Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I've had a couple of screen protectors in the 8 months I've had the phone, didnt like one of them. One reduced the sensitivity of the screen, and the other increased glare and was also really visible, not blending in to the rest of the phone.

Phone has been dropped drunkenly a couple of times, been in the same pocket as keys (accidently!) not a single scratch, anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

One reduced the sensitivity of the screen
    Most of them should not do this - it would have to be very thick for this to happen. I have a screen prtector on and touch screen will still work even if there's a layer of cloth arounf my finger. I'd imagine most screen protectors have no impact on sensitivity at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

here is my S with a screen protector and a pro tec back cover, cant take any chances scratching the screen.

few bubbles on the screen protector but its working as normal, no probs

5700278588_c0091be04d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Raoul

here is my S with a screen protector and a pro tec back cover, cant take any chances scratching the screen.

few bubbles on the screen protector but its working as normal, no probs

5700278588_c0091be04d.jpg

Whats that you are playing?

Any use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Raoul wrote: »

Any use?

speccy emulator running manic miner :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Here lads, what modems do you find best for GPS on data connection?

I`m thinking of trying JQ1, but I`m not 100% sure...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Raoul wrote: »

Any use?

You have loverly hands! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

i hate the way when i unplug the charger it goes to 99% straight away.

and can someone tell me what the folder lost.dir is please?

its on the phone and the external sd as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

crazygeryy wrote: »

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=713831

crazygeryy wrote: »

Its normal for your battery to do that, but what I do it leave it in for 20 or so minutes after it tells you it full, works for me.

The LOST.DIR is like the recycle bin from windows. Android is a linux derivate so if you delete a file via Windows PC, and forgot to unmount the device, where such files get deleeted, the LOST.DIR keeps em for recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Plugged the phone in just now and it's offering me JVH (NEE) alright. Suprised it offered it to me, as I updated through Odin last time.

Downloading and installing JVH now. Had to update KIES to the latest version.

Plugged the phone in just now and it's offering me JVH (NEE) alright. Suprised it offered it to me, as I updated through Odin last time.

Downloading and installing JVH now. Had to update KIES to the latest version.

Did you buy your phone sim free?

Nope. It was from 3Ireland.

Unbranded it when I first got it. Have been changing the product code as I need it or using Odin to flash from samfirmware.com
    Currently have it as NEE (previously XEU, XEN and 3IE at some point).
    Did you buy your phone sim free?

Unbranded it when I first got it. Have been changing the product code as I need it or using Odin to flash from samfirmware.com

I know I`ve asked this before but it just wrecks my head that I can`t get it to work.
    Its the bloody MMS, it just seems to have a mind of its own, not matter what settings I slap into it 98% of the time it won`t work.
    I saw your APN settings in your sig. and I thought I`d give it another go, I see activity but the MMS either stays downloading or does nothing.

Does anyone have there`s going?
    I`m on O2.
    I know your probably thinking why the hoe don`t you just send an e-mail, but I say I don`t want to, I want to send an MMS!!! lol

I'm on Meteor and i think I'll unbrand mine soon. i dunno what takes them so long, there is no difference between their Rom and the unbranded one - as far as i can see.

am i right in saying if i unbrand that the warranty won't be voided?

I think you do void your warranty, but someone else might correct me.
    I was also fed up waiting on updates, so I just went ahead anyway.
    I'm on Meteor and i think I'll unbrand mine soon. i dunno what takes them so long, there is no difference between their Rom and the unbranded one - as far as i can see.

am i right in saying if i unbrand that the warranty won't be voided?

I only generally use MMS for people you don't have email access on their phones. It's just handy sometimes as well. Although it takes hours if not days for some people to get an MMS.

I can't remember if you said you had a single APN for both wap and mms?

I could never get a single apn to work on 3Ireland, so I always have two. I know the WAP apn needs tweaking to get it to work (if using the samsung configs), but the MMS works as is.

I think a couple times i had to restart the phone as well actually.

I've an O2 sim somewhere. I'll throw that in the phone and see if I have any problems getting MMS to work.
    lewis wrote: »
    I know I`ve asked this before but it just wrecks my head that I can`t get it to work.
    Its the bloody MMS, it just seems to have a mind of its own, not matter what settings I slap into it 98% of the time it won`t work.
    I saw your APN settings in your sig. and I thought I`d give it another go, I see activity but the MMS either stays downloading or does nothing.

Does anyone have there`s going?
    I`m on O2.
    I know your probably thinking why the hoe don`t you just send an e-mail, but I say I don`t want to, I want to send an MMS!!! lol

I think you do void your warranty, but someone else might correct me.
    I was also fed up waiting on updates, so I just went ahead anyway.

I've heard that only rooting voids the warranty. I think it's possible to unbrand without rooting. Would like clarification.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I've just upgraded via Kies. But I'm still on Froyo

firmware 2.2.1
    Baseband version I9000XXJPY
    Build Number FROYO.XWJS8

I lost all my widgets (no big deal) but I can't connect to the internet over the mobile network??? :(

WiFi works fine.

What have I done? :confused:

I'm on O2 by the way.

And all my internet favourites gone too :mad:

Might need the APN settings? try this link
    Ben D Bus wrote: »
    ... I can't connect to the internet over the mobile network??? :(

JPY is probably the latest firmware available if it's an O2 branded phone.
    firmware 2.2.1
    Build Number FROYO.XWJS8
    I'm on O2 by the way.

• Advertisement

I`ve put in those O2 settings and weather the picture is actually sending I don`t know, there seems to be activity, but its always the same for any picture big or small.
    I had a look on 02`s site and in my area. Kildare the 3G seems to be crap, maybe its just O2 themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I`ve put in those O2 settings and weather the picture is actually sending I don`t know, there seems to be activity, but its always the same for any picture big or small.
    I had a look on 02`s site and in my area. Kildare the 3G seems to be crap, maybe its just O2 themselves?

I think i may have asked this before, but on an type have you selected internet+mms?
    that was a problem for me using mms before, but after changing to mms+ internet I've had no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

firmware 2.2.1
    Build Number FROYO.XWJS8

I lost all my widgets (no big deal) but I can't connect to the internet over the mobile network??? :(

WiFi works fine.

What have I done? :confused:

I'm on O2 by the way.

And all my internet favourites gone too :mad:

I think there was a problem with O2 mobile network last night as mine went down aslo, I changed kernel, modem, settings everything, gave up and went to bed then this morning back working normal.

I think i may have asked this before, but on an type have you selected internet+mms?
    that was a problem for me using mms before, but after changing to mms+ internet I've had no problems.

Yeah, tried the all.
    Ste- wrote: »
    I think there was a problem with O2 mobile network last night as mine went down aslo, I changed kernel, modem, settings everything, gave up and went to bed then this morning back working normal.

So are your APN settings the same as above?

Name > O2.ie Mobile Internet
    APN > interapndroid
    Proxy > 062.040.032.040
    Port > 8080
    User name > Not Set
    Password > Not Set
    Server > Not Set
    MMSC > http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002/
    MMS Port > 8080
    MCC > 272
    MNC > 02
    Authentication Type > Not Set
    APN Type > internet + mms

Also make sure if you use APN droid that the setting MMS option is ticked.
    I always have my net turned off and tasker turns it back on when required, but with MMS I have to have the connection set up first way before tasker can do it. So it must be manually turned on by me to send/recieve MMS. Took me months to get it to work! Longer than sending an email anyway.
    Hope this helps.

Name > O2.ie Mobile Internet
    APN > interapndroid
    Proxy > 062.040.032.040
    Port > 8080
    User name > Not Set
    Password > Not Set
    Server > Not Set
    MMSC > http://mmsc.mms.o2.ie:8002/
    MMS Port > 8080
    MCC > 272
    MNC > 02
    Authentication Type > Not Set
    APN Type > internet + mms

Also make sure if you use APN droid that the setting MMS option is ticked.
    I always have my net turned off and tasker turns it back on when required, but with MMS I have to have the connection set up first way before tasker can do it. So it must be manually turned on by me to send/recieve MMS. Took me months to get it to work! Longer than sending an email anyway.
    Hope this helps.

Never heard of APN droid, what`s it about?

In Nitrality/service mode/band selection, what do you have selected, 1,2,3,4?

Never heard of APN droid, what`s it about?

In Nitrality/service mode/band selection, what do you have selected, 1,2,3,4?

It seems 1 automatic is selected.
    Never changed that before.

Also this is APNdroid.

It seems 1 automatic is selected.
    Never changed that before.

Also this is APNdroid.

Ah yeah I remember that, I had used it in the past but it never seemed to work for me, but I`ll give it another go, at this stage I`ll try anything to get it working...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

First chance to post since last night.

Yes it was working again this morning, so it must have been an unfortunate coincidence that O2 went down while I was upgrading.

Overall the phone seems to be running much faster since upgrade. So maybe it was worth the stress :)

• Advertisement

Ah yeah I remember that, I had used it in the past but it never seemed to work for me, but I`ll give it another go, at this stage I`ll try anything to get it working...

The way I do it.
    Go to app drawer and select apndroid. ensure mms settign is ticked.
    go back to home screen and select apndroid to enable teh connection.
    Then use handcent to write the mms.
    and it sends.

Advertisement