Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

They are not great, assistant keeps moaning about it before games saying we have less concntration

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

I remember why I used to play this game all the time. Just had a spectacular end of season with Torquay in League 2. Won 5 of last 6, including last minute winner at Oxford in the last game to seal final play-off place on goal difference. Won play-off semi against Chesterfield. Finish off with victory over Rotherham in play-off final at Old Trafford thanks to 2 goals in the last 3 mins including a 70 yard lob from Andy Van der Meyde! Just a fantastic feeling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

I haven't played a management game since CM 2006, but think i'll buy FM12. Im not bothered with watching the matches in 3D or anything like that, can you just watch them in a simpler format in FM, or am i too old fashioned :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

neil_18_ wrote: »
    I haven't played a management game since CM 2006, but think i'll buy FM12. Im not bothered with watching the matches in 3D or anything like that, can you just watch them in a simpler format in FM, or am i too old fashioned :P

You can watch them in 2D classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭partyndbs

or just watch txt commentary what i do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Walcott32

need a striker for shamrock rovers, im in feb2011 have 400k and around up to 1.8k a week to offer on wages. Turned professional and have a strong squad due too free transfer but looking for a powerful striker or a speedy one. tried brandy but he is at notts, tried a few others but couldn't get work permits. I might wait till july for a free transfer as i won the league quite easy and need the striker more for europe but would be nicer to have him to blend in before. any ideas? below is who i have already signed so far

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Yeah same here. Been dying for a game while waiting for a patch to come out. But now I've irregular working hours from my new job and a 20,000 word dissertation to do so I can't commit more than 2 or so hours a day

Saddens me that I can't achieve my virtual goals due to real life. I miss being a jobless student :(

We wont complain tho :)

I seriously cant enjoy this game at all in short bursts, its hours upon hours of game time or nothing.
    Hello, my name is Aaron and I'm a footballmanager-holic :(
    If you need a solution, do heroin and you'll be free from footymanager.. Not recommended tho ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Yakult wrote: »
    We wont complain tho :)

I seriously cant enjoy this game at all in short bursts, its hours upon hours of game time or nothing.

Indeed, its not the job that annoys me it's the dissertation. Otherwise I'd have plenty of time to play FM
    Yakult wrote: »
    If you need a solution, do heroin and you'll be free from footymanager.. Not recommended tho ;)

Not the best solution I've heard I have to say... :p

On another note, this Portuguese premier division better be worth playing in. I've turned down some very nice offers from Lyon, Valencia and Getafe to stay here... been given a nice wage budget so I could do a decent job, but losing more than half my team due to loan expirations has buggered me somewhat. Need to bring in a lot of players :( and I'll have to keep on the lookout for some good freebies too

only march 2011 and being linked with barca if pep leaves, would be an achievement if i got offered but dont know if i would take it as i want to turn shamrock rovers into a major club

• Registered Users Posts: 32,845 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Walcott32 wrote: »
    only march 2011 and being linked with barca if pep leaves, would be an achievement if i got offered but dont know if i would take it as i want to turn shamrock rovers into a major club
    Presumably you set your reputation to World Class

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Presumably you set your reputation to World Class

set past experiance on automatic , was shocked myself probably would never get offered it, also was linked with betis, i think was just the timing of it as i just won the double got manager of the year and was on a 22 game winning streak, my reputation on my profile is still national. some screenshots underneath to clear it up. im not the kind of person to mess with the game, been playing since cm4. more than likely they just threw my name in randomly

Woohoo... given a total, massive transfer budget of £55,000 for getting promotion :rolleyes: Going to be put towards my wage budget which is currently £1,500 over so that should put me back in the good books with my board.

Looks like another season of freebies and loanees. Already managed to snag Sanogo back on loan and have signed up former goal machine/now journey man Mateja Kezman on a free. Now to shore up the defence and bring in a wide man or two.

Need to call upon you wise men... my one and only left sided player has become injured and will be out for 4/5 months. I need a replacement, and a very very cheap one at that. A player who is willing to move to the equivalent of a Championship side... loan would be ideal.

Ne'er mind... managed to sign myself a Parent Club. Was given the choice of either Inter or Lyon. Went with Lyon as they've more talented youngsters and have nabbed one of their left wingers (Le Pogam) for the season.

Plus, they pay more per season to be affiliated with my club ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I was in Lyon last week, it's a kip, just a huge housing estate.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I was in Lyon last week, it's a kip, just a huge housing estate.

Yeah it's not the most pleasant of places to be. Often been there on my way to my aunt and uncles place. They've a restaurant in Mâcon, just up the road from Lyon. Way nicer... should've gone there

sign miguel medina he is a beast costing me 350k at rovers but worth every penny, will sign for anyone and will be world class

That's way too expensive for what I'm looking for :( I paid a tenth of that for my last signing

i was just saying to people in general, what year are you in and what club? jamil adam is a good free signing or declan o'brien

Walcott32 wrote: »
    i was just saying to people in general, what year are you in and what club? jamil adam is a good free signing or declan o'brien

At Belenenses in 2011. Club has a National rep as do I, but thanks to my deal with Lyon I was able to bring in Le Pogam for the first half of the season so I'll need to look for someone else for January onwards.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Yeah it's not the most pleasant of places to be. Often been there on my way to my aunt and uncles place. They've a restaurant in Mâcon, just up the road from Lyon. Way nicer... should've gone there

I was only passing through myself on the bike, stayed down the road near Bourgoin Jailleu.

I was only passing through myself on the bike, stayed down the road near Bourgoin Jailleu.

Nice spot... very quiet. Some cycle though.

Nice spot... very quiet. Some cycle though.

Cycled to Switzerland from Kilkenny via the Alps.
    5951619945_6391b5ee7f_b.jpg

I'm not the one in the boards jersey. Speaking of which, the team I used to go and watch, Lausanne Sports, play their first game in the Super League today. I hope to manage them once I've got my experience at Solihull Moors done. A little frustrating at the moment as I think I can take them to the league 2 but have yet to win Blue Square North which it looks like I'm out of the running again and will more than likely finish in play-off position. I've a striker using up 17% of my wage budget at the moment but he'll be gone at the end of the season, can't justify that sort of money in one play unless he's scoring every game.

Cycled to Switzerland from Kilkenny via the Alps.

<pic>

I'm not the one in the boards jersey. Speaking of which, the team I used to go and watch, Lausanne Sports, play their first game in the Super League today. I hope to manage them once I've got my experience at Solihull Moors done. A little frustrating at the moment as I think I can take them to the league 2 but have yet to win Blue Square North which it looks like I'm out of the running again and will more than likely finish in play-off position. I've a striker using up 17% of my wage budget at the moment but he'll be gone at the end of the season, can't justify that sort of money in one play unless he's scoring every game.

Bloody hell :eek::pac: now thats some cycle!

Yeah I've a player I signed on a free that's taking up £6,000 a week but he just doesn't perform consistently enough to keep him. Was valued at £250,000 when I signed him and is now worth £400,000 so I'll probably sell him in the next window to free up some funds. If my board gives me any of it that is.

Guys, its the jan transfer window, I have 1.9 million, and I need a good striker, mine are wasteful as fcuk, or a good left winger instead would do, thats my weakest position

Im top of the championship table by a point, so I want to kick on and have a striker who will keep me in the prem

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭danwhite88

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Guys, its the jan transfer window, I have 1.9 million, and I need a good striker, mine are wasteful as fcuk, or a good left winger instead would do, thats my weakest position

Im top of the championship table by a point, so I want to kick on and have a striker who will keep me in the prem

Try Christian Benitez. Normally get him for 1.3mill from his original club. Not sure if he would go to championship id normally sign him for mid table premier league clubs.

danwhite88 wrote: »
    Try Christian Benitez. Normally get him for 1.3mill from his original club. Not sure if he would go to championship id normally sign him for mid table premier league clubs.
    They want 4 million + for him and he wants 35 + grand!

In the end I just got Phillips in on loan, has scored twice already from the bench so he seems sharp, I'll try to get promoted with this squad and have a major rebuild for premiership football. Next season will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,171 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I used to moan when I was asked to cycle to the shop for milk :eek:

Oh and @ aaronh, check if Andriy Chukhlei has been signed or not. Quality player! Alain N'Kong is brilliant too on the left wing :D

Not sure what standard Belenenses are so you might not be able to get them.

Right, so a few of my friends bought this recently and like me, and I'm sure many others, have become frustrated at the sheer volume of long term and serious injuries.

I meant to upload this ages ago but have only gotten around to doing it now, but here's the fix I made myself to make the injury frequencies more realistic. The percentages are taken from FM 2010 editor (just in case you think I cheated to make them non-existent altogether) :p

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Q9JZ9JK

The only downside to this fix is that you'd have to start a new game...

To get it to work all you've to do is:

User>Documents>Sports Interactive>Football Manager 2011>editor data

You may have to create the folder 'editor data'

Then on the main menu for 'new game', check the box for 'change' for editor data files in use and again check the box for 'injury fix', and you're away :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Having left San Marino to take over Coventry City who were bottom after 12 games in the championship, 20 games later and we're 7th. Highlights so far are a 5-1 win away to high-flying Swindon and a breathtaking volley from Andy Keogh to snatch a victory away to Leeds. With 14 games to go, a paper thin squad and a relatively unsupportive board, we look a good bet to be in the mix up for the playoffs at the end of the season.

Advertisement