Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

thanks, last time I was there the whole place was fenced off

That spot used to have an awful reputation for a while. Drinking/drugs/muggings, etc. The transformation there into the facility it is now is really something wonderful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My God the amount of beggars in the city today is unbelievable, at least 2 dozen. Aside from the usual bunch there is clearly a begging troupe in the city. More than a dozen.

There's one outside the Patrick street entrance of Arthur's quay for the last few days who is shouting at people to give him money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

There's one outside the Patrick street entrance of Arthur's quay for the last few days who is shouting at people to give him money.

pro-active begging

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Treepole

FutureGuy wrote: »
    My God the amount of beggars in the city today is unbelievable, at least 2 dozen. Aside from the usual bunch there is clearly a begging troupe in the city. More than a dozen.

They arrived on a bus to Arthurs Quay park the other morning with all their gear. I think they do a tour of the cities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Not sure about buying, but house rentals in Dooradoyle/Raheen have definitely increased. A friend of mine is looking at the moment and €1200/€1300 seems to be about the average rental price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

How much has it cost in previous years to go to the JP McManus Pro-Am in Adare? Would love to go next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Think a cap was 50 euro last time it was on. You got in for the 2 days though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

I heard that USC might be going in there as well.
    Why is the Universal Social Charge going into Sports Direct :D
    :D:D:P ???
    Itsdacraic wrote: »
    Not sure, but there's plenty of Shiite ones.
    Are they Related to the Shiite Muslims them ****es ones :P:P:D:D:D:D
    http://historynewsnetwork.org/article/934

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Cough...... That's the joke

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Cough...... That's the joke
    :D:D:D after a long day @ work didnt cop it :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Folks, is there a same day or 24 hour dry cleaners in Limerick for a suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭dunworth1

try
    http://www.ambassadordrycleaning.ie/

Ive dropped stuff in the morning and picked up on the way home

depends on how busy they are though

I don't know if they're same day/24 hour, but my OH swears by the dry cleaners in Dooradoyle next to Eternal Beauticians (where Xtravision used to be)

They managed to get his suit perfect after a smoothie fell over in the car and covered the jacket, trousers and most of the car. They were asking a lot of question as to what exactly the stains were etc and when OH asked why they told him they needed to know because anything milk based can be very hard to clean. They seemed to know what they were doing anyway, which is more than can be said for the guy who valeted the car afterwards who clearly had trouble getting milk out, but that's a story for another day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I left a suit into that dry cleaners in dooradoyle and they ruined it. I only spotted it a few hours before the wedding as I left it in the cover so had to rush and buy a new suit last minute. They told me there was nothing they could do, that it wasn't their fault, that it must have been a cheap suit and thats why it went wrong. I usually go to the one on Parnell street and never had a problem with my suits. It was the first time I had an issue.

Jofspring wrote: »
    I left a suit into that dry cleaners in dooradoyle and they ruined it. I only spotted it a few hours before the wedding as I left it in the cover so had to rush and buy a new suit last minute. They told me there was nothing they could do, that it wasn't their fault, that it must have been a cheap suit and thats why it went wrong. I usually go to the one on Parnell street and never had a problem with my suits. It was the first time I had an issue.

Oh no way! :( My partner's mother left a duvet cover (somewhat delicate one) into the other dry cleaners in Dooradoyle (next to the hospital) and it came back shrunken and with bleach stains.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Oh no way! :( My partner's mother left a duvet cover (somewhat delicate one) into the other dry cleaners in Dooradoyle (next to the hospital) and it came back shrunken and with bleach stains.

I'm involved with a football team and have had awful trouble with dry cleaners in Limerick shrinking the match day gear and using bleach to get out stains. Have ended up having to do it ourselves to avoid issues. Kit is pretty expensive also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Louche Lad

Jofspring wrote: »
    We've used that Parnell St one for years and also never had a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone care to cast an eye over the list here and see what they think?

https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living/limerick

Moving to Limerick from Dublin soon and trying to get an idea of the likely cost of living differences besides rent...

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I can't see why any of the prices would be different, maybe apart from services (less competition)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

keane2097 wrote:
    Anyone care to cast an eye over the list here and see what they think?

A lot of it is too low.

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. Couldn't get it sorted in less than 24 hours so I improvised.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Where would be the best place to get short-term use of a strimmer? The gardens here are gone way out of hand for the little lawn-mower, and I want to get the front and back looking well before the end of the weekend. They're only small gardens though, so I don't want to spend too much on hiring machinery when I'll only be using it for 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

I can't see why any of the prices would be different, maybe apart from services (less competition)

Are you saying you don't think clothes, entertainment, groceries, fuel etc vary in price between Dublin and Limerick?

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭OfTheMarsWongs

The council seem to have a contractor out burning Japanese knotweed. Saw them on the Island Bank earlier with a mobile incinerator.

Hope they stop it spreading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

An File wrote: »
    Where would be the best place to get short-term use of a strimmer? The gardens here are gone way out of hand for the little lawn-mower, and I want to get the front and back looking well before the end of the weekend. They're only small gardens though, so I don't want to spend too much on hiring machinery when I'll only be using it for 30 minutes.

There's a tool hire place up by the train station heading towards Carey's Road, they've been good to me before when hiring stuff for a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Long shot I know, but If anyone selling tickets to Hermitage Green on Sunday at King Johns Castle please PM me :) I need two!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Not sure if this should go here or the takeaway thread, feel free to move it mods. Went into Fusco's chipper across the way from the Market's Field a few weeks back before Limerick vs Finn Harps. Your man behind the counter, who I assume runs the place, was so cold and ignorant towards my brother and I (who were both wearing Limerick gear, it's not as if we were decked in Harps merch) that it was unreal. Food was meh too and I wouldn't bother going in there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Not sure if this should go here or the takeaway thread, feel free to move it mods. Went into Fusco's chipper across the way from the Market's Field a few weeks back before Limerick vs Finn Harps. Your man behind the counter, who I assume runs the place, was so cold and ignorant towards my brother and I (who were both wearing Limerick gear, it's not as if we were decked in Harps merch) that it was unreal. Food was meh too and I wouldn't bother going in there again.

Give them an auld review on Google or Tripadvisor if you're review is honest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Why isnt the new House bar using the outside during the great weather?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

bigpink wrote: »
    Why isnt the new House bar using the outside during the great weather?

Because when the Council 'refurbished' the quays they totally messed up the design. For no good reason they maintained two lanes for traffic here when they should have provided very wide footpaths instead. Then businesses would be able to put tables and chairs outside.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement