Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I need a 6 million quid striker, just after getting promoted, any ideas? All the good youngsters seem to be tied up with big clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    I need a 6 million quid striker, just after getting promoted, any ideas? All the good youngsters seem to be tied up with big clubs
    Nolan Roux maybe? you might need a future payment a year down the line though. Otherwise, Bogdan Stancu might be worth a punt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Voltwad wrote: »
    Nolan Roux maybe? you might need a future payment a year down the line though. Otherwise, Bogdan Stancu might be worth a punt.
    The former is too dear, latter looks promising! Any other reccomendations? Its a pain because I barely missed out on 4 really good young strikers, picked crap teams like City, Inter, Barca and Real over the mighty Nottm Forrest

Always a good idea to scour the Brazilian leagues yourself. There's some real gems over there. Vaclav Kadlec at Sparta Prague is worth a look, as is Mlapa at Hoffenheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Lol... just got back into my game in Portugal and after the first game of the season I just demolished Rio Ave 5-0 with one of my summer signings (Dominic Yobe formerly of HJK) bagging a hat-trick :eek:

It's all downhill from here :p

EDIT - yup, Sporting up next :(

• Advertisement

Lost in the last minute after coming back from 1-0 down to make it 2-2. Mistake from my keeper in the 93rd minute :( need to start looking for a replacement, he is 37 after all

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Whats the best team to take from England League 2 and try and get into the Premier League?
    I fancy a new challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Whats the best team to take from England League 2 and try and get into the Premier League?
    I fancy a new challenge

I'm having a crack at that with Torquay. It's definitely a challenge! Put together an amazing end to first season to earn promotion from League 2 via play-offs. Seriously struggling in League 1.

I fancy a new challenge
    Naturally a team with a small enough stadium alá Macclesfield or Accrington Stanley!

Just had a thrilling encounter with Watford in the playoff semi final. We face Swansea in the final now!

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

Lads what does everyone else set their injury ratio to in fm editor please?5%?,10%?maybe even 15%?

I just want it the same as 11.2

Running patch 11.3 and as eveyone knows the matchday injuries are crazy.I see on the SI forums the mods saying 3-4 injuries at once is the "realistic" figure,i completly agree but this is taking the p**s

Im playing as arsenal and just finished a match v blackburn with 6 players-a joke,its completly unplayable

Thanks for the help anyone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Got knocked out of the Spanish Cup by Atletico Madrid and to make it worst two important players get injured, Higuain (1 month) and Vrsaljko (4 months).
    Thats what I get for not playing FM in a week!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭jjll

started a career at stafford rangers got to play off then took reading job omg were in administration -6 points and only had a squad of 11 not allowed to sign anyone and had to use youth team players on bench but only could have 3 at a time then within 2 weeks got offered wign took that and they were in admin god im having luck

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Lads what does everyone else set their injury ratio to in fm editor please?5%?,10%?maybe even 15%?

I just want it the same as 11.2

Running patch 11.3 and as eveyone knows the matchday injuries are crazy.I see on the SI forums the mods saying 3-4 injuries at once is the "realistic" figure,i completly agree but this is taking the p**s

Im playing as arsenal and just finished a match v blackburn with 6 players-a joke,its completly unplayable

Thanks for the help anyone

I honestly can't remember, nor can I remember how to find out :/ (took them from FM 2010 editor)

If you want to download the one I've already edited, it's on this thread on the previous page - along with instructions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Promoted to Siere B!!!!

Wooooooooooooo

Things were going well so far in B, until a serious of ridiculous injuries which have made me drop well back down the table! Pffffffffft

If you're playing as a lower league team, Mateja Kezman is not the answer to anybody's striker needs. The guy is useless. 1 league goal in 11 appearances :/ Not worth the £4,200 a week wage.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If you're playing as a lower league team, Mateja Kezman is not the answer to anybody's striker needs. The guy is useless. 1 league goal in 11 appearances :/ Not worth the £4,200 a week wage.

My squad wage budget is less than that :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

My squad wage budget is less than that :pac:

Thats what you get for sticking with Solihull :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Thats what you get for sticking with Solihull :p

I think there might be an announcement made here in the next few days, no promotion this season and I'm starting again, injuries whilst making the game interesting are making it annoying. I was on top last season and looking comfortable, then bang, my wingers (or as I started calling them: my whingers) were taking turns in getting injured, three at a time, sometimes maybe both right wingers and I was playing my RB or LW there, finished third or fourth and lost the play-off semi final. There's one less rain forest in the world due to the amount of sick notes I got last season.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

I think there might be an announcement made here in the next few days, no promotion this season and I'm starting again, injuries whilst making the game interesting are making it annoying. I was on top last season and looking comfortable, then bang, my wingers (or as I started calling them: my whingers) were taking turns in getting injured, three at a time, sometimes maybe both right wingers and I was playing my RB or LW there, finished third or fourth and lost the play-off semi final. There's one less rain forest in the world due to the amount of sick notes I got last season.

LOL :D

Sounds like my season so far! 3 full backs, two injured. The other fullback then gets injured in the next game. At the same time, I lose my "club icon" Francoise for 5 months, and my next two strikers get injured during training and the next game.

Was unbeaten for like 2 months but now, I havn't won in a month... Meh

• Advertisement

Oooh sounds like a scoop... maybe do a Guardian style thing where we wait and wait and wait and keep refreshing the page in anticipation and find out that you 'might' leave the club :pac:

I'm having a similar enough season in Portugal. Have my first team, reserve team and youth team left backs out injured, have no fit right back and one fit goalkeeper. And my main striker thats been played is worse than crap and I'm relying on goals from my centre backs and midfield. But I'm still in the top half and have so far only lost to one of the top 4.

Have any of you encountered a bug where the opposition team are playing this (See below) formation, but are missing one DM and only fielding 10 players??

GK
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    ---DM-DM---
    MR
    ML
    CF

ST

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Yakult wrote: »
    Have any of you encountered a bug where the opposition team are playing this (See below) formation, but are missing one DM and only fielding 10 players??

GK
    DR-DC-DC-DL
    ---DM-DM---
    MR
    ML
    CF

ST

Yep. The DM's play in the exact same position and literally follow each other around. I can't believe they never fixed it. Hercules are one team which has this problem.

Yeah I've encountered that formation a few times in the Portuguese league. As far as I remember about 4/5 teams play that formation regularly and it's quite an annoying bug tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Anyone find any gems for Ireland that can be added to the national pool? Really struggling for players in midfield and defense.

Lazy testers/devs.. :mad:

7 days till the season kicks off thank god :D
    Always become more interested in FM when the season starts again, over the summer its like "meeeh" :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭grohlisagod

Managed to avoid relegation from League 1 with Torquay, finishing in 18th, despite losing 9 of first 10 games. Also won the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, a nice bonus. My 2 centre-backs Izzy Iriekpen and Mark Ellis finish as my top goalscorers with 8 and 7 respectively!

Trying to play but keep getting distracted by the UK burning down :/ Two in-game days have passed in the last 3 hours :o

Trying to play but keep getting distracted by the UK burning down :/ Two in-game days have passed in the last 3 hours :o

Football Manager and bbc/sky news on the tv in the background.
    Some crazy crazy stuff going on over there!! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

well lads.. can you help me with this one..

i need to change my captain but cant find it on the settings???

Advertisement