Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

I'm my experience the biggest offenders at traffic lights are pedestrians & cyclists and I include myself in that especially as a pedestrian, I seldom wait on the green man.

As for policing amber gamblers, you wouldn't necessarily have to police all lights just a few spot checks across the city every day for a few weeks would see far more compliance.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

h3000 wrote: »
    The should stick a Garda on one of the junctions for a few hours a couple of days a month though. The will certainly catch people and might act as somewhat of a deterrent for a while at least. Mulgrave street/Cathedral Place & Francis Street/Patrick Street/Ruthland Street junctions would be a great start.

The crossing outside St. John's Cathedral is wicked. People turning on a penny next to the crossing and walking starlight out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

They knocked St.Enda's pool today. Such a pity, it was an amazing facility back in its day with the sports hall, outdoor courts.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Including the pool! I can't believe the council didn't take it over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Apparently it was just the pool that was knocked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

source wrote: »
    Apparently it was just the pool that was knocked.

That's a pity! Imagine if the crunch pool and gym was still around, i bet they'd have a lot more business with all the new businesses opening in town

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I hear golden discs is supposed to be opening up in Limerick again. I wonder how long before leave again. I wouldn't trust the store.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I hear golden discs is supposed to be opening up in Limerick again. I wonder how long before leave again. I wouldn't trust the store.

Is there anywhere to buy vinyl records in the city now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

juneg wrote:

Steamboat Music at Steamboat Quay

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

juneg wrote: »

Fella in the Milk Market on Saturday does vintage. He's inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Where can I get more credit for my Leap card in the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Answering my own question: Eason's.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,884 ✭✭✭✭phog

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Answering my own question: Eason's.

Centra on O'Connell St, SuperValu in Castletroy do it too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Got a couple of holes in my wetsuit that I need to fix. Anyone know if Gleeson Sports would do stuff to fix them or where would be the best place to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

panda100 wrote: »
    Got a couple of holes in my wetsuit that I need to fix. Anyone know if Gleeson Sports would do stuff to fix them or where would be the best place to go?

River Deep Mountain High on Patrick Street would be a better bet. Or pop in to Dave Neville at Nevsail and he'll be able to help you.

Lads anyone else use that automatic car wash in Topaz caherdavin. I found it to be pure ****e. My car was just as clean when it went in as it came out.. Back to chawkes I found their car wash to be very good. Very few good automatic car washes now days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

Lads anyone else use that automatic car wash in Topaz caherdavin. I found it to be pure ****e. My car was just as clean when it went in as it came out.. Back to chawkes I found their car wash to be very good. Very few good automatic car washes now days.

The one in Topaz on the Dock Road is very good.

source wrote: »
    The one in Topaz on the Dock Road is very good.

The lads must try that out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Is the work going on on the Ballysimon Road by Northern Trust to install the slip lane to avoid the roundabout going from Northern Trust to the N24? Plenty of cones out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

marno21 wrote: »
    Is the work going on on the Ballysimon Road by Northern Trust to install the slip lane to avoid the roundabout going from Northern Trust to the N24? Plenty of cones out

I was thinking that this morning as it would make sense....its more than likely work to narrow the existing road to install 17ft wide cycle lanes..some speed ramps, two pedestrian crossings and a set of traffic lights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

dashoonage wrote: »
    I was thinking that this morning as it would make sense....its more than likely work to narrow the existing road to install 17ft wide cycle lanes..some speed ramps, two pedestrian crossings and a set of traffic lights.

And the entrance to the new Ballysimon Monorail Station.

And the entrance to the new Ballysimon Monorail Station.

Dont be silly......thats up by the new supermacs...

Lads any one know any thing about black out cloth & using it as a projector screen.
    Is it this stuff they are on about or is this just the lining ??
    https://www.harrycorry.com/3-pass-blackout-linings?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&currency=EUR&gclid=COGeza7W3tQCFa4y0wodnbQGwQ

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭imp1

Lads any one know any thing about black out cloth & using it as a projector screen.
    Is it this stuff they are on about or is this just the lining ??
    https://www.harrycorry.com/3-pass-bl...Fa4y0wodnbQGwQ

That's not what you want. If you get black out roller blinds, the back is black and the front is white, that works surprisingly well, they stay quite flat, the edges don't curl in too much and work as blinds when you are not using the projector. Have put them in pub windows before and they are just the job.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Anyone know how long the works at the Northern Trust roundabout are expected to take?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

marno21 wrote: »
    Anyone know how long the works at the Northern Trust roundabout are expected to take?

No idea but what are those works? I saw a roller in there yesterday like they were rolling down tarmac so had a tiny hope it could be a feeder lane off the groody onto the ballysimon link but seems unlikely.

Is there anywhere in Limerick where I can pick up a few capacitors that isint Maplin? Need two 1500µF 16v for a TV. Can go a bit higher on the voltage. Maplin had nothing even close.

Berty wrote: »
    No idea but what are those works? I saw a roller in there yesterday like they were rolling down tarmac so had a tiny hope it could be a feeder lane off the groody onto the ballysimon link but seems unlikely.

Completely blocked off with galvanised sheeting so can't see what's going on at all. Slip lane would be my guess especially seeing as it's been ongoing now with over a week

Planning Application 16693 speaks of a left turn lane....what i cant figure out is if thats a slip road or a arrow painted on the existing road facing left.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭carbonceiling

it's a slip road. condition 6 of the "notification of the decision to grant" ( planning permission ) states that a slip road must be constructed. i can't post links, but you can look up the planning permission and all documents on the limerick.ie website planning reference 16693

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement