Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah thats my reasoning for playing as many leagues as I'm allowed to as well. It's a proper active world of football and I can get a job anywhere.
    I see that they plan to allow you to add and remove active leagues during your game in the new FM. I'd imagine it would be an option you are given at the end of the season, due to the headaches doing so mid-season might bring, but I could be wrong.

Something I'm looking forward to anyway. I like the idea of being able to manage anywhere even after I've chosen my initial leagues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I see that they plan to allow you to add and remove active leagues during your game in the new FM. I'd imagine it would be an option you are given at the end of the season, due to the headaches doing so mid-season might bring, but I could be wrong.

Something I'm looking forward to anyway. I like the idea of being able to manage anywhere even after I've chosen my initial leagues.

Certainly will add a bit more variety to your game if you start off with one, two or even three leagues. Could also help with the longevity of your game. Sick of one league? Add another and move there. Sick of that one? Load up another and repeat ad nauseum... A great feature I think

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Barcelona just made an enquiry about Vermaelen. Doing what I always do, I responded by putting everything up to the maximum value as it usually scares them off and doesnt unsettle the player. They have accepted the terms and are now bidding £612,500,000!!!!! :eek: WTF?

I also put in a buy back fee of £1. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Watch that your players don't get too cocky... was on a great run of 64 undefeated or so in FM2010 before the players decided that they didn't have to play well to win our next one... we lost 1-0 and then went on a winless streak of 10 or so games. Arrogant bastards!! :pac:

I wouldn't mind, just lost against Man Utd away on my 53rd game, Phil Jones sabotaged me!! :mad: :p

Yakult wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind, just lost against Man Utd away on my 53rd game, Phil Jones sabotaged me!! :mad: :p

Own goal? Red card? Just make sure that's your last defeat and that it doesn't keep on going...

Tough to stop after a great run of wins like that. Morale took a serious nose dive for my team. Took until a scrappy 2-1 to bring them around, and by then I was out of the title picture :( Nabbed third, just. End of season win against the fourth placed team but, it should've been more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

any1 know where i can download the 2011 for less that 10 quid or close enough to it

Own goal? Red card? Just make sure that's your last defeat and that it doesn't keep on going...

Tough to stop after a great run of wins like that. Morale took a serious nose dive for my team. Took until a scrappy 2-1 to bring them around, and by then I was out of the title picture :( Nabbed third, just. End of season win against the fourth placed team but, it should've been more

Hernandez left him for dust, but he was slacking off!

All's good tho, next match I beat Arsenal 2-1 (just about) and back to winning ways again with 3 consecutive wins.

Gonna start a new game with the update I thinks!

Hernandez left him for dust, but he was slacking off!

All's good tho, next match I beat Arsenal 2-1 (just about) and back to winning ways again with 3 consecutive wins.

Gonna start a new game with the update I thinks!

Restarted one myself. Had an editor file done in late July for England and Germany. Redid one there Thursday for England only. Took soooo long to do. Had to trawl the web looking for correct prices for players and then having to guesstimate their contracts. Started it up Friday morning as Liverpool. Got as far as November and am rampaging through the league, second only to City. Adam is join top of the assists with Downing, Suarez has netted to a ratio of 1 every 63 minutes. No need for Meireles here :p On top of that, Utd, Everton and Chelsea have all had bad starts and are well behind City, myself, Arsenal and Stoke :eek:

Need a break now though as my dissertation is due at the end of this month and I've only 2,500 words done out of 19,000!! :eek::eek::eek: And I still have to do SPSS factor analysis for my questionnaire results!! :eek::eek::eek:

Restarted one myself. Had an editor file done in late July for England and Germany. Redid one there Thursday for England only. Took soooo long to do. Had to trawl the web looking for correct prices for players and then having to guesstimate their contracts. Started it up Friday morning as Liverpool. Got as far as November and am rampaging through the league, second only to City. Adam is join top of the assists with Downing, Suarez has netted to a ratio of 1 every 63 minutes. No need for Meireles here :p On top of that, Utd, Everton and Chelsea have all had bad starts and are well behind City, myself, Arsenal and Stoke :eek:

Need a break now though as my dissertation is due at the end of this month and I've only 2,500 words done out of 19,000!! :eek::eek::eek: And I still have to do SPSS factor analysis for my questionnaire results!! :eek::eek::eek:

bah, I wouldn't have the patience for all that haha
    Liverpool are looking good alright, will start with them in FM12 as I decided to try QPR this time around. Alot of filler, very little killer and I cant get rid of most due to them only signing for the club :( Gonna focus on scouts/coaching staff and hope to finish mid-table to start building the team.

Ouch :eek: I'd need new wrists after 19k words!!

bah, I wouldn't have the patience for all that haha
    Liverpool are looking good alright, will start with them in FM12 as I decided to try QPR this time around. Alot of filler, very little killer and I cant get rid of most due to them only signing for the club :( Gonna focus on scouts/coaching staff and hope to finish mid-table to start building the team.

Ouch :eek: I'd need new wrists after 19k words!!

Yeah was looking at QPR alright but they didn't have enough up front to tempt me to move away from the 'pool. Will be playing 2 games simultaneously in FM12, Liverpool (as always) and Dortmund. Hope to continue on from my impressive 5 years with BVB in FM11 earlier this year.

19,000 is doable. Got 2.5k done in one day so just need to keep that up for 2 weeks or so, a week to get it printed and bound and then to submit. That's the plan anyway. Although my original plan that I had mapped out had me finished by the start of August :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Downloaded the trial version, does it not work properly?
    I took on the Liverpool job, tried to sell about 15 people and didn't get a single offer. Put Torres up for less than his value because he is a neville and no bites.

Gave up then, couldn't get anything done.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    I took on the Liverpool job, tried to sell about 15 people and didn't get a single offer. Put Torres up for less than his value because he is a neville and no bites.

:D:D

That's quite odd... installed it on a friends laptop no more than two weeks ago and everything worked ok. Could it be that no one is interested in the players :p Happened a lot when I was Liverpool manager. Took me two years before anyone wanted to take Joe Cole, Jovanovic was a loanee until his contract expired and I just left Konchesky in the reserves until his contract was up.

Pretty much. You are better off waiting for a special offer on the full version which is normally dirt cheap around this time and definably worth the pop.

The demo does have its share of bugs I would imagine, but I can barely remember playing it at this stage
    Yeah was looking at QPR alright but they didn't have enough up front to tempt me to move away from the 'pool. Will be playing 2 games simultaneously in FM12, Liverpool (as always) and Dortmund. Hope to continue on from my impressive 5 years with BVB in FM11 earlier this year.

19,000 is doable. Got 2.5k done in one day so just need to keep that up for 2 weeks or so, a week to get it printed and bound and then to submit. That's the plan anyway. Although my original plan that I had mapped out had me finished by the start of August :o

Yeah very weak, brought in Carlton cole, Yannis Tafer and Sergio Araujo. Bothrod is the only keeper.
    Trying to find a decent holding MF atm and its not looking good. Any recommendations?

Everything last minute job, happens too much :pac:

Yeah very weak, brought in Carlton cole, Yannis Tafer and Sergio Araujo. Bothrod is the only keeper.
    Trying to find a decent holding MF atm and its not looking good. Any recommendations?

Everything last minute job, happens too much :pac:

Sweet jesus :pac: Your other options are impressive enough though. Had both at some stage when I was at Dortmund and although neither really fitted into my team they both got a nice amount of goals.

Holding MF? Well, I've always found that Anthony Annan is a great option for lower end of the budget scale. Was at Schalke last time I remember?? If you can't get him, Fazio of Sevilla is another option. Might even be able to get him on loan as a short term solution. Scout Germany though. They've quite a few excellent "water carriers" that lie under the radar.

Last minute? You must've been watching a Truman style movie of me from the start of secondary :p Everything I've ever handed up from then has been a last minute job I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Try Lars Bender as a holding MF. I signed him for Madrid in my game and he was an admirable stand in for Alonso. His PA might be random though so he could be useless in your game.

That depends on how good/bad they are. Playing as Arsenal I had to settle for loans to get rid of Almunia, Squillaci and Bendtner, even when they were drastically under valued. Offered Almunia for £1000 and nobody wanted him. Surprised nobody wanted Torres though. Got rid of Chamakh on loan as well but he's been scoring a fair few (For Barcelona no less!) so if they dont take him at the end of the season I might give him one more chance. Not like I need him though, van Persie is scoring for fun these days with Park and Podolski chipping in their fair share. :D

Yeah very weak, brought in Carlton cole
    Sweet jesus :pac:

Couldn't agree with you more, what a useless backstard!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭twig

Started a game the other night with liverpool like others I've read on here its impossible to get rid of the amount sh!t they have.

My signings are Harzard, Phil Jones, Stefan de Vrij (not a bad RB only 18), Sergio (plays for sporting in spain 18yr old) and Jordan Mutch (Birmingham also 18)..

I tried to sell a few of the players but only managed a few youngsters out on loan and had no real income of money having spent 27 million on players coming in.. I play the 4-1-3-2 and i need a center mid to play next to Hazard and Gerrard.. I booted sergio out on loan for awhile and although mutch and shelvey are playing ok i feel i need a big signing to for that position anyone got any suggestions? Meireles is playing crap and when he is not playing crap he is injured.

Also Andy Carroll is getting the door at either Xmas or summer.. he is an ape 2 Red cards and 3 yellows in 12 games.. he has scored 6 ( hat trick against some mickey mouse team in europe ) Anyone any idea of a replacement for him.? Suarez isn't exactly banging them in either tbh.. Need someone reasonable pricing for 30 goals a season?

Lie in 5th after a very poor start with 10 games gone and 8 points off the lead

twig wrote: »
    Started a game the other night with liverpool like others I've read on here its impossible to get rid of the amount sh!t they have.

My signings are Harzard, Phil Jones, Stefan de Vrij (not a bad RB only 18), Sergio (plays for sporting in spain 18yr old) and Jordan Mutch (Birmingham also 18)..

I tried to sell a few of the players but only managed a few youngsters out on loan and had no real income of money having spent 27 million on players coming in.. I play the 4-1-3-2 and i need a center mid to play next to Hazard and Gerrard.. I booted sergio out on loan for awhile and although mutch and shelvey are playing ok i feel i need a big signing to for that position anyone got any suggestions? Meireles is playing crap and when he is not playing crap he is injured.

Also Andy Carroll is getting the door at either Xmas or summer.. he is an ape 2 Red cards and 3 yellows in 12 games.. he has scored 6 ( hat trick against some mickey mouse team in europe ) Anyone any idea of a replacement for him.? Suarez isn't exactly banging them in either tbh.. Need someone reasonable pricing for 30 goals a season?

Lie in 5th after a very poor start with 10 games gone and 8 points off the lead
    van Persie, Podolski and Park Chu Young were all banging them in for me. Not sure how much you'd be able to get any of them for. Maybe offer Arsenal a swap with Carroll?

Having a pretty woeful start to the season, was bottom with 1 point in 4 games and looking like we couldn't beat anyone, cue Liverpool to Loftus road and beating them senseless, 3-0 :D Delighted, now hopefully we can build on this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Was thinking of starting up a game with just the top two leagues in Germany active for game speed, nowhere else. Does having just one league active over a long game have a bad impact on the competitiveness of the other leagues? Anyone try it and find it's just not the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Has anyone tried a game in russia? Is it easy to get young brazilians in? might try a chanllenge to get the leagues rep up!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

For anyone starting a new game,, totally recommend the following cheap players, but get em quick or someone else does

Goalkeeper as good as Cech

Enyeama, VincentH. Tel-Aviv£725K

Striker/Inside forward

Kadlec, VaclavSparta Prague£1.4M

This blokes a steal and will get 20 goals easily

Shaqiri, XherdanBasel£6M
    Winger, as good as Sanchez

Paco free transfer 8k a week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Halfway through my first Siere A season and I'm on 27pts. Delighted, and hopefully I'll be able to add a few more pts to that to stay up this year.

Highlights so far was being 1-0 down away to AC, and having my only 2 shots in the game in the 89th and 93rd minute and winning 2-1.

And now, i've just asked the board to build a new stadium, because a 7500 seater isn't enough for Siere A.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Mauro Boselli, the cnut.

intervprovercelliinform.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I just flung the TV remote in anger after letting in a late winner in a match I missed plenty of opportunities.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

fu5.jpg

picture.php?albumid=1042&pictureid=10608

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

fu5.jpg

picture.php?albumid=1042&pictureid=10608

You did well coming back from 4-1 at halftime!

Daft question, but I tend to make all my transfers over 3 years with little or no fee upfront (apart from pesky agent/signing on fees)

Is there any way this can come back and haunt me?

Can i make a club go bust?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Daft question, but I tend to make all my transfers over 3 years with little or no fee upfront (apart from pesky agent/signing on fees)

Is there any way this can come back and haunt me?

Can i make a club go bust?!

The money eats away at your balance. Depends how bad the situation is. If you're paying high transfers and using up all your transfer budget while doing it then you will run into money problems. Chairman might start killing your wage and transfer budget if he is smart with his money.

Advertisement