Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭FYG

How does it make a difference?

Like, if I have a transfer budget of 4 million and I buy a player for 4 million, with the payment over 36 months, then I will not have any transfer budget left. So, is that money not just used to pay the instalments when needed?

Or am I completely wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I was able to loan €50m worth of short term debt and i could have spent more. Financial controls arent what they should be in FM, careful with how you spend as you could end up with the club taking out a loan to assist cashflow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

FYG wrote: »
    How does it make a difference?

Like, if I have a transfer budget of 4 million and I buy a player for 4 million, with the payment over 36 months, then I will not have any transfer budget left. So, is that money not just used to pay the instalments when needed?

Or am I completely wrong?

If you had the payments over say 24 months only 2 million would be taken off your transfer budget for that season since the rest has been passed on to next year. So you still have the other 2 million.

Some managers would go on to spend that 2 million on another player while the other 2 million from the first player passes on to the following year on top of other expenses. This can lead to problems. Obviously if you decide not to spend the 2 million you had left after paying for the first player it would go to paying off what you owe and no problems ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

Daft question, but I tend to make all my transfers over 3 years with little or no fee upfront (apart from pesky agent/signing on fees)

Is there any way this can come back and haunt me?

Can i make a club go bust?!

Alot depends on club and chairman.Usually, Chairman injects cash to keep the club running or gets a loan that you have to pay back.

If you do run into trouble, then a takeover generally happens.You could possibly be replaced by the new board but its never happened to me so can't comment on it.

Generally, operating like that usually leads to reduced wages/budget for the following years if your losing money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I left the PC on last night with football manager open. The computer decided to reboot over night and I've no idea how much damage is done, FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Losing 3-0 away at Stoke, up steps Stephen Ireland.

6560986.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Messing around with a Celtic save whilst I wait for FM2012!

I'm looking to play a Barca style 4-1-2-2-1

I'm happy with my back 4, my anchor/defensive midfielder, wingers and striker. Its the 2 CM's and their dynamic that has me thinking and wondering how will I get get the best out of them against SPL sides that generally will park the bus

First choice midfielders are Paulo Henrique and Milan Badelj

Both players can play B2B, Advanced Playmaker (Support and Attack) with ease

Badelj can play Deep Lying Playmaker/Support

Which Dynamic would work best/replicate the Barca system

1) PH (AP/A) & MB (DLP/S)
    2) PH (AP/S) & MB (B2B)
    3) PH (AP/A) & MB (AP/S)

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Only picked this up on Friday. I had a bit of a practice season and I like the feel of it. It's much more in-depth than previous editions I've played. The latest I had was 09 but I was stuck on 07 for ages.

Just starting up a game with Bury now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Dempsey wrote: »
    Messing around with a Celtic save whilst I wait for FM2012!

I'm looking to play a Barca style 4-1-2-2-1

I'm happy with my back 4, my anchor/defensive midfielder, wingers and striker. Its the 2 CM's and their dynamic that has me thinking and wondering how will I get get the best out of them against SPL sides that generally will park the bus

First choice midfielders are Paulo Henrique and Milan Badelj

Both players can play B2B, Advanced Playmaker (Support and Attack) with ease

Badelj can play Deep Lying Playmaker/Support

Which Dynamic would work best/replicate the Barca system

1) PH (AP/A) & MB (DLP/S)
    2) PH (AP/S) & MB (B2B)
    3) PH (AP/A) & MB (AP/S)

Thoughts?

I'd be playing Deep Lying Play Maker Support and Advanced Playmaker Attack. Did it with Barcelona in a save file a while ago and it was absolutely devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I fear the worst as I tried to load the game yesterday and got the dreaded "cannot load saved game" box come up. is there anything that can be done or is it all over. i was in my 17th season....

• Advertisement

Highest scoring game I can ever remember seeing:
    aldershot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Just signed a 24 year old Mario Balotelli with Pro Vercelli... Bring on the banter :cool:

bury1.jpg

Words cannot describe how I felt after that match. It was quite unbelievable. As you can imagine, the post-match team-talk was "angry", though that really didn't feel like enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

I hope you did an Old Yeller on Moxey :D. Horrible stuff.

If it makes you happier my Hereford team are doing well. 16 games in the league and currently lying 8th. Sam Vokes and Jordan Cook upfront are doing fairly brilliant. Vokes has 9 goals, 2 assists and Cook has 10 goals and 6 assists. The 2 up front together have been brilliant, holding out Apostolos Vellios (Scored for Everton in the real world last week) who I am a fan of, but he hasn't had a chance at all.

Semi final 2nd leg. Threw away a 2-0 lead at home in the 1st leg so came into this knowing a win is needed. 1-0 down in the 90th min and things looked doomed. Until two quick fire goals put me in the final :D

screenshot20110926at181.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭menu14

Playing a game with Huddersfield at the moment. Going very well, in the Premiership after 4 seasons.

2010/2011: League 1 - 2nd (Promoted)
    2011/2012: Championship - 7th (Missed Playoffs by 2 Points)
    2012/2013: Championship - 5th (Won Playoffs - Promoted)
    2013/2014: Premier League - 13th

However, the game is beginning to annoy me now. I'm 2 games into the 2014/2015 season and was hammered 0-3 by Everton and 2-0 by Chelsea. The results aren't the worst but the fact that I haven't got past the 4th round in a cup (in 5 seasons) and was just brought to Extra Time by Notts County (L1) in the 2nd Round of the League Cup. It seems no matter how well I play my status isn't rising so its impossible to beat the big teams or do well in the Cups due to the AI. Has anyone experienced anything like this?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my board for selling both my centre backs at the same time a relegation release cause made me sell my goalkeeper. I now have to play an OAP in there. I think I have the keeper situation sorted. Only good thing to come of this is that the club is minted but as I'm now in ligue 2 nobody I can afford wants to sign up.

Lads, is there anyways to improve player concentration? My pre season report said my team had the worst concentration in the league. It's ****ing destroying me. I Dominate games and lose to soft goals. Like I just lost 3-2 in a game I dominated. All 3 of their goals were own goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

SantryRed wrote: »
    Lads, is there anyways to improve player concentration? My pre season report said my team had the worst concentration in the league.

Sign some players with high influence and mental attributes?

SantryRed wrote:
    Like I just lost 3-2 in a game I dominated. All 3 of their goals were own goals.

:pac:

I did something very stupid. Finished sixth in Ligue 1 which was enough to qualify for Europe. New season starts, can't see why I'm not in Europe, cue the penny dropping, go to see how many club trained players I have: 3, went out and found one free and another for 3k to make sure it doesn't happen next season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

anyone have any bargin buys, started with Roma only have 1.5 mil to spend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Luap

Theres a thread already about cheap players.

Lads any tips in relation to staff what I should and shouldn't do. With the pool 2nd season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Bigdeadlydave

Anyone prefer FM11 over FM12? I do, I just updated the squads.

Just started a new game, brought in Rivaldo, Pires, Materazzi (nostalgia FC! Think they will all still cut it, Rivaldo has been a beast in pre-season) and M. Diarra on frees for Celtic, also brought in Macheda on a season long loan.

I bought John Flanagan from liverpool too, paid way too much, hope he turns out top quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

FM encountered an error - after I spent an age scouting players!! Ugh why!!?

Did not get FM12 yet, still playing FM11, just wondering is it worth my while?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

It is

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Did not get FM12 yet, still playing FM11, just wondering is it worth my while?

I went back to playing it when I had no internet access, and I wouldnt go back by choice.
    Its mainly the little things that have improved for me apart from the better graphics.
    The squad depth report, the search filters are better, scout reports, the tactics screen. Stuff you do everytime is made just that bit easier.
    For under 20 euros now, its a steal

I went back to playing it when I had no internet access, and I wouldnt go back by choice.
    Its mainly the little things that have improved for me apart from the better graphics.
    The squad depth report, the search filters are better, scout reports, the tactics screen. Stuff you do everytime is made just that bit easier.
    For under 20 euros now, its a steal

I think I have another twenty odd years ahead of me in my current career, then I'll think about it. Is there a retirement age and has anybody here reached it?

Sold Berbatov for 7.25mil, the fans are delighted after his recent performances, I wonder does Alex Ferguson play FM? he might learn something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Trying to decide if starting with barca is a bit too easy?

I support them hence my dilemma.

I usually start with another manager unemployed too for lower league exploits.

Advertisement