Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marian Finucane

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Back today for two hours, now off for another five days.. Seems that sleeping Christmas giant that is RTE is finally waking up from hibernation though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Back today for two hours, now off for another five days.. Seems that sleeping Christmas giant that is RTE is finally waking up from hibernation though..

It's not that that annoys me most, it's the way she goes in to bat for FF and Ahern at every opportunity. She was even acting as Hanafin's PA this morning. Clearly afraid to bite the hand that fed, it'll be interesting to see if she changes tune after the GE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

She was very pro Bertie AGAIN this morning.

She was on a couple of weeks ago and the panel were discussing rugby. The topic got onto refs.

Marian goes , oh ya we interview a gay rugby ref a couple of weeks back here. She couldn't remember his name.

Dear god woman. It is Nigel Owens. And she pretends she knows about rugby.

600k a year and she cannot remember that,

Clown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

NickDrake wrote: »
    She was very pro Bertie AGAIN this morning.

She was on a couple of weeks ago and the panel were discussing rugby. The topic got onto refs.

Marian goes , oh ya we interview a gay rugby ref a couple of weeks back here. She couldn't remember his name.

Dear god woman. It is Nigel Owens. And she pretends she knows about rugby.

600k a year and she cannot remember that,

Clown

while discussing the issue of economists who predicted the crash this morning , she got economist richard currans name wrong

irishh_bob wrote: »
    while discussing the issue of economists who predicted the crash this morning , she got economist richard currans name wrong

They got Curran's name wrong... him who is one of the economists credited with having correctly predicted the crash... And who do they have contributing? Jim Power of Friend's First who got it completely wrong.. And not only did he not predict the crash, he also went out of his way to criticise Morgan Kelly (the economist that Bertie was directing the "commit suicide" remark at) for his Irish Times article predicting the property collapse.. Jim Power had to apologise to Morgan Kelly subsequently.. How the guy is still allowed to contribute to panel shows is beyond me.. his credibility is completely gone..

I've said this many times in relation to Liz O'Kane and other "experts" RTE have on their shows, but I really think should STOP having these sold called "experts" giving advice on very important issues to trusting listeners..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Marianne Faithful & Marianne Finucane, two very husky sounding women of a certain vintage, with matching husky-rasp like voices "possibly" attributed to too much smoke & alchohol wafting over the vocal chords & making them 'sound like' they gargle with razor blades. Marian (four octaves) Finucane must have the most smoke & alchohol* voice of all time on the radio, one minute she's up there screaching like a banshee, and the next minute she's in bass baritone mode sounding like Brendan Grace after a night of G&Ts accompanied by a box of Cuban cigars :)

C_3_Newsletter_576_foto.jpgmarianFinucane_209004t.jpg

smoke & alchohol* means 'to sound like' somebody who consumes too much of, and not that they actually partake themselves . . .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Heard Marian mention on yesterdays programme that she is in a wheelchair. :eek:

Shtory ? :confused:

Head of Temple Street on this morning. Some shocking statments.

1. 500 people on trollies and swine flu is not a problem

2. We provided 'useful practice' during the Christmas break. Surely we need better than that

3. Mary Harney is just a skapegoat

Then Marina says were the kids eating fireworks and toys She was corrected by saying no they were very sick. How ignorant is that?

This fella sounds totally out of touch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

The skillful way she deflected attention from the Biffo/Seanie Fitz golf game to the shooting of some US politican shows why she's paid so much.

Dirigent wrote: »
    The skillful way she deflected attention from the Biffo/Seanie Fitz golf game to the shooting of some US politican shows why she's paid so much.

I still wouldn't pay her that much.

The Biffo love in this morning is disgraceful . This is a massive story. Golfing with a crook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I didn't hear the show as I was listening to Newstalk.Did she even discuss the Sunday Times story regarding Sean Fitzpatrick? It's a huge story and as her show is the most listened to on a Sunday morning, she is effectively disseminating the news for a lot of people.Ignoring the story would be a disgrace,if that is what happened.

I didn't hear the show as I was listening to Newstalk.Did she even discuss the Sunday Times story regarding Sean Fitzpatrick? It's a huge story and as her show is the most listened to on a Sunday morning, she is effectively disseminating the news for a lot of people.Ignoring the story would be a disgrace,if that is what happened.

Another RTE cover up. She is pathetic though. Talk about being obvious about it.

Another RTE cover up. She is pathetic though. Talk about being obvious about it.

I was watching Freefall, and they had a guy from a real estate company contributing, who said that in the first half of 2006 they sold 3000 houses, and in the first half of 2007 they sold less than 100. So everybody in the related sectors (including banking) would have been well aware that the thing was about to collapse even at that stage. So by the time they were teeing off, Fitzpatrick knew the writing was on the wall.. I spose maybe the fact that Lenihan had our regulator "comical" Neary telling him that the banks were well financed made Lenihan believe that things were okay ?

The worst mistake the government made was to provide a guarantee as opposed to nationalising Anglo. As soon as they requested money from the state, they should have put all Anglo offices on lockdown and got the leaders to surrender their passports. By giving them the guarantee without condition, it allowed Drumm and Fitzpatrick to burn any of the evidence against them.. But you know yourself, always the worst deal for the taxpayer, especially when there's a couple of the elite to be saved..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Head of Temple Street on this morning. Some shocking statments.

1. 500 people on trollies and swine flu is not a problem

2. We provided 'useful practice' during the Christmas break. Surely we need better than that

3. Mary Harney is just a skapegoat
    This fella sounds totally out of touch

Listening back to this at the moment -
    Shame on Marian - the bias on the show is blatant at this stage, add in the non reporting of the Biffo incident and the rubbishing without correction of the Tribune editorial on Harney - I can only hope that the Tribune make an issue of the inference that their paper has the editorial standards of a tabloid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭GSF

I think Marian will be feeling vindicated at ignoring the golf story on Sunday morning. Sure it was all a storm in a teacup wasn't it? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Is it my imagination or is Marion shriking the Cowen story again? :rolleyes:

telekon wrote: »
    Is it my imagination or is Marion shriking the Cowen story again? :rolleyes:

interviewing this guy is pointless.

"I wasn't there"

"I had already retired"

All my colleagues were great though. They couldnt be asked to know more than the average joe :rolleyes: Basically we should pay these guys to rubber stamp forms but not expect them to think the unthinkable. Another waste of space regulator being given an hour to try to brush up his reputation.

GSF wrote: »
    interviewing this guy is pointless.

"I wasn't there"

"I had already retired"

All my colleagues were great though. They couldnt be asked to know more than the average joe :rolleyes: Basically we should pay these guys to rubber stamp forms but not expect them to think the unthinkable. Another waste of space regulator being given an hour to try to brush up his reputation.

I was more talking about the newpaper headlines at the start really.

In regards to this lad on at the moment, I think Marion is trying to make it as boring as possible so people will lose complete interest in the whole affair...its working on me anyway. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Who is it? I'm not paying attention.

mike65 wrote: »
    Some guy who was financial regulator up to 2007. I've switched off now anyway. Nothing interesting is going to come out of this. Its just somebody trying to defend their lack of action and Finnucane is just throwing him soft ball questions.

The bit that really pissed me off was at the start where they said we should stop being negative.

I'll stop being negative when the people that screwed up take responsibility for their actions and not a minute before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

anyone else getting sick of the use of the word "we" in this peice ?

i didnt do any of this crap and most people i know didnt either.

this blokes all over the place, he's just said it again that no one told em anything when he's been corrected 3 TIMES that people did, ya just fecking ignored them to keep the gravy flowing.

FFS.

This stuff annoys me no end. it wasnt bloody "US" ya tool, it was "you".

Exactly how I feel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Brian Patterson is the charlatan. He has some cheek showing himself.

Why didnt she let him answer the accountability text??

The bit at the start where he said he stopped reading Morgan Kelly annoyed me.

How can avoiding the opinion of someone who actually called it right, be a sensible response by someone who is supposed to be intelligent.

Its just so much lalalala, fingers in the ears, think happy thoughts and everything will be all right, claptrap and Finnucane wont call him out on it. :mad:

GSF wrote: »
    The bit at the start where he said he stopped reading Morgan Kelly annoyed me.

How can avoiding the opinion of someone who actually called it right, be a sensible response by someone who is supposed to be intelligent.

Its just so much lalalala, fingers in the ears, think happy thoughts and everything will be all right, claptrap and Finnucane wont call him out on it. :mad:

Its like this whole interview was perceived and rehearsed last night. There will be purposely nothing new or interesting to come from this.

Patrick Neary is the charlatan. He has some cheek showing himself.
    Its Brian Patterson not Neary.

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Ex-Financial-Regulator-blames-everybody-but-himself-for-Irelands-financial-crisis-111343984.html

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

sounds like theyre going off for a smoke and a brandy now.

jesus sometimes the montrose set sound like a clique social club where you talk about serious issues in a detatched "shure it doesnt effect me " manner.

That 'dramatic' Sunday Tribune ad regarding the Michaela Harte murder was insensitive, disgusting and misjudged.

Let it go ye vultures. :mad:

• Advertisement

sounds like theyre going off for a smoke and a brandy now.

jesus sometimes the montrose set sound like a clique social club where you talk about serious issues in a detatched "shure it doesnt effect me " manner.

She's "delighted he's looking so well though"...:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement