Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Birdie086 wrote: »
    want to share some good news, after being made redundant three and a half years ago, spending a year on the dole, spending two on a FAs scheme, got a part time job just before summer, just been promoted to manager in said job. woohoo, back in the game at last.

Fair play Birdie. I can remember some of your posts a year or so ago about you being out of work, so it is great to hear of good news on your end. It is never bad to hear of folks getting work and with luck it will be only the first step towards things getting better and better for ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

On average 100 people coke to death each year on ball point pens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

On average 100 people coke to death each year on ball point pens

Sure why d'ya think they put the holes in the lids on bic pens dude? :)

Pencil ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Christmas lights being put up in town!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Christmas lights being put up in town!!

They have been going up for 1.5 weeks or so already. I'm interested to know if they fixed the Patrick St one that is supposed to say "Welcome to Limerick". Last year it said "We c me o Lim ric"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Well, don't forget the one thats been up for a few months :P And then another one that was up for about 3 weeks :P

Just in Argos in the cresent there a minute ago.. ****ing hell the service in there is shocking today! Took them 15 minutes to get me a memory key that was behind the person serving me origionally because they 'couldn't find them' and the one behind the counter threw my money and my recipt at me! ****ing hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Just in Argos in the cresent there a minute ago.. ****ing hell the service in there is shocking today! Took them 15 minutes to get me a memory key that was behind the person serving me origionally because they 'couldn't find them' and the one behind the counter threw my money and my recipt at me! ****ing hell!

bit early for that sort of carry on out there isn't it.

Maybe the sunday before christmas when its thronged with people you may accept that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,815 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Is there really every any good time to accept having your change and receipt thrown at you?

no you're right but when its busy and what not you'll accept the slight knockdown in service just to get out of there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Ah Argos. Thankfully they installed the Self Service machines. Now I don't have to queue anymore and waste time getting offered batteries for an item that doesn't need batteries. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

let a fella across the road at singland roundabout today......he gave me the vulcan salute...

obviously a tourist.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

let a fella across the road at singland roundabout today......he gave me the vulcan salute...

obviously a tourist.....

i dare you post that in the "weird lights in the sky" thread! :p

The first time electric Christmas tree lights were used was 1882 but didn't become popular till 1900
    Before that candles were used

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

The first time electric Christmas tree lights were used was 1882 but didn't become popular till 1900

You're full of info

• Registered Users Posts: 4,831 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Xmas Lights on William Street this year are attached to the poles like they are on Bedford Row! So whoever said that's the reason they were up on Thomas Street in like July was correct! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

what are you up to?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Conor Bourke

zuroph wrote: »
    what are you up to?

Waffling randomly?

zuroph wrote: »

what are you up to?

I do believe this is a random tread so I'm been random lol lol very random

when are the lads going on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I refuse to knowledge Christmas until December 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Voy

You do seem like more of a halloween person though.

I refuse to knowledge Christmas until December 24.

thank christ im not the only one, i cant abide by all the hype and people that go around saying "ah sure christmas is for kids" while you have tv advertisements blathering on about having a sofa or blinds delivered "in time for christmas"!

last time i checked,santa doesnt come in through the window, so he wont notice the new blinds, and he certainly wont have time to park his butt on my new sofa! :|

*throws half a lump of coal on the fire*, bah, humbug... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I hope that's smokeless coal.

I hope that's smokeless coal.

oh stop, haha, you're after reminding me of mental images of that new airtricity advert, *cringe* :(

*awaits whistlingtitan to post some random trivia about fossil fuels* :D

xsiborg wrote: »
    oh stop, haha, you're after reminding me of mental images of that new airtricity advert, *cringe* :(

*awaits whistlingtitan to post some random trivia about fossil fuels* :D

In 2006 primary sources of energy consisted of petroleum 36.8%, coal 26.6%, and natural gas 22.9%, amounting to an 86% share for fossil fuels in primary energy production in the world. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Is there really every any good time to accept having your change and receipt thrown at you?

Nope - but up in Bushmills Distillery few years ago it happened to us. Once they heard the southern accents - receipt and credit card were thrown back on the counter to us. Not a thank you or a good-bye. &*()(*s!

John Philip Holland and Irish man built the first proper submarine in 1897 called Holland 1

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

John Philip Holland and Irish man built the first proper submarine in 1897 called Holland 1

Any random facts about Limerick or the Munster region? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Any random facts about Limerick or the Munster region? :)

The first ever talkee movie shown in Europe was shown in Mungret!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement