Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

t0mm13b wrote: »
    Hi,

Where can I get the Galaxy S Femme, a Pink version for a girl?

Cheers :)

Are you serious?

http://www.engadget.com/2010/09/20/samsung-galaxy-s-femme-bundles-sexism-in-with-your-smartphone-pu/ (comments in that article are hilarious!)

If you want the phone purely because it's pink, I suggest you go with the tocco lite or whatever that pink one is called.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭lewis

Raoul wrote: »
    Anyone upgraded to a new rom from darkys 9.5?

I am mad to change rom, just for something different. But I want something stable and possibly gingerbread.

Insanity 8.1 just came out, I`m planning one flashing it tonight...just have to make sure I know how to do it, since I`m on 7.2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭Raoul

lewis wrote: »
    Insanity 8.1 just came out, I`m planning one flashing it tonight...just have to make sure I know how to do it, since I`m on 7.2.

Is this a stable gingerbread?

How would one go about flashing this from darkys 9.5?

Is this a stable gingerbread?

How would one go about flashing this from darkys 9.5?

The man himself says its stable.

Disable everything and anything, I`m just about to do it now so I`ll let you know how I get on.

The man himself says its stable.

Disable everything and anything, I`m just about to do it now so I`ll let you know how I get on.

You still alive??

What you mean by disable everything? disable lagfixes and things like that?

• Advertisement

You still alive??

What you mean by disable everything? disable lagfixes and things like that?

Just about, I`m half way there....

Edit: BINGO! I`m on it

Just about, I`m half way there....

Edit: BINGO! I`m on it

Well.... verdict?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Has anyone noticed when using Dolphin HD browser that the keyboard is slow to appear or become unresponsive? I switched from firefox mobile which was a little sluggish but dolphin is worse. On opera mini now and its a world apart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Got a new Galaxy S, pimped up with a 32G mem card.

Happy with it but wtf is with gmail...and android market

can you not install market apps from a pc?

It says you have no fone assigned bla bla... (on a pc)

when you do it from the fone itself the android market works..

and the duplicate contacts...:mad:

I paired my gmail up to it and was horrified to send a text message a few hours later to see about 1,000,000 contacts on my list...

people from my gmail contacts i dont even use. I just want my sim/fone contacts!!!

seriously.!?

how do you fix this, I suppose i have to remove gmail sync now and then be without android apps..?

huh./?

Well.... verdict?

Well once I got her in I went to bed, with wifi and 3G off I lost 2% 8 hours, which I thought was very good considering it was the first night.
    At the moment I`m restoring my 180 apps.
    So far from what I`ve seen its very smooth, I`m liking the old CRT lock screen, I`d say its a little bit faster than my Froyo setup, but none the less I`m glad to be on Ginger tits.
    Just one thing so far I don`t like, is the BLN stays on when using the phone, it does`nt go off after a few seconds like on Froyo, but there will be a fix for that soon, I think that`s one of the reason`s Samsung recalled it, its no biggy tough.

It can only get better from here on....

I paired my gmail up to it and was horrified to send a text message a few hours later to see about 1,000,000 contacts on my list...

people from my gmail contacts i dont even use. I just want my sim/fone contacts!!!

seriously.!?

how do you fix this, I suppose i have to remove gmail sync now and then be without android apps..?

huh./?

I think you should clear up your Google contacts and such that`s on your PC, I mean you did sync your Google to your phone so what ever is on your Gmail is going to be syncd.
    So clean up your Google crap you don`t want then re-sync.
    Why do you want to install Market apps from PC?
    As far as I know you can`t.
    Do you have the latest drivers for your phone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

seriously.!?

huh./?

Open contacts, open menu --> more --> display options --> Open Google and untick all Google contact options. This will stop all Google contacts syncing with your phone and leave you with just sim and phone (and facebook or twitter if you added them)

A better thing to do (what most android users do) is get all your sim and phone contacts into gmail, then edit them and merge them in gmail on your pc on a bigger screen (can even add pics to contacts if you like) until you have a nice tidy set of all contacts, then it will sync them to your phone, you'll then be able to use the method above and turn off showing of sim and phone contacts, all new contacts you'd save to Google and automatically get stored to your gmail. I don't have any sim or phone contacts, I use Google only to save mine.

What battery life are ye guys getting from this?

mine is shocking.

it is dead as a stone in the morning, the prev nite its pretty fully charged//.

i put on 2.3.2 gingerbread as soon as i got it,

should i put on darky ..?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mine is shocking.

I get two days out of mine with decent enough use.
    The battery takes a while to operate at optimum performance, i.e. it'll drain quickly for the first few charges.
    It really depends on what you have running in the background and how often all the apps are syncing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

mine is shocking.

Is gingerbread back out or did you get it before it was pulled

just got it friday...was from a standard google search!

build

GINGERBREAD.XWJV1

it might take a few days to optimise the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Give JVB or JVA a go, or else Darkys ROM.
    I'm on JVB and getting the longest out of the battery since I've had my SGS.

Can anyone else on Gingerbread (JVB) make a video call? I used to be able to make video calls on froyo, but it doesn't seem to work on JVB. I tap the video call button and it just makes a normal voice call. Tried 3Ireland -> 3Ireland, Voda and Meteor. Odd one.
    just got it friday...was from a standard google search!

build

GINGERBREAD.XWJV1

it might take a few days to optimise the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭moggser

is it worth goin for just yet as from what i read of it the whole lot seems like it aint fully there yet

going to put on darky 5.3

that it for tweaking for me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

going to put on darky 5.3

that it for tweaking for me...

Darky 5.3? :confused:
    I'm on 9.5, latest is the gingerbread version 10's but they're not full release yet

Anyone rocking 8.1 Insanity?
    Mine is really picking up some speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

Anyone rocking 8.1 Insanity?
    Mine is really picking up some speed.

Is SPB Shell 3D working on 8.1?

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Darky 5.3? :confused:
    I'm on 9.5, latest is the gingerbread version 10's but they're not full release yet

sorry

v10, RC 5.3

its beta apparently, but f**k it.

meant to be stable.

G1032 wrote: »
    Is SPB Shell 3D working on 8.1?

I have`nt tried it yet man, I will at some stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,958 ✭✭✭G1032

I have`nt tried it yet man, I will at some stage..

Cheers. Will you let me know as soon as you find out. I want to go to 8.1 but am unwilling to if SPB Shell 3D doesn't work. Just so used to it now....!! Thanks.

Cheers. Will you let me know as soon as you find out. I want to go to 8.1 but am unwilling to if SPB Shell 3D doesn't work. Just so used to it now....!! Thanks.

Ah man, don`t let that hold you back, it is worth it.
    I can definitely say that it is faster than Froyo, even when I had all animations on!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

It does. Installed 8.1 this afternoon.

Did anyone else find Darky's 9.5 sluggish. I eventually went back to 9.3 before moving to insanity again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

9.5 was blazing for me.

10.rc5.3 is good, but missing a few features I'd like and not perfectly stable. Though improving with every update. Whats annoying me at the moment is the addition of beta to rc. There's no problem with having RC 12, or RC9000 but theres no need for rc5betaX.

Needless to say, I'm on the latest everything. After exams i might try another ROM. Maybe insanity if the gingerbread version is good enough by then.

Yeah, Darky`s ROM has gotten sloppy, way to many RC`s.

I just did that update

wow, this is nice!

i thought i bricked my fone once as I had a problem with the 'stuck at downloading screen'

thankfully is alright now.

* never did the captivate part first and did f**k all...
    had to put on that file to get the darky rom to work....

dont want to go messing with this no more.

Captivate Users:
    1. flash Ficeto_JVB_Cappy_Odin.zip using the included odin1.3, pit and repartition
    2. download Superuser and DarkyROM apps from Market
    3. download and put on SD-Card captivate_fix.zip and Darky_v10_RC5.3.zip
    4. Run DarkyROM app, select what you want and click Menu -> Select Zip and Flash -> captivate_fix.zip
    5. After your phone installs that fix and boots back into Android, Open app again and this time select Darky_v10_RC5.3.zip
    6. Your phone will reboot and install RC5.3
    7. Enjoy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

Is there a way to change the style of the dialer(keypad) in insanity? And add back the sound for tapping a key. It's the only part of insanity I don't like.

Advertisement