Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

it's a slip road. condition 6 of the "notification of the decision to grant" ( planning permission ) states that a slip road must be constructed. i can't post links, but you can look up the planning permission and all documents on the limerick.ie website planning reference 16693

No monorail then ?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

dashoonage wrote: »
    No monorail then ?

I hear those things are awfully loud...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭source

I hear those things are awfully loud...

They glide as softly as a cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

imp1 wrote: »
    Lads any one know any thing about black out cloth & using it as a projector screen.
    Is it this stuff they are on about or is this just the lining ??
    https://www.harrycorry.com/3-pass-bl...Fa4y0wodnbQGwQ

That's not what you want. If you get black out roller blinds, the back is black and the front is white, that works surprisingly well, they stay quite flat, the edges don't curl in too much and work as blinds when you are not using the projector. Have put them in pub windows before and they are just the job.

Aboy Da Kiiiidddd!!!!:D:D:D:D:P:P:P:P Thanks very much forgot about roller blinds never thought of them

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The boom is back, is it?

Just saw Stryker have a robot cutting the grass on their grounds. Big enough yolk as well. Like a massive version of those home vacuums you can buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

it's there for ages

it's there for ages

Probably, you don't see one too often. Was surprised to see it. :D

Tis there years.....sits up by the wall near the co-op charging....

A great money saver for them actually....no need to pay landscapers...

Becoming cheaper than a decent ride on to own these days as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

I was at mungret playground today. There are new small recycling bins right beside it for cans and glass.
    People will leave glass bottles beside the bin
    Others will throw those glass bottles into playground. What the hell were the council thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

juneg wrote: »
    I was at mungret playground today. There are new small recycling bins right beside it for cans and glass.
    People will leave glass bottles beside the bin
    Others will throw those glass bottles into playground. What the hell were the council thinking?

Sorry, are you saying that people are going to start throwing glass bottles into a playground because the council have put a recycling bin beside it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Pure Mule

Is there anywhere in Limerick where I can pick up a few capacitors that isint Maplin? Need two 1500µF 16v for a TV. Can go a bit higher on the voltage. Maplin had nothing even close.

Did you try Edmunson electrical on the dock rd?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I see that Ed Sheeran added a few extra dates but failed to include Limerick in his tour. Would have been a great boost for the city if he played Thomond Park

I see that Ed Sheeran added a few extra dates but failed to include Limerick in his tour. Would have been a great boost for the city if he played Thomond Park

Surely be worth 10 million

Only last week I read that the new Mayor of Limerick said he wanted to have a meeting with Ed Sheerans Management team to find out why Limerick was being overlooked. LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Berty wrote: »
    Only last week I read that the new Mayor of Limerick said he wanted to have a meeting with Ed Sheerans Management team to find out why Limerick was being overlooked. LOL

Just as cringeworthy as the FAI asking can we be the 33rd team in the world cup.

That meeting cost 10 million.

dashoonage wrote: »
    Surely be worth 10 million

According to the Leader, the Springsteen concert was worth €12 million to the city, so two Sheeran concerts would probably be at least €20m! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Was in the bank of Ireland in Roxboro this morning and there's a sign up saying that from 4th (?) August a counter will only be open between 10-12.30. I'm sure other banks are the same but it's ridiculous.

There were 5 people queuing when I was there, all needed to deal with a counter, couldn't use the machine for any of our transactions. We were almost tut-tutted at by a staff member because of this, and I didn't like the fact that she went down the queue and asked us exactly what our business was.
    There was one counter open and two other staff members chatting to each other in the main part of the bank yet when the gentleman behind me asked (politely) if they could open another counter he was told there were no staff available!

Lads could anyone tell me why Tv would be crooked ??
    It is off by -2 degrees.The Bolts are straight by the way.
    Would it be the bar holding it that is a bit bent ?
    422178.jpg
    Its the bar type one 2nd photo

Was in the bank of Ireland in Roxboro this morning and there's a sign up saying that from 4th (?) August a counter will only be open between 10-12.30. I'm sure other banks are the same but it's ridiculous.

There were 5 people queuing when I was there, all needed to deal with a counter, couldn't use the machine for any of our transactions. We were almost tut-tutted at by a staff member because of this, and I didn't like the fact that she went down the queue and asked us exactly what our business was.
    There was one counter open and two other staff members chatting to each other in the main part of the bank yet when the gentleman behind me asked (politely) if they could open another counter he was told there were no staff available!

Bank of Ireland is gone to the dogs. I was in the Roxboro branch recently and the queue for the ATM inside was about 8 long (myself included). There was one hatch open and the teller was doing nothing so the woman behind me went to the hatch and was told she'd have to rejoin the queue...absolute madness.

• Advertisement

I'd complain if I was the woman and that happened to me twice :D

I'd complain if I was the woman and that happened to me twice :D

Who would she complain to? They would probably tell her she can only complain online! :pac:

Who would she complain to? They would probably tell her she can only complain online! :pac:

You know you posted your 1st comment twice, which is what I meant. :pac:

But yeah, do you have to book an appointment to complain online and you get a call from your bank on their 076 numbers(VOIP which costs a fair whack to call back) to get a time to meet them. I had to do this 2 weeks ago. Bank didn't call me for 2 days(missed my appointment) so gave them 2 complaints. :D

Just spotted the double post there! A few minutes time difference too! Weird! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I see the exact same as above happening in AIB all the time as well. One person behind the counter with others moping around back there. Then someone goes along a queue of about 12 people asking what their business is to see if they can use the machine. More often than not everyone needs the person behind the counter. The queue moves so slowly people just get pissed off and walk out again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

Lads could anyone tell me why Tv would be crooked ??
    It is off by -2 degrees.The Bolts are straight by the way.

Pyrite. TV is straight, house is crooked. I'd flog it ASAP.

Pyrite. TV is straight, house is crooked. I'd flog it ASAP.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:
    i was thought it was straight.

Be Wary Those Con-artist crowd Dtarmasters are going around again in raheen/Dooradoyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Does anybody find the layout of the new road markings at the Grove Island roundabout absolutely mindbogglingly stupid?

From what I've seen most people have taken to just straddling both lanes coming into it from either side. Have yet to have the misfortune of driving it at peak times but imagine it is not having the intended effect. Unless they wanted to create longer tailbacks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Paudee wrote: »
    Does anybody find the layout of the new road markings at the Grove Island roundabout absolutely mindbogglingly stupid?

From what I've seen most people have taken to just straddling both lanes coming into it from either side. Have yet to have the misfortune of driving it at peak times but imagine it is not having the intended effect. Unless they wanted to create longer tailbacks.

It's all a ploy to make traffic worse than it already is to get the Northern Distributor Road built :O

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement