Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ill buy everything cos im capcoms bitch

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

bush wrote: »
    Ill buy everything cos im capcoms bitch

Like me and Square Enix. . . . . . . no matter how bad the games will be, no matter how much I complain about trailers/prerelease shows. . . . . . I'll still be first in line to buy it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Well if that's accurate it'll certainly save me from learning yet another new game.

Wait are we really complaining about DLC characters after launch when as far as I can see from Xboxs at tournies you all have alternate costumes that do nothing but make you look pretty in SF4 purchased???

Edit,

I'm not defending it. Just pointing out something I noticed there. I hate getting a non finished product (especially when they know they are going to release them) for extra $$$

• Registered Users Posts: 10,980 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Alt costumes aren't needed for tournaments though.

Having all the characters and gems is.

• Advertisement

True, for MK this can be a real hassle since a lot of people now main one of the DLC characters.

I think the Gems will come down to use the basic 3 sets for the character unless there is a fast way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

This is it pretty succinctly.

I'm happy to drop some extra money down on costumes when I've pumped as much time into a game like I've done with SF4.

Forcing tournament organisers to pay for presumably almost €20 in extra content (before Gems) is pretty disgusting - content that's already included in another version of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I will excuse BlazBlue's DLC characters -- started with a small roster, then each character was hand-animated AFTER Gold master & released with challenge mode combos (possibly because ArcSys weren't sure how long the game would last?).

KoF, same deal (except it started with a huge roster), and O.Kyo/Iori are basically fanservice characters anyway.

SFIV AE gave us lots of system changes (ok...), though IIRC no additional DLC content (boo!).

Marvel was BS, the characters were even on the disc.

SFxT takes the cake though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

So its ok for snk to put out dlc characters for a game with the worst netcode ever, yet capcom are evil when they do dlc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

So its ok for snk to put out dlc characters for a game with the worst netcode ever, yet capcom are evil when they do dlc?

I misread snk as me and I just wanted to say :

Bush, I would play your fighting game.

That's cause no one plays that piece of **** :pac:

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I will excuse BlazBlue's DLC characters -- started with a small roster, then each character was hand-animated AFTER Gold master & released with challenge mode combos (possibly because ArcSys weren't sure how long the game would last?).

KoF, same deal (except it started with a huge roster), and O.Kyo/Iori are basically fanservice characters anyway.

SFIV AE gave us lots of system changes (ok...), though IIRC no additional DLC content (boo!).

Marvel was BS, the characters were even on the disc.

SFxT takes the cake though.

What about Skullgirls?

Has already announced DLC characters before the games release.

What about Skullgirls?

The core difference with SG is that like BB those characters aren't finished/started yet despite being announced.

There are a few bits of not-cool DLC stuff with SG like extra win poses and colour palettes that were in earlier builds of the game, but I'm willing to be completely hypocritcal with those and buy them just to throw some more money at a small new company that it producing a damn fine game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

What about Skullgirls?

That's fine because they are hand drawn sprites and the artists come to your house and draw them onto the screen directly while you play.
    Sairus wrote: »
    The core difference with SG is that like BB those characters aren't finished/started yet despite being announced.

There are a few bits of not-cool DLC stuff with SG like extra win poses and colour palettes that were in earlier builds of the game, but I'm willing to be completely hypocritcal with those and buy them just to throw some more money at a small new company that it producing a damn fine game.

How do you know that any of the SFxT characters are finished/started?

Orim wrote: »
    How do you know that any of the SFxT characters are finished/started?
    Oh, Vita version isn't out till Fall. I thought it was a simultaneous release with the home consoles. I guess there is a decent chance they're still working on stuff and can escape my wrath.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Thinking of getting the brady games guide for this. Anyone know a good / fast site to order from? Or of anywhere in Ireland getting it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Is the special edition worth getting: Art book, "arcade cabinet" and 45 gems.

Anyone know if the art book is good ( I remember the art book with SFIV vanilla was just a glorified manual.) and what exactly is the "arcade cabinet"...?:confused:

Are the DLC characters going to be released for xbox and ps3 or are they Vita exclusives?

It's a money box in the shape of an arcade cabinet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

The arcade cabinet is a build it yourself piggy bank.

From reading Ono's comments about the 12 additional characters on the vita version, its highly like they will get released as DLC on both home consoles and probably the PC version.

The 5 guest characters will remain exclusive to PS3 and Vita (Cole, Mega-Man, Pac Man, and the 2 Sony Mascots).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Azure_sky

Thanks lads. Is the money box card board or something more substantial? Anyone know anything about the art book?

Looks like a Trócaire box.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i got the standard version but now i wish i got the other one, SUPER HYPE after watching some videos [especially the poisin documentry]

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Famtisu have the first review of SFxT out.

35/40 on PS3.
    34/40 on Xbox 360.

They rated the PS3 version higher due to it having the extra characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Azza wrote: »

35/40 on PS3.
    34/40 on Xbox 360.

That makes sense, Sony pushed more money into the game, so people who owned both platforms would only buy on Playstation 3 (I would, if I owned both).

I wonder are they annoyed that all that money was only worth 1/40 more than Xbox on Famitsu?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so people who owned both platforms would only buy on Playstation 3 (I would, if I owned both).

And they would end up playing Scramble mode with their little sisters,
    XBOX all the way, im sure we will see some nice DLC characters further down the line.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

http://thestream.tv/cross-assault-renic-li-joe-myk-rip/

First 20 minutes are about cross assault- Mike Ross is saying the whole thing was a worked shoot, as we use to say.

If Mike is on the straight and narrow with this, I'm cool with it tbh. It's for funs.

The rest of this show is interesting too, stuff about the sexual harrassment thing also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Azza wrote: »

35/40 on PS3.
    34/40 on Xbox 360.

Famitsu review "scores" are bought by advertising; they mean nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Even allowing for a second that a numerical representation of a person's opinion isn't an inherently flawed system in the first place: Review scores are the product of financial, professional and social pressure in a lot of cases; and should be taken with a grain of salt.

De-Kiki-fied your post.

Advertisement