Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭Raoul

G1032 wrote: »
    Are these not the downloads in post number 2 at this link??
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991792

Well they didn't work for me. Then I found different ones in the insanity thread and they worked perfectly first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Raoul wrote: »
    Well they didn't work for me. Then I found different ones in the insanity thread and they worked perfectly first time.

Will you post a link to them? Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Headshot wrote: »
    hey folks
    just a quick question
    Does the galaxy S have a good battery? I had the Desire HD and it was poor on that so was hoping the Galaxy S would be better

Its depends of what ROM your rocking and how many apps/widgets you got running, etc...
    For me when I was on 8.0 I`d get about 1/5 - 2 days with medium use.
    Headshot wrote: »
    whats the txting like for it ?

Swpye is very good and very fast, once you get the hang of it!!
    Well I suppose 8.2 or 8.3 will be waiting for me when I get the phone back. Leaving it in tomorrow because the sooner I leave in it the sooner I'll get it back.
    By the way, are there any bugs with 8.1??

Next to none, although I did get FC`s when trying to open volume settings, but I have Audio Manager Pro so it was no problem.
    It is better than 8.0, but 7.2 would be more stable, that`s not saying that 8.1 is`nt worth a go, I think it is.
    Are these not the downloads in post number 2 at this link??
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=991792

What happened there I`d say was the developer had`nt updated EZBase to Ginger, it was still Froyo, a few people had made that mistake.

Will you post a link to them? Cheers.

I can't find the link. It was one download link in a massive thread.

I have the files if you want to pm me your email or anything.

EDIT:
    Here - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20650911/EZBase%203.rar

That should be the three files you need. Then the .pit file is the same as the one on the xda thread.

Just a note to anyone who`s thinking of flashing Black Android Theme (BAT).
    One or two little things to be sorted so hold off for a bit, I flashed it last night and its very cool, its got a glossy dial pad and the white over scroll glow, its just the rotary unlock is a bit off.

• Advertisement

What themes are good?

What themes are good?

Here`s theme heaven.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=953450

I`ve had and liked, R64 Noir and Steel Blue and Android Black theme of course, there is a lot of people that love that, have a look, also have a working theme on your phone just in case,:)

Right I`m going outside to stand in me garden and look at that big yellow thing in the sky...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

lewis wrote: »
    Here`s theme heaven.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=953450

I`ve had and liked, R64 Noir and Steel Blue and Android Black theme of course, there is a lot of people that love that, have a look, also have a working theme on your phone just in case,:)

Right I`m going outside to stand in me garden and look at that big yellow thing in the sky...

You're mloc on XDA right ?

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

what the latest stock firmwear mine is on PDAJS5 / PHONEJPY / CSCJS3 (XEN)

Ste- wrote: »
    You're mloc on XDA right ?

That`s me, have we crossed paths on XDA?

• Advertisement

That`s me, have we crossed paths on XDA?

Nope, just seen you posting a lot on XDA and the insanity thread and put 2+2 together.
    Am on 8.0b3 went to 8.1 but would FC on the notification selection and wouldn't let me set individual message alerts so I went back to 8.0b3.
    Sorry i didn't jump to the insanity ship sooner tbh.

Ste- wrote: »
    Nope, just seen you posting a lot on XDA and the insanity thread and put 2+2 together.
    Am on 8.0b3 went to 8.1 but would FC on the notification selection and wouldn't let me set individual message alerts so I went back to 8.0b3.
    Sorry i didn't jump to the insanity ship sooner tbh.

What`s your name on XDA?

I have`nt tried the beta yet, I`m trying to sort out Zeam launcher, I never really tried it before, but its starting to wreck my head, on the verge of going back to LP.

What`s your name on XDA?

I have`nt tried the beta yet, I`m trying to sort out Zeam launcher, I never really tried it before, but its starting to wreck my head, on the verge of going back to LP.

StephenC82. Don't really post much.
    I'm still using ADW. Tried LP but it crashed on a previous rom and didn't go back. Takes to long to set up my folders.
    Only thing I miss are custom icons and a 3d app page. No biggie tho.

I`m on Insanity 8.2 RC and so far its better than 8.1, faster more responsive, only thing my GPS can`t find me, but other than that its looking good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

My Galaxy S is under 5 weeks old. I've noticed it freezing a bit...sometimes if I turn off silent (which I set overnight) the sound doesn't come back on. Then yesterday it changed the ringtone and re-set the Swype language to Italian? I'm pretty tech savvy and always lock the screen so it's not as if I've changed things by accident.

Is this a sign of things to come?

athtrasna wrote: »
    My Galaxy S is under 5 weeks old. I've noticed it freezing a bit...sometimes if I turn off silent (which I set overnight) the sound doesn't come back on. Then yesterday it changed the ringtone and re-set the Swype language to Italian? I'm pretty tech savvy and always lock the screen so it's not as if I've changed things by accident.

Is this a sign of things to come?

Are you on a custom ROM?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Open contacts, open menu --> more --> display options --> Open Google and untick all Google contact options. This will stop all Google contacts syncing with your phone and leave you with just sim and phone (and facebook or twitter if you added them)

A better thing to do (what most android users do) is get all your sim and phone contacts into gmail, then edit them and merge them in gmail on your pc on a bigger screen (can even add pics to contacts if you like) until you have a nice tidy set of all contacts, then it will sync them to your phone, you'll then be able to use the method above and turn off showing of sim and phone contacts, all new contacts you'd save to Google and automatically get stored to your gmail. I don't have any sim or phone contacts, I use Google only to save mine.

PMT, I also have a terrible problem with tons of phone numbers and email addresses coming up for contacts. I have deselected absolutely EVERYTHING in contacts, open menu --> more --> display options with the sole exception of one of my two Google accounts and the one I've selected only has "system group: My Contacts" ticked but the phone is still merging contact data held elsewhere into my contacts e.g. In the ticked google account I have a record for Mr X with his email address xxx@yyy.com and that's it yet when I open Mr X's contact to send an email I'm also offered zzz@abc.com which was an old email address he used to have years ago which is no longer stored on his contact record on google. It's as though google is retaining every scrap of contact info for every contact I have regardless of whether it's no longer on his contact record and was deleted years ago.

This is what's cracking me up big time!!!

Any suggestions you have would be greatly received :confused:

Ben

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Are you on a custom ROM?

Nope - Android 2.2 as came with the phone. Haven't had time to play with it properly yet to see what I'd like it to do ;)

athtrasna wrote: »
    Nope - Android 2.2 as came with the phone. Haven't had time to play with it properly yet to see what I'd like it to do ;)

Well take a deep breath, its going to be a long and bumpy ride, lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

indeed, the galaxy s is a proper gadget

i installed the spectrum emulator and its pretty amazing

• Advertisement

Just wondering guys which do you prefer gmail or the stock email app?

A lot of people myself included use K9 Mail.

Gmail for me, but I would`nt get a **** load of mails everyday...

Gmail for me, but I would`nt get a **** load of mails everyday...

Not very popular? I heard people with darkys get more emails and are way cooler :D

This might not be true. Cheers, going to try out the stock email and k9. Nothing to complain about with gmail just want to try something different.

Not very popular? I heard people with darkys get more emails and are way cooler :D

This might not be true. Cheers, going to try out the stock email and k9. Nothing to complain about with gmail just want to try something different.

LMFAO!

I`d say there e-mails being with...how do I do this.... or...how do I get to RC5 from RC3, lol.

LMFAO!

I`d say there e-mails being with...how do I do this.... or...how do I get to RC5 from RC3, lol.

Haha :D. Made me laugh lots!

Haha :D. Made me laugh lots!

I know cause its true, lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr Porridge

Hi,

I'm new to Android. Can anyone tell me if there is going to be an Official Gingerbread release for Galaxy S in Ireland? If so is there a release date? I'm not too tech savy and don't really understand what 'flashing a ROM means'. I'd be too afraid to try it either tbh. I'm sure my question has been asked lots but I'm going around in circles.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm new to Android. Can anyone tell me if there is going to be an Official Gingerbread release for Galaxy S in Ireland? If so is there a release date? I'm not too tech savy and don't really understand what 'flashing a ROM means'. I'd be too afraid to try it either tbh. I'm sure my question has been asked lots but I'm going around in circles.

Thanks

Check out the link in the Insanity forum, its a video explaining the basics of ROM's.
    Don't go doing anything unless you know what your doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭cantalach

I'm not too tech savy and don't really understand what 'flashing a ROM means'.

Nor should you have to. Unfortunately though, I'm beginning to suspect that a large percentage of the Android community don't get this. Speaking as somebody who has developed smartphone apps for 2-3 years, even I find the nerdiness on this thread a bridge too far. 99.99% of smartphone users just want to walk into a shop, buy a smartphone, and have it work well without having to root, patch, flash, touch their nose, etc. If my experience with the Galaxy S (on Meteor) is representative of the Android experience in general, we have a long way to go yet. Rant ends.

Advertisement