Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

zulutango wrote: »
    Because when the Council 'refurbished' the quays they totally messed up the design. For no good reason they maintained two lanes for traffic here when they should have provided very wide footpaths instead. Then businesses would be able to put tables and chairs outside.

Or just closed it to traffic full stop
    Athlo Cholessys had tables going outside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Agreed. It would have been better to close it to traffic completely, but the challenge there would be allowing cars to access and exit from Harvey's Quay car park. But, then again, they should have thought of that when they gave permission for that building 15 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭testicles

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭adaminho

Across the road, behind Punches/Quakers cemetery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

adaminho wrote: »
    Across the road, behind Punches/Quakers cemetery.

There is a green area by the green yard car park but it's not very big and I can't see where the access point would be.

In saying that, in that area, we only commented recently that the scoil Carmel site must be worth a fortune if able to be developed.

Was really hoping someone was finally doing something with the old Esso site. I cringe whenever I pass it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone recommend a decent tailor around the city centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

keane2097 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a decent tailor around the city centre?
    I've been using Fitrite in Thomas Street for alterations for nearly 30 years. Never let me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Lads i am nearly convinced its all who u know now days when you are trying to get a summer job. trying to get one for my sister. Amount of cvs & interviews same old story no luck or else they are just intimidated cause your nearly more Qualified than they are for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

It can be who you know and also how you go about asking for the manager/owner. Good old trick is go into a premises and find the Smoking sign where it says you can't smoke etc and down the bottom the name of the person and their title will be on it. Then ask a staff member if X is about by first name. Increases your chances of speaking to the decision maker.

At this stage I'm sure they're all sick of being asked about Summer work.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭kerryked

Lads i am nearly convinced its all who u know now days when you are trying to get a summer job. trying to get one for my sister. Amount of cvs & interviews same old story no luck or else they are just intimidated cause your nearly more Qualified than they are for the job.

You're probably right, applying for a summer job isn't really like applying for a 'real' job - by that I mean the process isn't fair, it's not a level playing field.

To be fair, if I was the manager of some place that was looking for someone for the summer, I'd see if anyone I knew had a son/daughter looking for work - failing that I'd then look at the CVs handed in. Sorry to say it, but chances of the CVs you're handing out for your sister actually being looked are probably slim enough.

Only bit of advice I can offer is have a good think and see is there anyone you know yourself (manager/high up some where) that you could chance asking to see if there was a bit of work going.

tnx i know,unless ur family family now ur screwed i think.she tried managers some of them said we would get back to u. She even tried the banks & had interviews with bank for a summer job. This was early though as well cv's were handed in before the rush.
    tnx anyway.Lads

good news they rang her back & got a job tnx lads

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

Anyone know where the fire is on Clancy Strand? Had to get a unit in from Shannon to help according to the Leader.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/249788/limerick-fire-service-at-scene-of-city-incident.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Anyone know where the fire is on Clancy Strand? Had to get a unit in from Shannon to help according to the Leader.

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/home/249788/limerick-fire-service-at-scene-of-city-incident.html

they have updated the article its the derelict building just down from the Curragower

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

I have a suit I need to get altered, need the trousers tailored and the arms of the jackets shortened.

It's for daily use in work so needs to be a good quality job that will hold up to daily wear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

source wrote:
    I have a suit I need to get altered, need the trousers tailored and the arms of the jackets shortened.

source wrote:
    It's for daily use in work so needs to be a good quality job that will hold up to daily wear.

Joe Clancy, Upr. Hartstonge St. I think his shop is in the same building as the Mc Court Museum (Leamys School).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

chicorytip wrote: »
    Joe Clancy, Upr. Hartstonge St. I think his shop is in the same building as the Mc Court Museum (Leamys School).

Does he have a walk in shop there or would it be the kind of spot where you need to call ahead?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

The Pigtown Hall premises on Catherine St, what is that place? Drove past today and was wondering afterwards what it was

• Registered Users Posts: 23,737 ✭✭✭✭phog

The Pigtown Hall premises on Catherine St, what is that place? Drove past today and was wondering afterwards what it was

The place that sells Bric-?-brac?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,854 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

phog wrote: »
    The place that sells Bric-?-brac?

That could be it, I don't know what it sells. I just saw a sign saying Pigtown Hall. Building looked nice. I googled it but nothing of note came up...just found the image below on google images.

5771718300_7f7d0ed380_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

They run fitness classes in there.

https://m.facebook.com/functionalfitnesslimerick/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

I think there used to be a tannery there and the name is a reference to that. As far as I recall it was built at around the time that the play 'Pigtown' was written, but open to correction on that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Is that a General Motors logo on the Council offices in Dooradoyle?

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Is that a General Motors logo on the Council offices in Dooradoyle?

It is. They opened offices there a while back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

It is. They opened offices there a while back

Did not know that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭chicorytip

source wrote:
    Does he have a walk in shop there or would it be the kind of spot where you need to call ahead?

No, I would imagine you could just call in. I've never used him myself but know people who have and been satisfied with his work.

Looks like my suspicion about a certain 2nd car place was rite they are dodgy. here is a story copied & pasted from f/book
    Removed. Facebook can not be cited as a source of fact.

You can't post stuff like that here, a click away isn't sufficient.

Moderators moderate if u want properly.

Done. If you have a personal experience with them, then you can voice your opinion, as long as it meets posting guidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Was gonna buy a car from that place a couple of months ago and my brother was chatting with a lad he works with and it came up in conversation about looking for cars and mentioned it to his mate about a nice Golf that was for sale here and his mate more or less said avoid the place like the plague. Turns out he knows the lad who owns the place quite well from going to car shows and rallies.

• Advertisement

Is there any honest car dealers (not main) left in Limerick?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement