Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

G1032 wrote: »
    Had to send mine back before. Was on Darky's but was able to flash back to stock before sending it back.

What did you do to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,963 ✭✭✭G1032

lewis wrote: »
    What did you do to it?

Dropped it. :D
    Then a couple of weeks after I dropped it the both the menu and back keys stopped working. It also used to turn off randomly before I dropped it.
    They repalced 3 things on it. Forget what but have had no bother since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭Raoul

What did you do to it?

Lewis, im having trouble flashing insanity, you got any tips? No idea why its not working. :mad:

Dropped it. :D
    Then a couple of weeks after I dropped it the both the menu and back keys stopped working. It also used to turn off randomly before I dropped it.
    They repalced 3 things on it. Forget what but have had no bother since.

Did it have a cover on it?
    I hang onto mine like its gold, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Raoul wrote: »
    Lewis, im having trouble flashing insanity, you got any tips? No idea why its not working. :mad:
    Is Ezbase working for you now?

• Advertisement

Is Ezbase working for you now?
    Yeah did ezbase again and wiped and tried insanity again and still the same! Left it for half an hour!

Yeah did ezbase again and wiped and tried insanity again and still the same! Left it for half an hour!
    Bad download maybe? I thought it checks the file though

When you flashed Ezbase did you have the .pit file?

Bad download maybe? I thought it checks the file though

When you flashed Ezbase did you have the .pit file?

Yeah have the .pit, PDA, phone and csc files. Back to ezbase now.

seriously thanks for the help!

Yeah have the .pit, PDA, phone and csc files. Back to ezbase now.

seriously thanks for the help!
    Re download insanity. I've seen odin checking files but never paid attention to whether CWM checks files.

What else have you flashed before?

Sorry I missed your posts.

Here`s what you do, disable any tweaks you may have done in CWM.

Then delete everything from both SD cards, the cleaner the better.
    that`s what I did. Hook up your phone to PC and copy ALL of both Internal/External cards, just for safe keeping, so then you can get the things you want back off it.

Slap her into download mode, hook up phone, I take it you get the yellow COM box when connected?
    Then set up Odin as you see in this picture...http://insanity.rollus.net/beta/odin.png

Then press start, should take about 10 or so minutes, the longest part is just after the phone reboots it stays on the Insanity boot screen, let it do its thing, its not stuck, go have a pint or something.

Once finished hook up phone to PC and put the 8.1 ZIP on your INTERNAL SD and flash it, that`s it.

• Advertisement

Re download insanity. I've seen odin checking files but never paid attention to whether CWM checks files.

What else have you flashed before?

Redownloaded insanity and trying again through cwm

Can you flash insanity through odin?

I have been on darkys 9.5. Before I did ezbase, I disabled everything on darkys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

crazygeryy wrote: »
    would someone mind telling me what an rc is please.

release candidate i believe.

beta or the like

A loada whorelex, RC might as well be Randy (H)unt

Got it working :D

Combination of me being a bit naive and wrong download links. Will explain later. Need a rest.

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Hi - I'm really sorry to be probably the 453rd person to ask this, but the 214 page thread on the Galaxy S is too much to tackle, and the search function isn't throwing anything up.

Can someone point me towards a starter guide to upgrading a ROM on a Galaxy S? I'm on meteor if it makes a difference.

I'm sick of waiting for the official Gingerbread release, and this seems like something that's worth playing with - the problem is that there is a lot of assumed knowledge on any page I find...

otron wrote: »
    Hi - I'm really sorry to be probably the 453rd person to ask this, but the 214 page thread on the Galaxy S is too much to tackle, and the search function isn't throwing anything up.

Can someone point me towards a starter guide to upgrading a ROM on a Galaxy S? I'm on meteor if it makes a difference.

I'm sick of waiting for the official Gingerbread release, and this seems like something that's worth playing with - the problem is that there is a lot of assumed knowledge on any page I find...

What are you on at the moment?

Got it working :D

Combination of me being a bit naive and wrong download links. Will explain later. Need a rest.

Cheers for the help

good to know

its easy to have a 300E+ paper weight if you dont know what you are doing to these gadgets.!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭otron

Firmware 2.2 / Froyo
    Baseband i9000xxjpp
    Kernel 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1
    Build FROYO.XWJPA

otron wrote: »
    Firmware 2.2 / Froyo
    Baseband i9000xxjpp
    Kernel 2.6.32.9 root@SE-S608 #1
    Build FROYO.XWJPA

Here you go, I think I should be getting paid for this...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=886000

Did it have a cover on it?
    I hang onto mine like its gold, lol.

No, didn't have a cover on it. Have one now though!!

2.Can I go back to 2.2.1 if the phone needs to be sent for repair? The Bootloader is changed on 2.3.3 and I was wondering can I just flash a stock 2.2.1 over the 2.3.3?? Can't send a phone for repair wth 2.3.3 on it.

OMG. Talk about tempting fate. The bloody home key stopped working on me today. I have to press it about 5 times to get it to respond. Flashed back to Stock 2.2.1 and issue remained. I've got to send it back tomorrow. That'll be a week or 10 days without it.:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

No, didn't have a cover on it. Have one now though!!
    OMG. Talk about tempting fate. The bloody home key stopped working on me today. I have to press it about 5 times to get it to respond. Flashed back to Stock 2.2.1 and issue remained. I've got to send it back tomorrow. That'll be a week or 10 days without it.:mad::mad:

Don`t jump the gun yet man, try flash it again from the begining.
    Its possible that its a hardware fault.
    I had vibration but when I moved to Darky`s I think it was 9.2 ages ago it left me, if it is from flashing well then as we all know there is no guarantee that everything will go well...

Don`t jump the gun yet man, try flash it again from the begining.
    Its possible that its a hardware fault.
    I had vibration but when I moved to Darky`s I think it was 9.2 ages ago it left me, if it is from flashing well then as we all know there is no guarantee that everything will go well...

It's hardware I'd say. Hadn't flashed a ROM in a good while. Doesn't work properly on stock now either. Its a pain in the @rse

It's hardware I'd say. Hadn't flashed a ROM in a good while. Doesn't work properly on stock now either. Its a pain in the @rse

For some reason I thought you had flashed Insanity 8.1
    It definitely sucks all right, I`d be pissed to.

Well 8.2 is on its way, it that helps at all, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey folks

just a quick question

Does the galaxy S have a good battery? I had the Desire HD and it was poor on that so was hoping the Galaxy S would be better

just got one, you should get a few days apparently..!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,942 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just got one, you should get a few days apparently..!

whats the txting like for it ?

good...

having used symbian nokias for over a decade i think this is excellent..

takes a bit of getting used to, but its a very cool phone, use a darky rom and its pretty awesome.

8.2 already on its way?? :eek::eek:

Anyway, just incase it helps someone, today my problem was that:

The download links on xda forums for EZBase weren't the right ones for EZBase 3. So therefore I wasn't on GB. And for that reason Insanity 8.1 wouldn't work.

So I had to trawl through a thread to find the EZBase 3 download link. This has sorted everything.

Pretty happy with insanity. I was ready to through my phone down the toilet in frustration earlier today. :pac:

Cheers for the help.

Well I suppose 8.2 or 8.3 will be waiting for me when I get the phone back. Leaving it in tomorrow because the sooner I leave in it the sooner I'll get it back.
    By the way, are there any bugs with 8.1??

• Advertisement

8.2 already on its way?? :eek::eek:

Anyway, just incase it helps someone, today my problem was that:

The download links on xda forums for EZBase weren't the right ones for EZBase 3. So therefore I wasn't on GB. And for that reason Insanity 8.1 wouldn't work.

So I had to trawl through a thread to find the EZBase 3 download link. This has sorted everything.

Pretty happy with insanity. I was ready to through my phone down the toilet in frustration earlier today. :pac:

Cheers for the help.

Are these not the downloads in post number 2 at this link??
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991792

Advertisement