Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive! magazine and a no junk mail sign.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭Millicent

Serious suggestion here but could you not report the editor to the diocese?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

bleg wrote: »
    Calling people bigots because of a thread that hasn't gone on for pages because it hasn't been created about a problem that doesn't exist.

What the ****?

FYI
    save up all the pizza delivery leaflets and other types of junk you can get your hands on and send it back to the catholic scum
    panda100 wrote: »
    Exactly, you just got to train your dog to hate facist idiots.

Abrasax wrote: »
    Not to forget the 'Christian' Bush and, now Catholic, Tony Blair and how they both believed God wanted them to slaughter millions of innocents for oil.

Jebus, Bush isn't a Christian like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

squod wrote: »
    Jebus, Bush isn't a Christian like.

He's not Catholic - I'm pretty sure he is a Methodist Christian though, doesn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    He's not Catholic - I'm pretty sure he is a Methodist Christian though, doesn't he?
    No true Christian would do the things that he did though, silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Was at a cemetary mass last week and someone was outside the gate handiong them out at the end. Wonder where it is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Nevore wrote: »
    No true Christian would do the things that he did though, silly.

Sure he can just ask for forgiveness on his deathbed can't he?

Sorted. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

wild_cat wrote: »
    I have a no junk mail sign up on my front door. The only people who seem unable to read it are the people that deliver the Alive Catholic news paper door to door.

I rang them last month requesting that they refrain from putting it through the door in future. The lady refused to tell me who was delivering them to my area but said it wasn't one of their own group of delivery people, as they adhere to no junk mail signs.

Came home today and there was another one stuck in the door.

I do not agree with any of the crap they write and feel I shouldn't have this kind of stuff thwarted at me in my own home.

I'd enjoy it like a copy of Viz if I didn't know they were actually being serious.

Anyway how do I get this to stop?

I didnt even know that was a free paper!!

Anyway the solution is, move to a rural area!!! no free newspapers and junk mail here!!! ( EXCEPT WHAT THE POSTMAN BRINGS - BILLS AND SOME SHÍTE LIKE THAT!!! oops left caps lock on and not arsed to retype . .

AnonoBoy wrote: »

Jebus, unless the Methodist Christian's have taken up the kind of thing he's into then......... eh, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

Just put it in the recycle bin. Is it that big of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

davrho wrote: »
    Just put it in the recycle bin. Is it that big of a deal.

Look at all the wasted paper and effort to go to the recycling bin and all the trees being cut down.

• Advertisement

Look at all the wasted paper and effort to go to the recycling bin and all the trees being cut down.

:pac:. The catholics are cutting down the trees now, for shame. Those 2 steps to the bin must a killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

:pac:. The catholics are cutting down the trees now, for shame. Those 2 steps to the bin must a killer.

You have no idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,946 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A lot of hatred of Catholics being expressed here. How long would this thread last if it was about Gibbs or Essence being pushed through your letterbox. Bigots TBH.

I'm Catholic, but that's purely an accident a result of birth like most peoples religious believes.

If the OP had rang whatever Gibbs or Essence are and requested to stop getting junk through their letter box I'd say the about the same. Also the fact that they won't tell the OP who is pushing this junk through their letter box isn't on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A lot of hatred of Catholics being expressed here
    Kinda like saying criticism of suicide bombings = hatred of muslims.

It's the dogma Alive! peddles that's being objected to so strongly, not the fact that it's a catholic publication, one which misrepresents many, many catholics. And plenty of the views held by Alive! would be shared by nutty evangelical protestants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

That rag goes against everything I believe in, it is seething with hate, inaccuracy and bravado. I do not want to be subjected to its contents in the privacy of my own home nor do I want any of its supporters near my door. I asked them to politely remove my address from their list and this was not done. I also enquired for information on who was putting it through my letter box (as the lady I was speaking to claimed it was not one of their droppers) so I could contact them, this was refused and I was hung up on AFTER she had childishly pretended not to hear me.

:mad:

I'm sorry but my own beliefs differ so much from the poison they print I can't ignore it.

I used to laugh at it in the past, but after my phone call....

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Mat the trasher

Millicent wrote: »
    Serious suggestion here but could you not report the editor to the diocese?

It might be more better to report it to the prior of The Dominican order, as the address is the Dominican priory in Tallaght and the editior is a priest in said order.

http://www.dominicans.ie/contact-us.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Jebus, unless the Methodist Christian's have taken up the kind of thing he's into then......... eh, no.

Unless I have been grossly missinformed by my ventures into the Christian forum on here, just doing something non-Christian does not suddenly mean you are no longer a Christian.

Put it in the bin and you won't know the "hate, inaccuracy and bravado" it prints. What a load of pish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

What a load of pish.

It is, well said that man. :)

It is, well said that man. :)

I agree 100%. Put it in the bin. No big deal.

• Advertisement

Put it in the bin and you won't know the "hate, inaccuracy and bravado" it prints. What a load of pish.

But I'd still know they'd been up the drive of my house.

I agree 100%. Put it in the bin. No big deal.

Well, there really should be an opt out from having to clean a load of pish away, shouldn't there? Mind you, if mass producing leaflets that get immediately binned and waste funds leading to possible bankruptcy in the future...all good.

wild_cat wrote: »
    But I'd still know they'd been up the drive of my house.

Who, a couple of dafty young church volunteers? It's not a big deal.

Ye should be glad you never lived in Scotland. We used to get Westwood Baptist church, Church of Scotland, Our Lady of Lourdes rc, The Watch Tower, The church of the Latter day saints and the Krishna newspaper/ magazines/bulletines monthly:eek:. Pain in the whole I admitt, but just put them into bin.

You must have bigger problems to worry about.

strobe wrote: »
    Unless I have been grossly missinformed by my ventures into the Christian forum on here, just doing something non-Christian does not suddenly mean you are no longer a Christian.

That's not what I'm saying.

Well, there really should be an opt out from having to clean a load of pish away, shouldn't there? Mind you, if mass producing leaflets that get immediately binned and waste funds leading to possible bankruptcy in the future...all good.

Exactly. Nothing to see here.

Ye should be glad you never lived in Scotland. We used to get Westwood Baptist church, Church of Scotland, Our Lady of Lourdes rc, The Watch Tower, The church of the Latter day saints and the Krishna newspaper/ magazines/bulletines monthly:eek:. Pain in the whole I admitt, but just put them into bin.

Oooh, I didn't get any of them....you must have lived in a hotbed of religious fervour...west coast? :P

You made me giggle there, I do alright.

They must think I need saving.

Oooh, I didn't get any of them....you must have lived in a hotbed of religious fervour...west coast? :P

East Kilbride a place that needed a saving :pac:. I got out as quick as i could and moved to Dublin:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

That's not what I'm saying.
    I have no idea what you're saying but I assume it's CT stuff?

• Advertisement

Pace2008 wrote: »
    I have no idea what you're saying but I assume it's CT stuff?

:pac: Lol.

Advertisement