Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

Not really at the moment, gonna give the patch a bash before my sub runs out on the 9th and if I suddenly find that the game is awesome I'll re-sub. I tend to log on these days and just log off within 10 minutes. Hoping this patch changes that though!

Way more interested in the expansion than anything else. Hoping we get info on that soon! What server are you on? I'll jump on there and say hi!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

At the moment there are 5 hundred thousand players im one hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

The full patch notes have been released now. Servers down for 25hrs from Today until Tomorrow while all this is added. Fair chunk going in all the same.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/69e2c959d2e9285fd541e7f5f70fb8139b3464da

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

To be honest I don't think it really changes much- in terms of actual gameplay you will still just be farming a few dungeons to reach your soldiery cap on a day-to-day basis. In a few weeks when the Echo buff gets applied to Coil and people get overgeared from the new equipment, things might get more fun as more people get to experience that content.

TBH I am most excited in the new dance emotes over any of the other stuff!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I had a 6 month subscription to this great game but I cannot subscribe any further because square enix's terrible payment system won't allow me to.

I have tried 4 credit cards, every one of them return an error 406 when trying to pay, I also tried to buy crysta on the website and it returns a different error number. Customer support by web text an email is also down for the past 2 weeks and their UK phone support is inactive since April 28th, what is going on with this game, ive tried over 10 times to continue paying for this game but no matter what I try it wont let me. anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement

Not me but try amazon for a game card or maybe Gamestop have them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Ive never seen a game card onsale in Ireland, even if they were it works out much more expensive than crysta/credit card. 2 months for 25/30 euro instead of 6 months for 65 euro.

has anyone here used these guys to buy 60 days game time? Seems a very good deal, 18 euro for 60 days. http://www.instant-gaming.com/en/237-buy-key-final-fantasy-xiv-a-realm-reborn-card-60-day/

Any of you guys in a Free Company or with a group that is actively pushing on Coil 2 turns (7-9) Managed to PUG my way halfway through T8 and doing T6 / T7 every week with randoms is torture. Likely look to transfer server if i could play with some Irish / EU folk that run at good times.

Legacy 1.0 player with all at 50. WHM/SCH/PLD/BRD are my mains all i90+. Let me know thanks :)

I'm only just getting back into the game Mark, don't know how much Coil I'll be running. I've still only completed turn 2 so far. Just haven't been pushed to do it! I'll let you know if I do get up and running though! I normally play EST times though as that is where most of my friends who play it live!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I renewed my sub last night and really enjoying it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

I used to really like but i got shouted at 3 times in a story dungeon and got any so I got angry said **** you and didnt renew my sub

Barry that sucks dude! I think the English servers are really struggling to have any sort of community, it seems to almost be a LoL community where if one thing goes wrong you are a n00b and rage just flows! I might be wrong in that but that is my experience of the duty finder and the open world as well (although not as much)

I hope you find your way back into the game at some point and find a group that you can enjoy content with and just enjoy the game!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I used to really like but i got shouted at 3 times in a story dungeon and got any so I got angry said **** you and didnt renew my sub

Thats sucks Barry,I've come across quite a few noob heads myself ,ignore them,don't let them ruin the game for ya.

What level do you have to be to do a guildhest?

10 I think is the first one, I could be wrong though!

Shaneoh wrote: »
    10 I think is the first one, I could be wrong though!

Where do you go to get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Where do you go to get them?

This would be the first one.
    http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Basic_Training:_Enemy_Parties

You go to a camp near your starting city where there is a Lv10 LeveQuests and there should be a quest or something there that unlocks Guildhests.

Is it possible to see how many monsters you've killed?or how many levels/guildhests you've done?

Yea if you go to your Achievements section there is definately a count of how many mobs you have killed. Check the battle section. THere is a big achievement for 100,000 enemies killed you get a gold crown or something but its broken down into 5,000, 10,000, 20,000, 50,000, 100,000 i think.

As Mark said, currently no way to see if you have killed more than 100k I think. So I have no idea what I'm at but probably only about 5k over the 100 mark

• Advertisement

Cheers lads ! Trying to get all the trophies :p

I'm the same bro, working on achievements onry pretty much!

You guys been doing beastmen dailies.. So fed up of then. Doing Amalja and Sahaigan side by side.. Only half way through each. Need them mounts..

Anyone watch any of the live letter?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d62olOCE_vHWXivac3CtF6XB3vGk_wSFs-jHvIv4EwA/preview?sle=true

It was a live translation of sorts but plenty of pictures taken of some stuff about 2.28 update and then the new 2.3 patch. Only half of the new content was released as the rest is being saved for E3. Pretty much gonna announce the new classes / jobs. People pretty sure it is going to be Thief and Ninja.

Nah, I kinda started them back up but find them really really boring! Like total waste of time! (even though I have been trying to fish up silver sovereign haha)

I brought a pick axe to mine and in my inventory theirs a big X over it so I can't equip it :confused:

If you are lower than the level you won't be able to equip it. If you are just starting mining you need to buy a weathered pickaxe

If you are lower than the level you won't be able to equip it. If you are just starting mining you need to buy a weathered pickaxe

I picked up a plumed bronze pickaxe,say it lv 14 min I'm lv 16.

:EDIT: I picked up a weathered pick axe and still can't equip it.

Have you done the quest to unlock it? Think thats part and parcel you need to do a quest first with the guild. Should be in Uldah

^ that too

• Advertisement

MarkJD wrote: »
    Have you done the quest to unlock it? Think thats part and parcel you need to do a quest first with the guild. Should be in Uldah
    ^ that too

I eventually figured it out *facepalm*

Advertisement