Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst accent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

The monaghan one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 cummins_ellen

Although I am from drogheda I must agree it isn't the nicest accent ...However in Drogheda today I was just sitting there eatting my chips and crystal swing walked in for a bit to eat ...The whole place were doing their best to keep in their laughter :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭filthymcnasty

Germans talking sound like their arguing all the time when they are probably just saying hows it going.
    also 'hoi oim moichael mocmullen' ..aaaargh

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Melion wrote: »
    The duurty dooblin accent

And Jackie Healey-Rae too
    laave jackie heeally rae alone, he and i have the same accent, and i am damn proud of mine, so shoo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Melion wrote: »
    And Jackie Healey-Rae too

Where's me cap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Benny Lava

unknown13 wrote: »
    The monaghan one

Really? That's one of the most popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

unknown13 wrote: »
    Where's me cap?
    tis where you left it

• Registered Users Posts: 24,015 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

sdonn wrote: »
    I hate Aussie accents. They sound, I dunno, so forced and drawling. Like they're choking on something...and I have a load of Aussie relatives who would kill me for saying that but its true!

I can just about tolerate Aussie accents, but just want to punch New Zealanders. They could be saying nice things to me, but they just incite me to violence with every twisted vowel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

The american accent that kids nationwide have picked up from watching too much of 'The Hills' and other muck, they parade around calling each other a 'douche' and a 'jerk'.

It's a step up from the 'Oh my Gods!' and saying 'like' at every opportunity, it's pandemic

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭pipelaser

I agree with Drogheda, closely followed by Dundalk, The Louth county is particularly retarded as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭terlywerly

Drogheda probably tops the list, but I'm in Sligo for a few weeks and I have to say the accent is terrible!! I don't even know how you would describe it.
    Sorry Sligo people but its pretty bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

In England, and apologies in advance to Tom, but fúck me the brum accent is awful. In fairness, Nottingham is even worse though. I also hate that raspy "ohhh I did a gap year and have a nose ring and smoke white widow at glastonbury and have dreadlocks but my accountant parents think it's disgusting but i'm a free spirit" accent. Didn't know how else to describe it.

Over here, definitely Drawdaaa, closely followed by the fake teenage girl DORT accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

caseyann wrote: »
    I take it that points to where you live :D

Nope ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭Taco Corp

Cavan (especially on the women), Donegal, Monaghan, Derry, Cork, Kerry, D4, those that aren't from D4 but try to sound like they are, Manchester, Geordie, Liverpool and most American accents. I think that'll do

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Wade in the Sea

Scandanavian accents, just from complete jealousy of their uncanny ability to speak better English than the majority of natural English speakers

Who cares what they sound like.... when they look the way they do...Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Brummy accent. I've had people laugh in my face before purely because of my accent.

Not good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Dudess wrote: »
    D4 - every time I hear it, I die a little inside.

Oh definitley. That and the brit accent that you hear in the cheap english bars when your in spain. I cannot describe it but its like yeeeaaauuuhhh I am a lager lout.. I dont have a problem with any other accents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

the man installing my sky dish asked me where i was from, he then remarked i had "a bastardized waterford accent"

i live on corks northside by the way..but previously lived in other counties in munster..:D

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

I also hate that raspy "ohhh I did a gap year and have a nose ring and smoke white widow at glastonbury and have dreadlocks but my accountant parents think it's disgusting but i'm a free spirit" accent. Didn't know how else to describe it.

Something similar to the south dublin surfer yuppie brigade we do have a lot of up my way i would say, gimps the lot of them

• Registered Users Posts: 563 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭eamo12

Normally I'd say the inner Dub accent, but I heard a bunch of young Irish-africans today in Limerick. Sounded like they were born here but had that awful hood accent mixed with a Limerick drawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭allprops

Love the drogheda accent. Lived there for ten years. "giv us a sta ba and a ma's ba". worst accent ever must be Maria Doyle Kennedy's Spanish accent in the Tudors. Horrendous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

allprops wrote: »
    Love the drogheda accent. Lived there for ten years. "giv us a sta ba and a ma's ba". worst accent ever must be Maria Doyle Kennedy's Spanish accent in the Tudors. Horrendous.

Isnt the girl out of pure mule or the programme about the restraunt from up there. I love her accent. All she would have to do for me is sit on the bed and keep talkin.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

without a doubt, south Dublin. I was in Monkstown for the day and my blood lust was aroused multiple times

caseyann wrote: »
    Out of curiosity how many Dublin accents do you think there is?:p

I was referring to the North-side one (which is probably not just confined to the North-side). I would only be familiar with these ones...The main Dublin accent which is just horrible, I just think of heroin when I hear it. Then there is the Anglo-Irish one spoken by Garret Fitzgerald (is this the actual one spoken in D4?) The American/D4 one which is not exclusive to Dublin. Heck! I probably have a bit of it myself. Then there is the normal one which has a hint of the North-side but actually sounds respectable.

I'm from County Cork, but go to college in Cork city. I like to think I have a neutral accent with a hint of the Cork accent.

I must hear the Drogheda one. I actually like the Dundalk one. I like a lot of accents, I can do a lot of accents too. Someone mentioned the accents of the people on the Jeremy Kyle show, truly disgusting. I like the Geordie and Yorkshire accent though. I love the accent of Judy Geller (Ross and Monica's mother) in Friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    Dublin accent is probably the worst, ye all sound like scum bags.

Yes but at least we know the plural of the word "you" without having to invent a new word altogether. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭christ on a bike!

Yes but at least we know the plural of the word "you" without having to invent a new word altogether. ;)

Boards.ie now ye're talking

I think someone was giving out about Miriam O' Callaghan's accent earlier. This is hilarious! I can't post it normally, can somebody tell me how to. Please!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUv8iq9iPr0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

"Ye" is perfectly acceptable, so long as it is followed by a very loud and piercing "HAW"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 guybague

The Wast Balfast accent. Especially on a woman.

Advertisement