Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manuals / Request a manual

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Greeb

rk2017 wrote: »
    I have googled extensively but cannot find an engineers manual for the Aritech CS350. I have an old out of service one that I need to remove but I want to check a few specs before I do so as I will reuse the bells, etc.

Can anyone point to where a spec can be found?

Thanks in advance & BR
    - Rob

EDIT: I just saw now that apparently it's not ok to ask for manuals now, apologies...

Have a CS250 myself with self install and all the manuals.
    Maybe try expanding your search with knowledge that Aritech brand was taken over by GE Interlogix but kept the brand and now both taken over by UTC.
    The circuit board is labeled/screeprinted about inputs/outputs/bells etc. But you bigest headache is probably going to be identifying the zones for reuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

Greeb wrote: »
    Have a CS250 myself with self install and all the manuals.
    Maybe try expanding your search with knowledge that Aritech brand was taken over by GE Interlogix but kept the brand and now both taken over by UTC.
    The circuit board is labeled/screeprinted about inputs/outputs/bells etc. But you bigest headache is probably going to be identifying the zones for reuse.

Difference with the 350 is they are just numbers.
    The 250 was a great panel in its day.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

Would anyone have the engineer manual for hkc quantum 70 alarm system i would be most grateful
    Nicolas

Would anyone have the engineer manual for hkc quantum 70 alarm system i would be most grateful
    Nicolas

We are not allowed share manuals which are copyright protected on boards.
    Is their some issue you need help with?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Nicolas_Bandon

altor wrote: »
    We are not allowed share manuals which are copyright protected on boards.
    Is their some issue you need help with?

I would like to default the engineer code without defaulting the whole panel. Is it possible?

• Advertisement

I would like to default the engineer code without defaulting the whole panel. Is it possible?

Yes if not engineer locked.
    Down power battery and mains.
    Remove factory link. Power up and scroll to default user codes.
    This will just default the codes and keep all other programming.

If it's locked it will say engineer locked.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with codes or engineer manuals.
    A licenced company or the manufacturer's may help you some more.
    If the system is engineer locked a good engineer could help you with that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Nicolas

Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with codes or engineer manuals.
    A licenced company or the manufacturer's may help you some more.
    If the system is engineer locked a good engineer could help you with that also.

Any good contact details for Vanderbilt? The irish number just keeps asking me to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 passat_mg

Hi,
    I would like to say hello as it is my first post.

Is there any chance you could send me a link for HKC SW 812 installation manual please?

Thanks
    Regards
    Marek

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

FatBeard wrote: »
    Any good contact details for Vanderbilt? The irish number just keeps asking me to wait!

None that I'd like to post on a public forum.
    PM and I will put you in contact.

• Advertisement

passat_mg wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there any chance you could send me a link for HKC SW 812 installation manual please?

Thanks
    Regards
    Marek

Hi Marek
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals. If you contact an installer or manufacturer they could help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 passat_mg

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi Marek
    Unfortunately we are no longer allowed help you here with engineer codes or manuals. If you contact an installer or manufacturer they could help you out.

Sorry to hear but thanks for your reply KoolKid.

passat_mg wrote: »
    Hi,

Thanks
    Regards
    Marek

We can't help re the manual but if you have any questions regarding the panel please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 paolouno

Hi all,

I have an Astec 63DV which seems to need a battery replacement (fault code 61). I found some info on here about physically how to do it, I'm just concerned about resetting the system afterwards.

I know you don't provide full installation manuals any more, but would anyone even be able to provide the relevant details (or manual extracts) of what I need to do - e.g. if engineer mode has to be used to reset time/date or something?

Any help much appreciated, thanks!

Manual extracts are even a No No here so I won't chance it.
    After you replaced at battery the fault should clear itself. On some of the earlier versions you needed to power the panel down & power up on battery first.
    Be careful that the battery cables sit in behind the top of battery so not to be damaged by the back of the PCB.
    If after you close up the panel you get a message call engineer 76 you will need the engineer code to reset the panel or default the panel.

Thanks very much for the reply. The alarm was installed about 7-8 years ago, so I suppose that's an 'earlier' version. If so, is is just a case of: 1. Switching off mains supply 2. Removing battery (will the alarm be triggered at this stage??) 3. Replacing battery to restore power 4. Switching mains supply on again?

Will the time/date then need to be reset (and how?)

As you can tell, I haven't done this before so many thanks for taking the time to help!

paolouno wrote: »
    Thanks very much for the reply. The alarm was installed about 7-8 years ago, so I suppose that's an 'earlier' version. If so, is is just a case of: 1. Switching off mains supply 2. Removing battery (will the alarm be triggered at this stage??) 3. Replacing battery to restore power 4. Switching mains supply on again?

Will the time/date then need to be reset (and how?)

As you can tell, I haven't done this before so many thanks for taking the time to help!

You also need to remove the factory Link, yes alarm will sound when doing this.

Clear Fn 1 Code is to change the time.
    Clear Fn 3 Code is to change the user code.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭VeryRapidSkoda

Hi,

Would anyone have an engineers manual for the Europlex Signet 100 please.

Hi,

Would anyone have an engineers manual for the Europlex Signet 100 please.

Wouldn't be allowed help you with that but here is the SPC manual.
    A lot of the menu structure and hardware would be the same.

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://uk.spiap.com/uploads/uk/files/spc42xx_43xx_52xx_53xx_63xx_installation_configuration_manual_en.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwiz-5SIgq_XAhUDtxoKHT5hDTUQFggcMAA&usg=AOvVaw1iKhDro6OZ720O64iO6ih4

altor wrote: »
    You also need to remove the factory Link

Thanks for that. I see from looking back over another thread that there should be two links visible inside the box - is it just the right-hand (battery) one that I need to remove?

And finally... when people talk about 'powering down' and 'powering up' the panel, does this just mean removing/replacing that link, or is there something else I need to do?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, I'd just rather have it clear in my head before I open the panel and set off the bell!

• Advertisement

Thanks for that. I see from looking back over another thread that there should be two links visible inside the box - is it just the right-hand (battery) one that I need to remove?

And finally... when people talk about 'powering down' and 'powering up' the panel, does this just mean removing/replacing that link, or is there something else I need to do?

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions, I'd just rather have it clear in my head before I open the panel and set off the bell!

There is two links you need to remove.
    The battery link on the right as you have said plus the left link (default link).
    Mains going to the panel needs to be off also, keypad should be blank at this stage.
    When you power it up on the battery or mains it will default the systems memory plus codes.
    If the system is engineer locked it wont.
    At that point you would need an engineer to default it for you.
    Your normal code will turn off the system if it does not default.
    If it does default codes will disarm it.
    Replace factory link and start programming.

Time, date and user codes are set up outside engineer mode.

Thanks Altor. Is it possible to replace the battery without defaulting to factory settings though? I'm happy with the way the alarm is programmed - just looking to a straightforward battery change, with no re-programming (if that's possible?)

Thanks Altor. Is it possible to replace the battery without defaulting to factory settings though? I'm happy with the way the alarm is programmed - just looking to a straightforward battery change, with no re-programming (if that's possible?)

Yes this is done by down powering the system, battery link and mains.
    Replace the battery.
    Do not remove the factory link and all programming with remain in the system.

That sound like the job, thanks again guys. I'll give it a go when I get a spare minute.

Battery changed, everything looks normal again. Many thanks for all the advice! :cool:

Battery changed, everything looks normal again. Many thanks for all the advice! :cool:

Brilliant, glad you got it all sorted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommy Ferguson

Engineers codes for domestic alarms please

Engineers codes for domestic alarms please

We are not allowed give out engineer codes on boards.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Tommy Ferguson

Just pm a few of them.

• Advertisement

Just pm a few of them.

Again, codes are not permitted to be given out on boards.

My advise would be to contact the installer or an installation company to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement