Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst accent?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cork, like.

Cant stand it, ****in langers.

If you're from Cork you end your sentences in a high note!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭Cheap Thrills!

D4 or skanger are both teeth grittingly hard to listen to :rolleyes::mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

any irish outside of dublin......we should have pssed laws years ago to force them to wear somthing like a muzzle to stop them using their under developed vocal cords

sheep-shagger-5-kl.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

D4 or skanger are both teeth grittingly hard to listen to :rolleyes::mad:

WHICH ARE YOU?:D.....OR DOES IT VARY DEPENDING ON WHO YOUR TALKING TO.........CHILD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Sue Rocks

Dublin scumbag "bleeeeedin wha" or Cork are the runaway winners for me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

uvox wrote: »
    Vincent Browne held a competition in 2002 (I think), while he was standing in for Pat Kenny on Radio 1 during Pat's holidays one summer to find the worst accent in Ireland. I believe the winner was the accent from Ardee, Co Louth.

Have to agree with that one..

Absolutely brutal accent..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Chris Barry's (dunno if he's still on radio)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭reeta

It has to be the Drogheda accent.. they sound so thick !!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hmm looks like I'm going to have to keep my lazy Southside drawl to myself at the next beers ;)

At least it's not an extreme Southside accent- I don't say dorsh but sometimes I don't fully manage the "ow" sound in words like "round" and there's a slight "raind" to it (only slight, mind you!). The more I drink the more D4 I become. I'm sure if you graphed "number of Oh My God's" per sentence versus units of alcohol consumed it'd be proportional!

The most annoying Irish accents have to be either the really thick country accents from the general south of the country- I'm thinking Tipperary in particular- or the "Traditional" Dublin accent- the kind you'd hear on Moore St. or henry St. wrecks my head. That said, I do like the way the ladies in the cafeteria in work say "luv" and "darling"- makes me feel special :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Poll needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Oh also Asians speaking English with a heavy accent (i.e. not raised through English or having attended international schools). Heavy Chinese/ Japanese etc. accents are pretty irritating to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,272 ✭✭✭Barna77

Spanish speaking English. Het sounz horybull I theenk. and all that lisping gets on my knackers!
    Irish speaking Spanish :rolleyes: :D

Agreed on Dub inner city and Cork, like.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Pat D. Almighty

jd007 wrote: »
    Jedward

/thread

I definitely think Jedward have taken the mid-Atlantic accent to the next level.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Cinful

Rural Texas drawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭GTE

Rachel Allen again. . . Another ad on the TV and another reason to get rid of Mr. Hooks favourite Sky!

George Hook is another one, its like he constantly has a cold and when he sniffs my gag reflex kicks in. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Hate the Welsh and D4 accents with a vengeance:(. Welsh people sound like they're singing the whole time, most f**king annoying. And Cheryl Cole or Tweedy or whatever's accent, its a pity as she's so pretty. Apart from the D4 accent , there isn't any other Irish accent I find annoying. Sad to see the Waterford / Tramore accent getting a slagging :(

Sobs silently to herself, for her children....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 master_chief

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭why so serious?

North Cork or Monaghan!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

The Northern accent demonstrates its strength by influencing other species linguistic abilities........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Sitec

Carlow, laaaaaaad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

there is this urban irish middle class accent which sounds heavily influenced by US TV that alot the school kids speak all over the country I think we can all agree that is quiet annoying

ohmyGawd like(loike)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LC2010HIS

Dublin, Austrialia and Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

North Cork or Monaghan!!
    Which part of North Cork? Thats a county in itself. Are we talking the Mallow accent? - which is your more stereotypical Cork accent, or are we talking Fermoy? - which is more of a rural accent, or maybe you're referring to Mitchelstown? - which is a mishmash of a North Cork-South Limerick-West Tipp accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

73Cat wrote: »
    And Cheryl Cole or Tweedy or whatever's accent, its a pity as she's so pretty.

Is that just Cheryl Cole/Tweedy's accent or the geordie accent as a whole;)

Got to be the Birmingham accent for me, think Timothy Spall as Barry in Auf Wiedersehen Pet!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Scouse.

Squeaky, irritating twats.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,535 ✭✭✭Raekwon

Anyone who says/writes "Ye" instead of "You"

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭NoHornJan

The Vuvuzela accent, can't understand a word of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Wexford, Liverpool, Rachel Allen and that twat from the Nicotinell ads:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 deadshark

My own accent when I hear myself in a video. Awful.

Advertisement