Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street Fighter X Tekken is for REAL!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Be interesting to see if any top players will be willing to play the game without gems, though I imagine top players will only want to use Lvl 3 gems ( activate on Pandora ) at the highest levels if it gets that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I can't imagine it would be difficult to do a "non gem mode"
    I remember Street fighter alpha 3 you could do a sort of character development mode, where you turn your player into an unbalanced god.

but the "serious" part of the game, i.e. the straight up vs, was always there.
    They're surly not going to **** that up. Even SC as Banjacksed as it is, always has a "normal" mode aswell as the sexy "super bonus please like the game please, look how interesting it is with all the different stats" mode

Except neither of those games were built entirely around their custom character systems. Capcom have said several times that they're pushing Gems to be a major component of the game and that they expect it to be used in tournaments.

As far as I recall there's an online mode that has no gems, but I don't know if there's a local one. Unless tournaments start dropping SFxT on the basis of Gems I can't see them adding a patch to remove them from local play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

They should use codes that you enter on the character select screen to setup your gems

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I can't imagine it would be difficult to do a "non gem mode"

They said that you can't turn gems off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

bush wrote: »
    They should use codes that you enter on the character select screen to setup your gems

This, and they should be button combinations.

Enter code: up, up, right, jab, fierce.

Boom, Done, that was easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

You can select to have no gems.

It looks likely that this will be the defacto tournament standard imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

What's the crack with all these gems? Can you chose them for specific characters?
    For example, could you give Poison a pearl necklace?

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

I can see Dhalsim with 3 life restoring gems being a nightmare. Increases the time pressue on you to attack him and this time no focus attack throw pokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Poison could give herself one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

You can select to have no gems.

It looks likely that this will be the defacto tournament standard imo.

You can do that but there is not specific no gems mode, if you went online and played a randomer they could pick gems if they wanted.

Mr Wizard said that SFxT at Evo will be using gems so any tournaments on the Road to Evo will have to use gems.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm going to try to get into the SFxT tournament in Cannes, I've been playing a lot of Sagat so I think team annoying projectile it will be.

It means showing up early on the first day, but that I think I can do.

I'm going to try to get into the SFxT tournament in Cannes, I've been playing a lot of Sagat so I think team annoying projectile it will be.

It means showing up early on the first day, but that I think I can do.

Ar, I'll reckon I'll give it a shot too. Gonna rep Vega/Poison for team totally incompatible play styles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

We'll all play it and it'll probably be the biggest fighting game ever.

We'll all play it and it'll probably be the biggest fighting game ever.

I'm pretty confident this'll happen too. I'm still gonna bitch and moan until I'm proven wrong though!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm definitely not going to buy SFxT.

Being poor has nothing to do with it.

I'm definitely going to buy SFxT.

Being rich has nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

We're all gonna buy it and it's gonna be the best game ever made.

l_megaman01.jpg

Manliest Mega Man

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I can hear the nerd rage from here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

GorySnake wrote: »
    We're all gonna buy it and it's gonna be the best game ever made.

l_megaman01.jpg

I always wondered how Robots with rubber for skin can grow old.

All we need now is Jim Ross on commetary " BAH GAWD!!! BAH GAWD!! MEGAMAN IS MIDDLE AGED & CRAZY!!!"

26_sfxt01.jpg

Great shot showing his middle aged belly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Dundle

Five exclusive characters is not cool. Really, any exclusive character isn't. Capcom are just selling out fans again.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I'm gonna buy both copies to support Capcom.

My team on Xbox will be Ryu and Ken.

My team on PS3 will be Fat Mega Man and Kuro (White ps3 cat).

This game is so much hype!

Why would you still want to support capcom with they way they've been treating their fans lately?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Dundle wrote: »
    Why would you still want to support capcom with they way they've been treating their fans lately?

For the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

They've been treating us to lots of good games lately.

They've been treating us to lots of good games lately.

But they're been treating US badly. Marve 3, SxT exclusives (both characters and gems), everything on the PC, Resident Evil DS having a permanent save, destroying Megaman, driving Infuane off, I could go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

But they're been treating US badly. Marve 3, SxT exclusives (both characters and gems), everything on the PC, Resident Evil DS having a permanent save, destroying Megaman, driving Infuane off, I could go on.

Please go on. Especially about Marve 3.

• Advertisement

U mad?

Advertisement