Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy 14 (FFXIV)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

What was it ? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MarkJD wrote: »
    What was it ? :)

I had to go to the guild and accept the quest -_-

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Shaneoh

Glad you got it sorted dude :D Enjoy the mining!

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭jaxdasher

Summer holidays being here, I thought I'd waste it away on this game. Anyone here on the Odin server to help out a nub sometime?

jaxdasher wrote: »
    Summer holidays being here, I thought I'd waste it away on this game. Anyone here on the Odin server to help out a nub sometime?

I just transferred my character to Midgardsormr with a couple of friends but still don't find myself logging in as much as I did in 1.0! Crazy world!!

How is everyone enjoying the game at the moment? Was hoping for news of the expansion from E3 but it was not too be!

Just in case anyone missed this at E3 though! Coming in patch 2.4 (probably sometime around October I'd imagine!)

I can't post video's it seems but anyway! Go to Youtube and type in FFXIV Ninja :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭TheBandicoot

Still playing, like all games it is fun with friends. I have fun just doing my roulettes, raiding for a couple of hours, helping people with stuff, and completing the Zodiac books in my free time. It will only get better as time goes on.

Trying to download patch 2.3 on UPC and it is insanely slow, 14 hours remaining for a 1.5GB download. Anyone else having problems?

got mine earlier no problem

Got mine no problem as well an hour before servers were meant to go online

Fair enough. It eventually took about an hour and a half, it sped up as it went on. Bad peering somewhere between UPC and SE I guess- I have had experiences in the past where certain downloads just operate at a crawl for some reason.

Great post-patch excitement buzz on the server last night. Only had time to do the new ST- the bad attitudes were fully out in force, and I still don't fully get the mechanics but it seemed fun enough, just really really easy- there was almost no damage to heal and all our wipes came from 1hko! I'm also not sure what the longterm point of doing ST is for someone in my position who is already i99- is it just grinding for a weekly sands/oil of time?

• Advertisement

Me and a group of friends went into ST last night and we wiped on the first boss along with everyone else in the alliance. Then guess what popped up, "vote to leave instance"

Haha people are so stupid, someone left when it failed. Second boss, died again. Exact same thing. Killed him second time.

Same for 3rd as well. What is peoples issue with dying in raids these days. If it isn't a speed run it is not worth it lol.

It is a fun dungeon and is easy to heal.... unless everyone is standing in the crap haha.

Fan Festival in London on Saturday 25th October, tickets €80 on sale this Thursday 9am to active subscribers(you should get an email on Wednesday), 31st July general sales.

Was considering going(will see what my FC members are doing, most of them are in the UK anyway), but I'm not hugely familiar with the logistics of a trip like this- was thinking fly out on Friday, book a hotel for Friday and Saturday nights, spend Sat at the event and Sun seeing sights/visiting Forbidden Planet, etc etc, fly back Sunday evening? What's a good price for that kind of trip?

Got my ticket today. Apparently the VIP tickets sold out almost instantly. Wasn't too interested in getting one myself, got a standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Got my ticket today. Apparently the VIP tickets sold out almost instantly. Wasn't too interested in getting one myself, got a standard.

I got in at 10:00 and got my VIP ticket. When I went back to the page after I payed, it said that the tickets had sold out.

Apparently, it only took 8 seconds for the VIP tickets to sell out.

Congrats so!

Nice one lads! Hope you guys enjoy it. I got two tickets for the Vegas show. US forum i post on one of the users who has a NA account wanted to go the UK show so we swapped codes. Moving to Vancouver in a few weeks so will be a handy flight.

Dont think there was any VIP tickets for the US show so im sure that will be great. Looking forward to seeing some pictures etc.

Regarding the game its just completely bad timing for me on 2.3 have no time to play for about 4 weeks now with the move and sorting everything out so im completely out of hte loop and behind. Hadnt beaten T8 to that point and tehre is so much more content now. Seems daunting for when i return.

How are you guys finding some of the new stuff? Any of you in a US FC or has some groups that run at PST times?

I'm in a US FC but we are EST (well I'm not but whatever) and we are super casual! Kinda only do stuff once a week and haven't even looked in at Coil yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

Hey guys does anyone ever use the map chat in FF14 I play guild wars 2 also and the map chat does be alive it makes it fun but in FF14 I find its not used at all much. How come? and am i missing something?

I never use Map chat, sometimes /shout but rare enough. I think people in xiv like to talk in /say or in guild chats more than anything else. At least that is my experience!

No, everyone talks in linkshells and FC(guild) chat. /sh and /y are really only for recruitment, asking for a res, announcing hunt marks, that kind of thing. TBH most players would find it irritating to have their chat log spammed by a lot of zone chat and would tell you to take it to a private channel.

As for why? Guess it's just the game design, you don't need to talk to randoms out in the field. If you need a party for an activity you can use DF or PF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Barrythe chopper

No, everyone talks in linkshells and FC(guild) chat. /sh and /y are really only for recruitment, asking for a res, announcing hunt marks, that kind of thing. TBH most players would find it irritating to have their chat log spammed by a lot of zone chat and would tell you to take it to a private channel.

As for why? Guess it's just the game design, you don't need to talk to randoms out in the field. If you need a party for an activity you can use DF or PF.

Do you not think that make the game which is an mmo kinda lonely there are lots of people playing it any time i go to a city its swamped but it just feels like its empty when you see no in game chat

Do you not think that make the game which is an mmo kinda lonely there are lots of people playing it any time i go to a city its swamped but it just feels like its empty when you see no in game chat

Doesn't feel lonely at all to me, there are always at least 30 people chatting away in my FC, 7 or 8 of us on TeamSpeak, I can jump into pretty much any dungeon in less than 3 minutes and play with other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Anybody still playing this here?

I joined about a week ago on the free trial and upgraded within a few days. I'm loving the story and graphics in this game, I've never felt so immersed in an mmo before. The combat seems a bit lacking, but that's only because I came from wildstars action combat.

I'm on the Cerberus server if anybody else is on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Anybody still playing this here?

I joined about a week ago on the free trial and upgraded within a few days. I'm loving the story and graphics in this game, I've never felt so immersed in an mmo before. The combat seems a bit lacking, but that's only because I came from wildstars action combat.

I'm on the Cerberus server if anybody else is on it.

You probably haven't hit 50 yet on your main class and you won't get all your abilities until then. I haven't played WildStar, so I can't comment on the combat of that game.

I'm also on Cerberus. I mainly log in to chat and help a couple of newer players out with a few things. I'm Crakila Fors'ee. Drop me a /tell if you need assistance with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Still playing and going strong. A series of massive patches coming out then the first expansion in late Spring. Just started levelling a ninja, loving it.

Still playing here. I moved to Midgardsormr after being on Excalibur. Needed to get into a PST timezone. Currently progressing through Turn 13 hopefully have it down in the next week or so.

Game has lots to offer from casual to weekly raid clears. Plenty of ways to gear up etc. Patch looks great. Shame a group of us arent on the same server :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'm on an American server 'Sargatanas', which is grand 'cos it's full of English speakers and it runs smoothly on that server. This game is great. Currently maining Paladin, and will be giving Dark Knight a go when Heavensward drops. Can't wait for Triple Triad.

@Eoin: The gameplay at lvl50 when doing the extremes & coil's of Bahumut is very demanding, but it's edge of your seat kinda stuff. The gameplay is outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

After hitting 50 this week I can say that the combat and fight mechanics does improve towards the end game and I'm having a blast! Haven't been this into a game since my early days of wow back in 2007/2008.

I'm very disappointed that I can't participate in housing though as it has always been one of my favourite aspects of mmos. The cheapest plot of land on my server is about 12,000,000 Gil, I don't know how I'm ever going to have enough money for that :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Anyone get the expansion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Anyone get the expansion?

Yes, but my laptops off getting repaired :-(

Advertisement