone and a general dislike of how Capcom (and alot of other companies) are handling DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

And since most people on this forum seem to hate the game I'm surprised you care since it means you will all just be playing it casually :p

Everyone that's ragging on it wants it to be a good game though, it's not just complaining for the sake of it. We'd all love if it was a great game and really good competitively, but pretty much everything about it that's released seems to indicate otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

And since most people on this forum seem to hate the game I

I think its gonna be the best game ever

Ah no I know people only complain about these things because they want the game to be good. I hope it is too!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Post launch patch might streamline the gem system:
    “We know a lot of players are worried that with the gem system tournaments will be harder to run,” Street Fighter producer Yoshinori Ono told Eurogamer.
    “We know they take a lot of time. A lot of players were saying, ‘I have to do button checks. Do I have to do a gem check now before a match?’ With regards to that we plan to release a free post-launch tournament support mode.”Capcom hopes to release the tournament support mode as quickly as possible. “Hopefully it will alleviate a lot of the concerns the community has,” Ono said.

No details on what's actually in the patch. I'm curious to see how awkward it is to assign gems during matches to begin with, and what this patch will actually do to sort that out.

Maybe it'll allow you to preassign a few dozen gem setups or some such. I can't see them outright removing gems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Sairus wrote: »
    Post launch patch might streamline the gem system:

No details on what's actually in the patch. I'm curious to see how awkward it is to assign gems during matches to begin with, and what this patch will actually do to sort that out.

Maybe it'll allow you to preassign a few dozen gem setups or some such. I can't see them outright removing gems.

Or maybe it'll be a gem that picks your other gems for you :pac:

I can't see anything they can really do to make easier on tournaments without having a gemless mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Oh **** it,
    I'm sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

I can't imagine it would be difficult to do a "non gem mode"
    I remember Street fighter alpha 3 you could do a sort of character development mode, where you turn your player into an unbalanced god.

but the "serious" part of the game, i.e. the straight up vs, was always there.
    They're surly not going to **** that up. Even SC as Banjacksed as it is, always has a "normal" mode aswell as the sexy "super bonus please like the game please, look how interesting it is with all the different stats" mode

Advertisement