Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2011 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

focus_mad wrote: »
    Trying to decide if starting with barca is a bit too easy?

I support them hence my dilemma.

I usually start with another manager unemployed too for lower league exploits.

Start with Barça B. Then you can curse your luck as they take all your good players to the first team and leave you with nothing :pac:

Its a major challenge imo, done it before and won't be doing it again. If you take it up, the first tip I'll give you is to get your entire back line to learn a new position in defence. You'll need that flexibility

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Start with Barça B. Then you can curse your luck as they take all your good players to the first team and leave you with nothing :pac:

Its a major challenge imo, done it before and won't be doing it again. If you take it up, the first tip I'll give you is to get your entire back line to learn a new position in defence. You'll need that flexibility

I nevr thought about that.. Right that's settled then!!

Is it possible to get players down from the first team that aren't playing reguarly?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭Glico Man

focus_mad wrote: »
    I nevr thought about that.. Right that's settled then!!

Is it possible to get players down from the first team that aren't playing reguarly?

It is, but its not easy. Easier taking them from the youth team. Most of the signings I made were for a pittance, free or loans

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Well that's it then.. Going to start a career with them later this evening and see. How I get on with them! I shall put updates on the relevant thread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

If anyone has Doumbia how do you play him? Going through a dry patch for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Just upgraded to FM12 awaiting postage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lads, anyone know what the latest update database for fm11 is, and the best one?

FOUND one, can't wait, just updating transfers from this january and then good to go, thinking of managing qpr, nice 30 million to invest in the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lads, anyone know what the latest update database for fm11 is, and the best one?

FOUND one, can't wait, just updating transfers from this january and then good to go, thinking of managing qpr, nice 30 million to invest in the squad.

Can u tell us where u found it? Need an update too for FM 11 as i heard 12 is not worth buying, so sticking with my 11.

Ye sure man, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=5146

I'm doing january transfers myself, thats just up to like september sometime, roberto carlos is anzhi manager in it, so when he took over as caretaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,058 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

My Bury season crashed at some point, not exactly sure what happened. It was very painful, I had been playing for 10 days or something, easily the longest game I've ever had.

I started up a new one with FC Saarbrucken last night. In the German Third Division, expected to get relegated. Had no money to spend, signed three experienced defenders, Vratislav Gresko the only one I'd heard of. He's pretty good at set-pieces and can play almost anywhere on the left. Brought in a few loanees (limited to four), all on 0% with no recall so it's a perfect deal. Have played three games so far.

Lost 4-1 on the first day, absolutely horrible game. Scored an OG after two minutes, fought back into it but missed a rake of chances, went 2-0 down to a long-range shot, finally got a goal back just before half-time so it wasn't so bad. Came out in the second half, and first thing that happens the guy who scored the OG gives away a penalty, 3-1 down. We dominated the rest of the game but couldn't score and they added a fourth, another long-range one, in the last few minutes. :(

Won the next two 2-0 and 3-0 so we're sixth after three games and up next we play the fifth-place team at home. We're piling up the yellows though, think we've got at least four per game and it was seven in the opener.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I think you need to put autosave on monthly, that's happened me a couple of times. Wouldn't worry about losing with a newly built team, if they're good enough they'll gel but make sure to set match prep to team blend.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭killabban182

Having 2 problems, I have a young striker who is very highly recommended, every time I try to send him on loan (for experience) the board tell me he is too good to let go anywhere, the only problem is he has never scored for me while in the first tea
    My second problem is is signed Mario Götze, lots and lots of promise, the fans are delighted. problem is his fitness level is dreadful, he is unable to play 2 games in a row, and if he does he is unhappy. His natural fitness level is 4, is there anyway to improve this? I have developed a training schedule of just strength and aerobic, but this does not seem to be working, I do not want to leave him on this schedule too long either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Having 2 problems, I have a young striker who is very highly recommended, every time I try to send him on loan (for experience) the board tell me he is too good to let go anywhere, the only problem is he has never scored for me while in the first tea
    My second problem is is signed Mario Götze, lots and lots of promise, the fans are delighted. problem is his fitness level is dreadful, he is unable to play 2 games in a row, and if he does he is unhappy. His natural fitness level is 4, is there anyway to improve this? I have developed a training schedule of just strength and aerobic, but this does not seem to be working, I do not want to leave him on this schedule too long either.
    Dont have him playing 90 minutes. Take him off after about 60 or else start him on the bench and bring him on in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

FINALLY!!

427762_362300197116207_100000086890858_1537698_130976321_n.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Well done.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

Finished the first season with Saarbrucken. We were flying high, up in fourth just around November, but things started slipping just before the Christmas break. I think we were about sixth at the break. I thought that would help us recover but we went into freefall after that. Finished the season comfortably clear of relegation in 13th but it felt like a let down after we'd started so well.

The club is struggling financially. We have a loan that's worth about 200k a month and get by on frequent cash injections from the directors. Wage budget was 28k last year, it's down to 23k this year and that's with a lot of the bigger wages being moved on. Anyone who refused to sign a deal of equal-or-lesser value, I released at the end of the season.

Managed to pull together a side for the new season and started well enough, ten points from our first five games. Then we took one point from the next seven. We'd lost five games in a row and we went to Ahlen, who are fourth or fifth (I'm not sure, I've been focusing on the bottom end of the table so much :().

I love it when things like this happen :D:
    ahlen_saarbrucken.jpg

Well in :D

fmammoty.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I've taken Charlton from League 1 to the 8th in the Premiership in 2015.(previous spells with City and Liverpool)
    Won the League Cup already and in the semis of the FA.

Decent enough squad, fairly old though

• Site Banned Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭paddy kerins

I'm on the verge of winning the league with Liverpool in my first season. 3 games left and 8 points clear ahead of United and City. Gerrard's been on fire for the last month, getting 7 goals in 3 games. Got knocked of other competitions, sadly, but winning the league ain't bad when your main aim at the start of the season was getting back into the Champions League

UPDATE: Well, the players nearly caved under the pressure. Draw against Blackburn, barely scraped a win against Everton and another draw against Newcastle. But the league is ours. Gerrard got player and goal of the season, Willian won Young Player of the Year and of course I got Manager of the Year ahead of Avram Grant and Mick McCarthy :pac:

Fcuking cnut of a game at times. STILL to win any European Competitions in FM... :mad:

85th and 90th minute... :mad:

fmclsemiloss.png

• Advertisement

The Saarbrucken project went downhill fairly quickly. :(

Finished 14th in my second season but with less points. I went all out in the summer to build a proper team. Released all the ageing, overpaid types and brought in loads of released youth players with big potential. However, we didn't win once in the first 11 games so I resigned. The team did stay up in the end and lasted another two seasons before being relegated.

I waited a year before finding a job I was anyway interested in. Took over at Rostock, who were in the third division. They were 18th after eight games, managed to get them on track and won the title, despite not winning any off the last five games. The next seasons, we overachieved and finished third. Lost the promotion/relegation play-off to Kaiserslautern 3-1. The next season we were heavy favourites for the title but it wasn't until December, iirc, that we got into the top three. Won the title on the second last day.

So into my first season in the First Division. A really bad start was rescued by a really good middle of the season (won 1-0 at HSV, among other highlights) then fell away in the second half. I resigned in March, with Rostock 12th in the table and twenty points clear of the bottom three, after we'd lost three games in a row and had conceded 13 goals in those three games.

At the end of the season, Stuttgart sacked their manager and I took over so I'm looking forward to the next one now. Stuttgart had finished third the year before but only managed 12th this year and lost in the cup final. It looks like a good squad and I should have money to spend so it'll be an interesting challenge.

Is the Championship the most difficult league in FM11? West Ham struggled to playoff spot, then in Prem they finished 6th, their squad with updated patch of latest transfers is sssssssoooo good for championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Lads, Won the champions league with Celtic (luckiest draw ever mind!) the and then the league two years in a row. Trap retired so I'm in charge of Ireland too, what young players should I be looking at blooding? Its sept 2012 in game and Keane etc are getting on.

Any way I can get Stephen Ireland out of retirement?

Lads, Won the champions league with Celtic (luckiest draw ever mind!) the and then the league two years in a row. Trap retired so I'm in charge of Ireland too, what young players should I be looking at blooding? Its sept 2012 in game and Keane etc are getting on.

Any way I can get Stephen Ireland out of retirement?

Seamie Coleman, Connor Clifford, James McCarthy, Ciaran Clark, Greg Cunningham, Kevin Long, Joe Mason, Mark O'Brien, Shane Duffy, Gerry Rooney

Although, they were all in my 2022 WC Squad so they may be still very young in your game!

Finally! After the last three years of playing Football Manager, I've finally won a European competition.

The 2023 Champions League with my Pro Vercelli side. Legends!

92757045.png

Anyone else find the game a bit easy?

I've won the SPL by an absolute landslide for the last four years, won the champions league twice and got to the knockout stages the other times. Won nearly all the domestic trophies each year.

The first year was hard until I lucked out(easy draw, they got people sent off early too) and won the champions league, since then I've just had bucketloads more cash than everyone else.

Neymar is an absolute beast, scores a hatrick seemingly every game in the SPL. Hulk is amazing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I've won the SPL
    There's your reason. SPL is one of the weakest (major) leagues in the game imo. If you have any money, it's pretty hard not to win. Drop down a few divisions if you want a challenge.

Whats a decent championship or league 1 team to manage? One that has room for expansion etc

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭dannyo666

I've won the SPL by an absolute landslide for the last four years, won the champions league twice and got to the knockout stages the other times. Won nearly all the domestic trophies each year.

The first year was hard until I lucked out(easy draw, they got people sent off early too) and won the champions league, since then I've just had bucketloads more cash than everyone else.

Neymar is an absolute beast, scores a hatrick seemingly every game in the SPL. Hulk is amazing too.

How in the name of god did you get neymar to SPL?,chelsea slways nick him in my game....

• Advertisement

dannyo666 wrote: »
    How in the name of god did you get neymar to SPL?,chelsea slways nick him in my game....
    Might be something with using the original database, but I signed him in my third season for 25 million from his brazillian club, 70 grand a week.

Advertisement