Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Don't see why people would complain about how they are handling Marvel.

Frankly I don't care about characters exclusives, I think they detract from the game not add to it. Besides they will be tourney banned if the game takes off.

Gems remains to be seen.

PC stuff has generally been good coming from Capcom, but 2012 patch has been slow alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Please go on. Especially about Marve 3.

Good job picking out a typo, makes me look really dumb, thus warranting my arguement void, right? Basically they brought a new edition of the game out eleven months after the original, and it was just character balancing and what should have been dlc characters, which they charged full price for. I've heard people arguement "Well Jill and Shuma were five quid each, and 5*12 is 60, so you're getting a good deal". Well how many characters did the original have? Capcom either brought out an unfinished game and then tried to rip us off, or just tried to rip us off. Surely you guys must be aware of this, having purchased it. And how have they been good to PC? No Super, having to pay full price for AE, no patch, not Asura's Wrath, No Steel Battalion. Yeah, sure, they realised some stuff in 2011, Resident Evil 5, Dark Void, DmC4, but they were all pretty brutal ports, not optimised for PC at all. I'm sorry this post was so long, and I won't take away from what is supposed to be a SxT thread again, but Capcom is just really pissing me off lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

While I agree with your general sentiment of Capcom being dicks and as much as I hated buying another disk so soon, if they had made all those characters DLC you would have been paying a hell of a lot more for the full set.

UMvC3 wasn't a fully priced game. I seen it in stores selling from between €29.99 and €34.99. It had 10 new characters, new stages, new music, new modes and the orginal characters where rebalanced. The 2 DLC characters and DLC costumes carry over.

Its been well received by the competitive community as an improvement over the orginal. I can understand that a causal player might see the quick turnaround (usually fast) as milking the series.

The more hardcore fans of fighting games expect regular update more so than fans of other genres, as it was the norm established from the arcade scene many years ago.

The reason Super was not developed for PC was due to the lack of an Arcade version which is much easier and cheaper for Capcom to port over. While a PC port of Super probably would of made them a small profit, they probably decided that the resources needed to develop it where best used to makiesomething more profitable. Once an Arcade version showed up we got the PC port.

The PC patch for 2012 has been slow but we are getting it next month.

As for other games not coming to PC, Capcom are expanding into the PC market, its still small for them but they have improved significantly over the last year or two. We are getting SFxT and RE6 on PC. Do you knock every game developer who doesn't release a PC version of a game? It is a much smaller market than consoles (outside of casual games, RTS and MMO's)

Also the 2 games you mentioned, as not coming to PC are not Capcom developed games. They are merely the publisher.

RE 5 was released in 2012 and was an excellent port, ran very well for me.
    DMC 4 was also an excellent port, again running very well for me. They where very well optimized.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Screw Attack just posted a list of supposed DLC for SFxT.
    There's no timescale with this list, and it hasn't been confirmed yet.
    • Boost Gem Pack 1 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
    • Boost Gem Pack 2 – $2.99, Includes 9 new gems to equip to your characters.
    • Color Edit Pack 1 – FREE, Includes 4 new colors to use in the Color Edit mode.
    • Costume Swap S Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Street Fighter characters, based on a Tekken character.
    • Costume Swap T Pack – $9.99, Includes a new costume for each of the Tekken characters, based on a Street Fighter character.
    • Costume Swap X Pack – $15.99, A combination of the S Pack and T Pack – Includes new costumes for each character, based on characters from the opposite series.
    • New Challengers Pack – $7.99, Adds 4 new characters to the game: Cody, Guy, Christie and Leo.
    • X Unlocker – $4.99, Unlocks two secret characters, Akuma and Ogre, as well as all additional character colors and special modes without having to perform the in-game tasks to unlock them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

DLC characters before the game is even out? Stay classy capcom!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

If this is true I am buying exactly none of this. :)

And according to the ESRB Alisa might be making the cut:
    Players punch, kick, and use special attacks (e.g., energy blasts, fireballs, electrical strikes) to deplete opponents’ life meters. Some fighters also use laser swords, chainsaws, metal claws, or explosives to knock characters across the screen or to the ground.
    If this is true I am buying exactly none of this. :)
    What's wrong with $55 dollars worth of DLC before the game is even released? You must be too cheap for gaming or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Its understandable why everyones putting on their hipster cap for this, but look at Mortal Kombat ? the big bucks will come on rolling for Capcom,

tumblr_lq2ukhiz801qz7f9to1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭J0hnick

Ive mained Guy since SSF4, with all the gem crap and the announcement of 5 PS3 exclusive characters, Ive become less and less enthusiastic about this game. Guy potentially being part of the roster gave me a glimmer of hope, but if I have to pay extra for him then... oh well .... more time to play Mass Effect 3 I guess (nice release date their Capcom).

Seriously, I'm weighing up the pros and cons of getting this game on 360 compared to PS3 just like I did for MK9.

1. Better Online
    2. Way more friends who like fighting games on XBL friends list then PSN.
    3. No need to worry about wasting my time learning matchups for exclusive characters who are never going to be used in a real tournament.

But as much as I love fighting games, releasing the game the same day as Mass Effect 3 ?, you couldn't get me to play the game if you gave it to me for free! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Placebo wrote: »
    Its understandable why everyones putting on their hipster cap for this, but look at Mortal Kombat ? the big bucks will come on rolling for Capcom,

tumblr_lq2ukhiz801qz7f9to1_500.jpg
    FAIL farz.

The Lamborghini Countach came out in 1974 (although it was on sale until 1990) and looks like THIS:
    picture.php?albumid=534&pictureid=2768

Your picture is a Lamborghini Gallardo.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    You're both lame. Get back to talking about cool stuff like why Ryu is better than Kazuya.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

FAIL farz.

The Lamborghini Countach came out in 1974 (although it was on sale until 1990) and looks like THIS:

FAIL kiki.

The Countach was indeed produced in 1985.
    Also he is asking for a white lamborghini, the car in the picture is orange, it is quite clear he is not referring to it.

lamborghini-countach-lp400-s.jpg

Your picture is not a white Lamborghini Countach.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sairus wrote: »
    You're both lame. Get back to talking about cool stuff like why Ryu is better than Kazuya.
    >implying Ryu is better than Kazuya
    >forgetting Jin is better than both

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

3aa647a85ac4f8ccf161d50ee87bed2c.jpg?v=202200

Hmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭albel nox

I think its Karin.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

albel nox wrote: »
    I think its Karin.
    Karin was blonde.
    It's Juri. She was in that video on the previous page, on a team with Ryu.
    charjuri.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Mellor wrote: »
    Karin was blonde.
    It's Juri. She was in that video on the previous page, on a team with Ryu.

Yeah i was on about the figure behind juri...and it was meant to be a joke...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,161 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Ah right. Missed the joke. I wouldn't know much about SF, haven't played any of the games since the classic days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah i was on about the figure behind juri...and it was meant to be a joke...

If it helps I thought it was funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

For some reason I've gone full circle with this. I'm back to being excited about it.

Sadly it seems none of the characters I wanted in have made it(yet).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'll probably buy this on lauch, but will trade UMVC3 in as a sort of protest against Capcom. Take THAT!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'll probably buy this on lauch, but will trade UMVC3 in as a sort of protest against Capcom. Take THAT!

Really? cuz thats such a good Phoenix Wright quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

FutureGuy wrote: »

No preorder, no gems, no DLC, NO HOPE! TAKE THAT!

*Capcom explodes and takes 600k unscaled*

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

http://www.capcom-unity.com/knuxpyro56/blog/2011/11/27/sfxt_leaked_list

Full list for anyone who hasnt seen it, not a lot left though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

FAIL farz.

don't be dissing Sideswipe. :D

All my faves are in now. I can't wait to see Dudley. This games needs some dignity. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I think its Karin.

I read this without reading above post...

:(

http://gnn.gamer.com.tw/2/62122.html
    Taiwanese collectors edition confirms Bison, Kazuya, Ogre and Akuma, 'cause no one knew they were in the game:

sfxtleakedheader.png

Also, the best addition to the CE:

0000614746.JPG0000614750.JPG

• Advertisement

Any of you guys planning to pre-order this from Gamesnash?

Advertisement