Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

well lads.. can you help me with this one..

i need to change my captain but cant find it on the settings???

Go to your tactics page and just above the team selection (the pitch view layout) is a drop down menu with 'formation' highlighted and an arrow pointing down ... Captain is the fourth option down

Just played 4 and a half months and my game crashed. Not a single save for the duration. And I spent a good 20 minutes re-negotiating contracts.... and there's no emergency save file to be found....

fuuuuuuu.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

probably should have made a save along the way i guess

Would've been the smart thing to do :/

Started a new game with Liverpool with an editor file that gives me Downing, Henderson, Adam, Enrique at the start of the season with Cole going to Spurs for £5million :D :pac:

Also added Stanley Park as a stadium that we'll move into in 2015. Capacity is 75,000 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Just played 4 and a half months and my game crashed. Not a single save for the duration. And I spent a good 20 minutes re-negotiating contracts.... and there's no emergency save file to be found....

fuuuuuuu.png

You'll use rolling saves now...

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    You'll use rolling saves now...

Other than this morning I always do. Tend to save every four/six weeks, but for some reason, this time I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Other than this morning I always do. Tend to save every four/six weeks, but for some reason, this time I didn't.

I constantly find myself pressing CTRL + S out of fear of that happening :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I save before every game, dont know how many times I had to leave during a match and I'd lose a few weeks in-game time. Nothing more annoying!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭mcw92

Right so finished the 23/24 season with Burnley.
    Won European Cup, Premiership, Fa Cup and League Cup.
    Scored 130 goals in the Prem.
    Top goalscorer: Andrea Ubaldi : 56 league goals(22 assists,21 mom), 85 goals altogether(57 games)
    Hes some man!
    Ive won the following :
    European Cup : 4 (twice in a row)
    Prem : 5 (4 times in a row)
    Euro Cup : 1
    Fa Cup : 2
    Club World Champ : 2
    Euro Super Cup : 3
    nPower Champ : 1
    League Cup : 3
    Community Shield : 4

Records :
    20 games won in a row
    32 games without losing
    8 games without conceding

Had a rule of no players over 30 around season 12/13.
    Havnt broken it since, when a players reached 28 his career at burnley is nearly over. Even if he is world class he is gone. At one stage the oldest player on my team(inclu reserves) was 25.(He is now sold :P)
    Also big on wages, only 3 players on the team are over 90,000.
    One of them is 28..he'll begone next season.

Also some stats:
    Stating Defense line cost under 13m..all world class stars now with combined value of 57m.
    Startin Mid line cost under ~24m, all world class stars now with combined value of 64m.

Heres Ubaldi btw :D
    wa0bwm.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Thats something i think they should do away with, or restrict in some way so people cant cheat. The add manager should be looked at in some way, then people couldnt take over teams and ensure they lose

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Had to start a new game,last hard drive went belly up,so new game now,decided to have a go with a league 2 team,picked Wycombe Wanderers,got off to a good start but slowly things started to go pear shaped,pressure was on,finally started to turn things around but what happened next I got my P45.

Unemployed for a bit but now have taken over Gillingham FC,I usually dont manage lower league clubs but its interesting trying to find bargains,any tips on what tactics work best,Ive been try to play short passing,and set match instructions to keep possession and pass to feet but I think now a more direct style might be more suited.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Been a while since I've played. I didn't bother starting a new game after I stopped my Sligo Rovers save.

Booting it back up now. Going to activate some North African, Middle Eastern and Asian countries and see where I land a job!

Edit: I am now managing Raja de Beni Mallal in the Moroccan 2nd Division. 4 regen players and a 7k wage budget. Lets do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

The FM gods are shining down on me this season. Absolutely annihilating Siere B!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Having a magnificent first half of the season with Torquay. Having being tipped to finish bottom of League 1, currently 4th in the table. Went on a brilliant 6 game winning run including a 3rd round win in the FA Cup at home to Premier League Cardiff despite playing 70+ minutes with 10 men. Sadly the board just sold my best player, Paul Jose M'Poku for £975,000. If anyone is looking for a striker for the lower leagues, keep an eye out for Kevin Vergerolle, scored 8 in 6 games. Also I despise work permits!

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

Just started a new game with all leagues from all countries loaded.

Decided to go with two managers. One unemployed with no past experience, and one managing Liverpool with international experience.

I usually just go with the unemployed manager, but I thought I would have a go at both levels to make it more interesting.

How quick is the game? As in does it take long to move from day to day? Even with the usual 8 leagues I play with it takes an eternity. I blame my laptop rather than the game...

How quick is the game? As in does it take long to move from day to day? Even with the usual 8 leagues I play with it takes an eternity. I blame my laptop rather than the game...

Slow. :P

I don't mind though as I browse the internet while the game is progressing. Otherwise, it would be unplayable tbh.

FYG wrote: »
    Slow. :P

I don't mind though as I browse the internet while the game is progressing. Otherwise, it would be unplayable tbh.

Hehehe... gathered as much. Even with 8 leagues going its snail pace, and watch a few movies while its progressing.

I think I'll wait until I've either a new more powerful laptop or build a computer before attempting to run them all. Keep getting told by my laptop that it won't allow me to run them all and that I must deselect enough until I've less than a 70000 player database :(

One day... *sniff* one day...

Yeah, I just love the idea that there is a complete gameworld. I like that I can send a reserve player on loan to Bulgaria, and properly track his progress, instead of him just playing "invisible" games.

I just like the fact that there is a complete world of activity going on and everything is available to me should I want it.

• Advertisement

FYG wrote: »
    Yeah, I just love the idea that there is a complete gameworld. I like that I can send a reserve player on loan to Bulgaria, and properly track his progress, instead of him just playing "invisible" games.

I just like the fact that there is a complete world of activity going on and everything is available to me should I want it.

Yeah thats my reasoning for playing as many leagues as I'm allowed to as well. It's a proper active world of football and I can get a job anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Finished my first season with Beni Mellal last night. God, it's hard to get any decent player to join a Moroccan 2nd division team who's board just want you to enjoy the experience of playing in the Botola 2 :D.

Only had 4 players on a total of something like €300 p/w. Had a €7k wage budget though so I signed 21 players (17 in summer, 4 in January). Mostly signed were re-gens but I got in some 33+ year olds who were better than what I had. Ended up finishing 5th out of 16th which was great. Some of the teams below me were much better!

Looking forward to the second season now :)

I decided to stay unemployed as no jobs appealed to me. Just starting the league with Liverpool now and my unemployed manager is being linked with St. Pats - if their manager gets sacked.

I would definitely take that.

Trying to sign Aguero, the mofo wants 400k p/w and a 25m signing fee. I'll pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Yakult wrote: »
    Trying to sign Aguero, the mofo wants 400k p/w and a 25m signing fee. I'll pass.

I had that with him when I was Athletico and hes contract was nearly up, he wanted 350 grand a week, he eventually lowered his demands with about a month of his contract left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Promoted! Collapsed over the line in the end but managed to earn promotion to the Championship with Torquay. Went on a fantastic 9 game winning run to put ourselves in 2nd place. Next season will be a struggle considering the squad is one of the weakest in League 1 never mind the Championship. Eek!

Think I'm due a write up shortly, will wait til I'm done and just do a big fcuk off one!
    Recently just got to the 51 games unbeaten and still counting. Gonna try and get 100 :pac:

Yakult wrote: »
    Think I'm due a write up shortly, will wait til I'm done and just do a big fcuk off one!
    Recently just got to the 51 games unbeaten and still counting. Gonna try and get 100 :pac:

Watch that your players don't get too cocky... was on a great run of 64 undefeated or so in FM2010 before the players decided that they didn't have to play well to win our next one... we lost 1-0 and then went on a winless streak of 10 or so games. Arrogant bastards!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Lads is there anyway squads and years and stuff can be updated to reflect this seasons transfers and stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Lads is there anyway squads and years and stuff can be updated to reflect this seasons transfers and stuff?

Not sure about years but everything else can be done via custom updates, any I've tried have been really good:
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/editing/

Probably more sites around that do them also.

Advertisement