Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I rang 313131 and several other crowds one night and not one picked the phone up. Fixed price and few others now known as swift taxi or something like that.

Anyone know what building work is going on in the Model School? New extension?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Yep, extra classrooms. I've kids going there and they're running out of room.
    I THINK, when my older kids started a few years ago, there were two classes of 30 from 2nd class upwards. They've taken in three classes of 30 junior infants every year since then so there's pretty much 90 kids in each year now. They had to use their hall as a classroom the last few years as well as the prefabs.

Yep, extra classrooms. I've kids going there and they're running out of room.
    I THINK, when my older kids started a few years ago, there were two classes of 30 from 2nd class upwards. They've taken in three classes of 30 junior infants every year since then so there's pretty much 90 kids in each year now. They had to use their hall as a classroom the last few years as well as the prefabs.

I didn't think there was a whole lot of room for expansion on those grounds to be honest. They brought in those prefabs after I left many moons ago. I wouldn't imagine there'd be much of a school yard left when the construction is finished. I take it the handball alleys are gone? Traded many a premier league sticker, pog and pokemon card in the dark corners of those alleys back in the day :pac:

They had the whole area blocked off at the end of last term so I'm not 100% sure where exactly they're building, but I thought more the basketball area in the back corner.
    I think there's some agreement that they will get some land from the barracks behind at some stage but again not sure when/where.

• Advertisement

They've been talking about that since I started there in 1993. And probably well before too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

They've been talking about that since I started there in 1993. And probably well before too.

Bloody hell that's made me feel old, I left 6th class there in 95!

source wrote: »
    Bloody hell that's made me feel old, I left 6th class there in 95!

I did my leaving cert in 1994 :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I did my leaving cert in 1994 :(

Well you are a wise OLD elf.:D (I did mine in 95, so not far behind you.)

Did anyone with kids go to that Wrestling show that was in The Strand last night? I was pretty wary of it but took my 4 year old as he was very keen and was pleasantly surprised. It was completely packed but had a really fun atmosphere (like mega-panto with body slams) and the wrestling wasn't too bad at all. 4 year old is still buzzing off it.

I had actually meant to go but forgot.
    Saw something similar in Westport a few years ago with my then 5 year old and was well impressed, but then I was a wrasslin fan back in my youth myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Dunnes have their Christmas chocolates in. On August 13th. Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Saw them in Childers road. I forgot to check the BBD so could be last years.

Berty wrote: »

Saw them in Childers road. I forgot to check the BBD so could be last years.

I got such a shock when I saw them that I forgot to check myself!
    No, there were a few drops of each there. They're definitely new stock. They had the pouches too.
    Yes, it was Childers Rd I saw them in too.
    Not particularly cheap either at €8 for 660g. The pouches were €4 for 400g.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Some bollox broke into a tourist's car pretty much outside King John's castle yesterday evening in broad daylight. I live in the general vicinity and am giving serious thought to some sort of CCTV for our cars parked on the roadside. Anybody know the legality of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Does anyone know where the new mungret secondary school is. I thought it was the new one on the way out the road but it's the Irish school moving from Garry Owen. Someone told me the one at the edge of the park is another primary school. Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

maryk123 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where the new mungret secondary school is. I thought it was the new one on the way out the road but it's the Irish school moving from Garry Owen. Someone told me the one at the edge of the park is another primary school. Just wondering.

One on the corner is the Gael Scoil (primary) second one up is the educate together (primary) and the secondary will eventually be further up again. Prefabs for the secondary for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

They had the whole area blocked off at the end of last term so I'm not 100% sure where exactly they're building, but I thought more the basketball area in the back corner.
    I think there's some agreement that they will get some land from the barracks behind at some stage but again not sure when/where.

yes back corner is where the building is which will be joined onto the main build by a corridor

• Registered Users Posts: 4,826 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I see deals is in trouble with An Bórd Pleanála over the signage on its Bedford Row shop.

The occupants of the halting site next to Childers road are upset about something.

Big handmade sign outside saying the council are ignoring them or something. Lots of them outside so didn't get a picture of the sign. You can't miss the sign.

The occupants of the halting site next to Childers road are upset about something.

Big handmade sign outside saying the council are ignoring them or something. Lots of them outside so didn't get a picture of the sign. You can't miss the sign.

There was a story in the Post this morning about travellers wanting a new mobile or a house from the council. I think that was the halting site near Kilmurry though, but just skimmed the paper earlier so not sure. Maybe there's a connection?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Vanquished

There was a sign up earlier in the year too. Along with another out in Roxboro. It read something along the lines of "Limerick council won't do nothing for us!"

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭MrLaurel

Did they take the day off work to protest if there are that many of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Vanquished wrote: »
    There was a sign up earlier in the year too. Along with another out in Roxboro. It read something along the lines of "Limerick council won't do nothing for us!"

So they will do something for them. They might appreciate what the council does for them but it's probably a bit much to be out with signs supporting them. :D

Harambe wrote: »
    So they will do something for them. They might appreciate what the council does for them but it's probably a bit much to be out with signs supporting them. :D

I'm passing in a while and I'll stop and shout over "a guy on the Internet says your sign is an Oxymoron" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

It's in the post, one of the residents is pregnant and believes her caravan is too small. The council won't buy her a new one and won't give her a social house.

Dealz now have self service check outs. Plenty of them too. Wonder if any jobs went because of them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Dealz now have self service check outs. Plenty of them too. Wonder if any jobs went because of them

Ryan's centra in Raheen also now have them
    I generally find them to be much quicker

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Ryan's centra in Raheen also now have them
    I generally find them to be much quicker

They are the job.

Saw some of the hoarding coming down by Northern Trust. Hopefully they're finished doing whatever they're doing behind it as it's creating big tailbacks on the Groody road and Ballysimon Road outbound.

*still looks a mess behind the hoarding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Saw some of the hoarding coming down by Northern Trust. Hopefully they're finished doing whatever they're doing behind it as it's creating big tailbacks on the Groody road and Ballysimon Road outbound.

*still looks a mess behind the hoarding.

ya twas down last week as well. its to provide access and as suspected 3/4 of the fooking thing is taken up with huge cycle lanes and footpaths. Schools back soon and i dont think they will be ready by then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement