Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Is there any honest car dealers (not main) left in Limerick?

being honest havent got a clue maybe one or two.Thats all i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

snip

No hearsay here folks.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,084 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Could please everyone make themselves familiar with the forums rules, specifically in this case, the below.

(2) Do not Libel anyone whether they be forum users or not.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=191758

I've removed some of the posts to clean things up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Did freshii open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,037 ✭✭✭patnor1011

I do not know who to talk to so this thread seems like good place to rant a little... :)
    Landlord dropped a bomb recently telling us about going to sell the house in Raheen we rented for last 11 years. Not a single bill unpaid or single rent payment skipped but well his house his rules... It looks that I am going to spend this summer running around trying to find some place for us. We planned to stay in area for next 4-5 years before moving on to some other part of the city but that looks increasingly impossible.
    We have seen good few empty houses around but according to their neighbors they were taken by bank. They are not on market for sale or rent, they just sit there pretty much rotting away... What a joke, not being able to find house even though there is plenty empty buildings around...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Really sorry to hear that. What an awful shock to get. Hope you are successful in your search. You never know your luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭source

patnor1011 wrote: »
    I do not know who to talk to so this thread seems like good place to rant a little... :)
    Landlord dropped a bomb recently telling us about going to sell the house in Raheen we rented for last 11 years. Not a single bill unpaid or single rent payment skipped but well his house his rules... It looks that I am going to spend this summer running around trying to find some place for us. We planned to stay in area for next 4-5 years before moving on to some other part of the city but that looks increasingly impossible.
    We have seen good few empty houses around but according to their neighbors they were taken by bank. They are not on market for sale or rent, they just sit there pretty much rotting away... What a joke, not being able to find house even though there is plenty empty buildings around...

Those neighbours are wrong, those houses aren't sitting idle. If they were repossessed the bank wants to sell them and get money for them. They won't be sold by a local auctioneer, and you won't see a for sale sign outside.

They'll be sold by public auction, usually through ALLSOPS, the bank will usually wait till they have a few properties before putting them all up for auction at the same time.

If you are in a position to buy, look at what is coming up on ALLSOPS, you can sometimes get great deals.

The bad news is that most properties are being bought these days by owner occupiers, not people looking to rent.

Hi Lads Do u think 410e for Grade B Samsung Galaxy S7 from CEX is dear.??

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes, considering you can get one Sim Free today brand new from Amazon.co.uk for ?401+ depending on the colour you want.

Berty wrote: »
    Yes, considering you can get one Sim Free today brand new from Amazon.co.uk for ?401+ depending on the colour you want.

man tnx Bert.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Can anyone tell me if the showers at the sports facilities in UL are open to the public? Maybe the ones by the running track or the astro pitches?

I have to hit the road early on Saturday but I still want to do the Parkrun in UL. It would be great if I could freshen up before starting a 3 hour drive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I have to hit the road early on Saturday but I still want to do the Parkrun in UL. It would be great if I could freshen up before starting a 3 hour drive.

Park run seems to have a pretty good relationship with the UL boathouse right beside the parkrun. I'm sure if you contacted the race director then maybe he could accommodate for you to have a shower there? You will probably be aksed to volunteer one saturday in return :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

panda100 wrote: »
    Park run seems to have a pretty good relationship with the UL boathouse right beside the parkrun. I'm sure if you contacted the race director then maybe he could accommodate for you to have a shower there? You will probably be aksed to volunteer one saturday in return :p

I've already volunteered twice this year! :P I even managed to screw up the stopwatch last time. :(

Good suggestion, thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I've already volunteered twice this year! I even managed to screw up the stopwatch last time.

So that's why i've not been getting my parkrun pb's!!! :) Seriously though, I reckon the boathouse or the dressing rooms by the astroturf would be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Can anyone tell me if the showers at the sports facilities in UL are open to the public? Maybe the ones by the running track or the astro pitches?

The ones in the arena can be used. I think a donation of 2 euro is required at the front desk :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Is anyone else's broadband internet down in the city centre? Ours has been down about 10 hours. I've switched the router off and on several times but doesn't come back up. Sorry, I don't know which ISP it is (not my house).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Louche Lad wrote: »
    Is anyone else's broadband internet down in the city centre? Ours has been down about 10 hours. I've switched the router off and on several times but doesn't come back up. Sorry, I don't know which ISP it is (not my house).

Vodafone was working for me up to 6:30 yesterday evening at work in the city centre anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭jonski

Virgin working fine on the south side .

Turns out our modem/router is faulty -- it's 7 years old, so Virgin are sending us a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Is the TomCat festival not on this year?

• Advertisement

Is there a café in the city centre with good WiFi that's definitely open today?

Edit: and electrical sockets too would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

Starbucks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

mcdonalds

• Registered Users Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭phog

I had two completely different experiences at the new pedestrian crossing on Roches St this week.

Yesterday a fire tender was coming down Roches St with siren blaring, cars in front of him trying to make space and a pedestrian walks out onto the crossing and stops everything in it's tracks.

This morning I'm approaching the crossing as a pedestrian and there's a guy standing waiting for the traffic to stop, they just flow through as if they have the right of way.

I pointed to the lights and one driver gave me the 2 fingers :eek:

phog wrote: »
    I had two completely different experiences at the new pedestrian crossing on Roches St this week.

Yesterday a fire tender was coming down Roches St with siren blaring, cars in front of him trying to make space and a pedestrian walks out onto the crossing and stops everything in it's tracks.

This morning I'm approaching the crossing as a pedestrian and there's a guy standing waiting for the traffic to stop, they just flow through as if they have the right of way.

I pointed to the lights and one driver gave me the 2 fingers :eek:

Whatever about the guy giving two fingers, you're supposed to indicate your intention to cross by placing your foot on the crossing. Then drivers are supposed to know to stop.

Until you signal your intent to cross the road the space belongs to the cars and they can continue to drive.

419386.png

• Registered Users Posts: 24,137 ✭✭✭✭phog

source wrote: »
    Whatever about the guy giving two fingers, you're supposed to indicate your intention to cross by placing your foot on the crossing. Then drivers are supposed to know to stop.

Until you signal your intent to cross the road the space belongs to the cars and they can continue to drive.

The guy waiting to cross was off the pavement and on the crossing but was waiting on traffic to stop.

phog wrote: »
    The guy waiting to cross was off the pavement and on the crossing but was waiting on traffic to stop.

That wasn't clear in your original post. In that case the motorists are just arseholes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

At pretty much every junction in the city, every time the lights change, two or even three cars will push through after the lights have turned red. I witnessed a Nissan Micra fly through a red light (at O'Connell Street & Mallow Street junction) and nearly mowed down a group of teenage girls who were crossing. They literally jumped out of the way as the motorist sped through. He was going so fast that I didn't even manage to get his reg. I think when the O'Connell Street project is done a lot of these will be raised junctions so it'll be a lot harder for motorists to do that. But, still, a bit of policing of the situation wouldn't go amiss.

zulutango wrote: »
    At pretty much every junction in the city, every time the lights change, two or even three cars will push through after the lights have turned red. I witnessed a Nissan Micra fly through a red light (at O'Connell Street & Mallow Street junction) and nearly mowed down a group of teenage girls who were crossing. They literally jumped out of the way as the motorist sped through. He was going so fast that I didn't even manage to get his reg. I think when the O'Connell Street project is done a lot of these will be raised junctions so it'll be a lot harder for motorists to do that. But, still, a bit of policing of the situation wouldn't go amiss.

Given that red light jumping is rife across the city there is currently no effective way of policing it, the only thing that could realistically be done is red light cameras, but they would come with their own headaches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

source wrote: »
    Given that red light jumping is rife across the city there is currently no effective way of policing it, the only thing that could realistically be done is red light cameras, but they would come with their own headaches.

The should stick a Garda on one of the junctions for a few hours a couple of days a month though. The will certainly catch people and might act as somewhat of a deterrent for a while at least. Mulgrave street/Cathedral Place & Francis Street/Patrick Street/Ruthland Street junctions would be a great start.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement