Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,700 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

FutureGuy wrote: »
    According to reports just now, Game will not be stocking anything.
    FTFY

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Fergus_ wrote: »

Sakura is going to be really strong in this

THE SECOND HALF OF THAT VIDEO LOOKS OUTSTANDINGLY CLASSY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I just realised, Namco are CONSIDERING Retsu, Geki & Go Hibiki!!
    Considering SF's current fanbase they have no chance, but... that would be cool.

I wouldn't mind some more SF1 characters returning. All we would need left is Joe, Mike and Lee. I hope they do make it in. TxSF should have some different characters beyond the bleeding obvious like Kazuya and Ryu. I hope its true that Kunimitsu makes it in as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

FTFY
    I had to try three different GAMEs (1 in Cork, 2 in Dublin) over the weekend for MS Points and Subscriptions. They blamed their lack of stock on Microsoft being stingy.

That company is fair dead :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Oh yeah, suck it Game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Has anyone read this on gamespot?
    Capcom is charging people to unlock 12 characters that are already on the disc.
    That stinks of pure greed.
    I won't be buying it due to this garbage.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/capcom-explains-street-fighter-x-tekken-on-disc-dlc-6364712

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Oh yeah, suck it Game.

Yeah, all those people out of a job is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ah hang on now. Nobody wants to see people out of a job but businesses that fail to evolve and ingnore the signs of change deserve to fail. The country is in the mess that it is because capitalism was perverted and not allowed to take its course. We propped up failed businesses and look what happened.

If Game refused to change its stocking policies and ignore online sales than it deserves what it gets. I wouldn't shop there over a superior store just because some people might lose their jobs. Thats not a sustainable attitude.

Kirby wrote: »
    Ah hang on now. Nobody wants to see people out of a job but businesses that fail to evolve and ingnore the signs of change deserve to fail. The country is in the mess that it is because capitalism was perverted and not allowed to take its course. We propped up failed businesses and look what happened.

If Game refused to change its stocking policies and ignore online sales than it deserves what it gets. I wouldn't shop there over a superior store just because some people might lose their jobs. Thats not a sustainable attitude.

I'm sure that will be a great comfort to any worried employee who happened to log onto boards today and found someone going "oh yeah suck it" about their job.

quinnd6 wrote: »
    Has anyone read this on gamespot?
    Capcom is charging people to unlock 12 characters that are already on the disc.
    That stinks of pure greed.
    I won't be buying it due to this garbage.
    http://uk.gamespot.com/news/capcom-explains-street-fighter-x-tekken-on-disc-dlc-6364712
    Most of us saw it coming once the rumours of extra characters came around.
    Then double so when the Vita version was announced.

The REAL stinker though is that the characters are ON THE DISC and you can't even legally unlock them until the Vita version ships... in autumn! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

You know I heard that Majora's Mask was on the Ocarina of Time cartridge but Nintendo just held it back so you would forced to buy the PPC (physically purchased content)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I can't wait to get this game.

Very aggravating seeing all the updates on twitter from the states.

Orim wrote: »
    You know I heard that Majora's Mask was on the Ocarina of Time cartridge but Nintendo just held it back so you would forced to buy the PPC (physically purchased content)
    While a large portion of Majora's Mask was made with Ocarina of Time assets, the script & other parts of the game would not have fitted into the restrictions of the cartridge formOH YOU WERE TROLLING

While a large portion of Majora's Mask was made with Ocarina of Time assets, the script & other parts of the game would not have fitted into the restrictions of the cartridge formOH YOU WERE TROLLING

I've started to miss Farz so I've decided to try and replace him.

I should post a humourous picture here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

sorry to dissapoint boys, im eagerly waiting by the door for the post to arrive
    i only realistically have 24 hours to play this till i leave for pakistan

postman_2.jpg

edit: it didnt come, fuuuuuu
    edit edit: wait, is this out on the 9th ? damn you gamestop liars

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Okay that was a bit kneejerk but I have hard time pitying them the way the business has been handled, the bloody abysmal customer service I've had from them recently doesn't exactly make we want to weep over their demise.

Blame the management for their crappy policies running the company into the ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Question to all ye folk. Any idea how the gems will be distributed if you don't buy the Special Edition.

Are they going to be in separate packs or all together. There seems to be a huge number of gems being mentioned on other sites. Any prices etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

herpy derpy

I bet if capcom locked the options menu for DLC people like you would still buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Let's all play nice with each other.

strekken's imminent release is attracting new people to the forum.

Eternal September brings opportunity as well as problems. Welcome.

I view all of this with a certain bemusement actually.

The overriding cry of casual SF players when Super Street Fighter 4 came out was roughly "Wah wah wah disc release wah wah should have been dlc wah wah". Yet everyone here was pretty cool about a disc release.

Capcom it appears have responded as demanded and included a whole rake of characters for dlc in the near future- in fact, a similar amount as appeared in SSF4... I wouldn't be suprised if we see a rebalance about the time they become available to play. We're probably getting Super SFxT without the legal wranglings it would take to have a second game with that name.

I think someone said SFxT has 38 characters on launch. That's more than enough for a modern fighting game (some would say too much) and if they revitalise it by a good launch of the remaining 12, well, I think I'll be ok with that. It's a solid strategy to me. Having waited the approximate 6 months it took Yun and Yang to download, it's actually not unreasonable for the (completed? Not?) characters to be on the disc. And now the song is "wah wah wah DLC is on the disc, should be free".

Still, **** gems. I am not spending money on them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

strekken's imminent release is attracting new people to the forum.

Calling it Strekken is driving away many more.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Are there any brick and mortar stores stocking the special edition this Friday now that GAME won't?

Gamestop are stocking it but I'm not sure if they have the special edition.
    I'd doubt anywhere else would have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Neeknak

Missed delivery of mine today by 10 mins. Got them delivering it this afternoon though so all is well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Gamestop are stocking it but I'm not sure if they have the special edition.
    I'd doubt anywhere else would have it.

They will have them. I was quoted 75 euro.

52 delivered on Amazon. No thanks Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 airgilbert

Neeknak wrote: »
    Missed delivery of mine today by 10 mins. Got them delivering it this afternoon though so all is well.

where did you order from?

I
    I think someone said SFxT has 38 characters on launch. That's more than enough for a modern fighting game (some would say too much) and if they revitalise it by a good launch of the remaining 12, well, I think I'll be ok with that. It's a solid strategy to me. Having waited the approximate 6 months it took Yun and Yang to download, it's actually not unreasonable for the (completed? Not?) characters to be on the disc. And now the song is "wah wah wah DLC is on the disc, should be free".

Still, **** gems. I am not spending money on them.

What rubs people up the wrong way is that they are charging for DLC when it isn't DLC. It's part of the vanilla game......just locked. All the content was completed months ago and yet we pay for it a year later. It all ships on the disc.

If I sold you a car with 4 seats in it and then demanded you pay me an extra fee to use they back seats.......you would be apoplectic. Most people would. The fact that it's happening in a digital format makes no difference. What if you walked into a shop and bought an albumn for 20 quid, took it home and realised that even though the last 3 songs were on the disc....you had to pay extra to hear them? People bash the music industry but even they are not that brazen.

Capcom are. They do it all the time and have done for five years. It's a disgusting business practice and flies in the face of what DLC should be about. Extra content devolped after release that fans of the game gladly pay for.

In my eyes, people have a right to be annoyed. Do you think people would accept Valve have episode 1 and 2 on the half-life 2 disc? Not a chance. Why should Capcom get a free pass?

DLC is a great money maker and I dont begrudge any company the chance to release some and make money. But it has to actually be new content. If its on the disc, you are taking the piss and to give them more money would be remiss.

Kirby wrote: »
    What rubs people up the wrong way is that they are charging for DLC when it isn't DLC. It's part of the vanilla game......just locked. All the content was completed months ago and yet we pay for it a year later. It all ships on the disc.

Really busy but this annoys me.

How do you know the content was completed? How do you know when the content was completed? Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean squat.

As an example there was the same massive uproar when Jill was found on the McV3 disc. As I remember Jill was ~25% complete.

There is a lenghty process between a game being finished, sent off licensing,verification etc. and the game discs actually being printed. There is plenty of time for content to be produced in time to be placed on the disc thus saving everyone involved a little time and saving the company a little money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

To be honest, while DLC is obviously there to make more $$$, it is also there to refresh the game keeping the line/title revived.

New games come out everyday and most usually get stale and old within weeks, DLC content keeps the game fresh. Making a DLC with the game, time permitting makes more sense, for development costs and the complexity of development itself. It all seems sneaky but it isnt, its just marketing.

in other news
    Dear Farzad,

Thank you for ordering from GameStop.co.uk

Your order 1310111 has been shipped
    Attached please find your invoice.

If you have any questions regarding your order, please contact our Customer Service team at help@gamestop.co.uk

Kind Regards,

but i wont get to play it, ugh

• Advertisement

How do you know the content was completed? How do you know when the content was completed? Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean squat.

Are you seriously questioning this? So you think a 100kb download holds textures, sound effects, and all sorts of attack data in it? For a HD game?

Capcom have done this a bunch of times. They have form.

Just because something is on the disc doesn't mean squat.

Actually to me, it does. When I pay for something I expect to get it. If I want something extra I'll pay for that too. But if it's on the disc it means it was completed before the game went gold. Whatever is on the disc in the shop is the vanilla game. Locking bits on purpose and charging later is scamming the customer.

Advertisement