Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alive! magazine and a no junk mail sign.

Options
  • 28-06-2010 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭

I have a no junk mail sign up on my front door. The only people who seem unable to read it are the people that deliver the Alive Catholic news paper door to door.

I rang them last month requesting that they refrain from putting it through the door in future. The lady refused to tell me who was delivering them to my area but said it wasn't one of their own group of delivery people, as they adhere to no junk mail signs.

Came home today and there was another one stuck in the door.

I do not agree with any of the crap they write and feel I shouldn't have this kind of stuff thwarted at me in my own home.

I'd enjoy it like a copy of Viz if I didn't know they were actually being serious.

Anyway how do I get this to stop?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Suscribe to The Satanist Revue.

It is a religion and a philosophy based on man as he really is: a carnal being free from the fiction that is spirituality and one who champions total responsibility, pragmatism, and the here-and-now

Suits you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Indubitable

Get a dog who hates postmen and put it in your front garden.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Was just about to say firey satan stickers on the mail box. That or a live hungry rat in the mailbox

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Collect them all till you have a big pile, make a bonfire outside their door, and burn them, while the people are still inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

How can you not like Alive?Its bleedin priceless! My fave section is 'The Satan in training' bit on the back page. Thats quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

Lol! I just googled the newspaper's website.
    There's a big article on why women settle for less in marriage thanks to the pill.

This stuff is better than the slate! :pac:

Get an angry dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Man here I am paying for a subscription to Alive! like a chump and you're getting it for free? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hippyraz

hi roro! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭wild_cat

bronte wrote: »
    Lol! I just googled the newspaper's website.
    There's a big article on why women settle for less in marriage thanks to the pill.

This stuff is better than the slate! :pac:

Get an angry dog.

I know that's why I compared it to Viz like.

Shouldn't they have to tell me who is putting it through my door though if I've requested it to stop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Get a dog who hates postmen and put it in your front garden.

It's not employees of An Post who insist on stuffing junk through your letterbox, it's some poor slob who was thick enough to volunteer for Alive magazine. That's the sort of person you should train your dog to see off, not postmen.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure, but I think there's some law that says if you have a no junkmail sign up, it's actually illegal to put stuff in the letterbox.

Thomas828 wrote: »
    It's not employees of An Post who insist on stuffing junk through your letterbox, it's some poor slob who was thick enough to volunteer for Alive magazine. That's the sort of person you should train your dog to see off, not postmen.

Handy for chuggers.

I'm not sure, but I think there's some law that says if you have a no junkmail sign up, it's actually illegal to put stuff in the letterbox.

True, but is it classified as "mail"? Serious idea: put up a gign saying no junk mail or religious magazines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Exactly, you just got to train your dog to hate facist idiots.
    Just put a few "Abortion for all" stickers up on your postbox and they'll be out of your front porch faster than they can say the angelus. Believe me,nothing annoys these people more than abortion, the genocide of a million people would be more tolerable to them than a womens right to choose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I don't consider this "Junk Mail" we have frredom of religion in this country ;) which gives people the right to practise religion and to preach to others also. Perhaps you'd rather all be atheists and have no morals at all?

sounds good to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

I imagine the kind of religious folks that are shoving theistic literature through doors would consider their peddling sole saving ligh rather than "junk" and so don't think the sign applies to them...adding religious material to the junk mail sign may get through but I wouldn't bet on it, some folks have selective hearing/eyesight when it comes to their protylysing. :pac:
    Stinicker wrote: »
    Perhaps you'd rather all be atheists and have no morals at all?

Yeah, atheists have no morals - never out the papers with their kiddy-fiddling and covering up kiddy-fiddling...ehhhhhh.....

Move to a rural area

I don't consider this "Junk Mail" we have frredom of religion in this country ;) which gives people the right to practise religion and to preach to others also. Perhaps you'd rather all be atheists and have no morals at all?

we also have freedom to be athiests. We also have the freedom to reject morals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

wild_cat wrote: »

1. Get a condom, open it and put some shampoo/conditoner in it ( a tiny amount and make sure the shampoo/conditioner is a neutral colour, not blue or pink!).
    2. Post it to Alive! in an envelope with a note stating that for every time they send you their magazine after you asked them to stop you'll send them the same free present.

Make sure you don't sign the letter. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Perhaps you'd rather all be atheists and have no morals at all?

No, just not the crazy shít morals dreamt up by water deprived sand kickers from 3 to 4 thousand years ago.

They can believe whatever nonsense they want - but that doesn't mean they have to shove it through people's letterboxes.

I worship trees. That is my religion.

Your religious freedom is infringing on my religious freedom because you insist on killing trees and making paper out of them on which to print "alive" and other high-quality publications.

Why you make me sad?

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

panda100 wrote: »
    Exactly, you just got to train your dog to hate facist idiots.
    Just put a few "Abortion for all" stickers up on your postbox and they'll be out of your front porch faster than they can say the angelus. Believe me,nothing annoys these people more than abortion, the genocide of a million people would be more tolerable to them than a womens right to choose.

Actually they pretty much equate the two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

wild_cat wrote: »
    I have a no junk mail sign up on my front door. The only people who seem unable to read it are the people that deliver the Alive Catholic news paper door to door.

I've a no junk mail sign on my door, but there's different interpretations of it.
    Most leaflet droppers assume it means mail of a commercial nature.
    So political, local and religious leaflets are not considered junk.

If you have a sign saying "An Post mail only" that should make it clear what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Please please please, IF you have a driveway put the no junk mail sign on the wall at the entrance. It is infuriating to trudge up a driveway and then have to turn around. Half of the time I would fire them in anyway. But I was volunteering to deliver charity bags though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

I've a no junk mail sign on my door, but there's different interpretations of it.
    Most leaflet droppers assume it means mail of a commercial nature.
    So political, local and religious leaflets are not considered junk.

If you have a sign saying "An Post mail only" that should make it clear what you mean.

They bluddy are by me. Told off some FG cnut last week over the same thing. Fuhken college boys, can't even read right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

A massive Pentagram on your front door should stop them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

Handy for chuggers.

Er, pardon me for being obtuse, but what's a chugger?

• Advertisement

Er, pardon me for being obtuse, but what's a chugger?

Chugger = Charity Mugger.

The annoying people who stop you on the street for Concern/Oxfam/Pet Rescue etc.

Pet Rescue? Did I just dream that one up?

Advertisement