Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

Ah come one guys, it really isn't that bad!

Ok it probably won't win any awards but is it really necessary for a program to be perfection to be enjoyable.

I quite liked tonights episode tbh and have no problem admitting it.

Maybe people should stop picking holes and just enjoy it for what it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Ok it probably won't win any awards but is it really necessary for a program to be perfection to be enjoyable.

No, it really is that [laughably] bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

You know what would make this show cool ????

If they had dinosaurs in it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

just watched the double episode finale.

loved it.

nay sayers GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Ah it was good fun alright. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

No doubt it will be pulled apart (often rightly so) for stupidity, but that's half the fun. :)

My contribution: Jim outrunning the dinosaur.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Mr E wrote: »
    Ah it was good fun alright. Nothing spectacular, but I enjoyed it for what it was.

No doubt it will be pulled apart (often rightly so) for stupidity, but that's half the fun. :)

My contribution: Jim outrunning the dinosaur.

The sixers asking a man who has been out cold since they got there where Taylor is. How the hell could he possibly know.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Just watched season finale, must say it was awesome... Some fighting scenes also... Only disappointment
    WTF @ Lucas.. He just always seems to escape, even after getting shot twice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just watched season finale, must say it was awesome... Some fighting scenes also... Only disappointment
    WTF @ Lucas.. He just always seems to escape, even after getting shot twice

Yea, thought that was not just stupid - but very stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

a number of lol moments at the cheesiness of it, were the writers in a hurry?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Good finale (and decent second half of the season once they started advancing the plot). Disappointed that they didn't actually show the taking of Terra Nova though because that could've been the highlight of the entire season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭Sarn

I thought it was a good season finale, facepalm moments aside. So, anyone else thinking the Badlands is where the
    Bermuda Triangle people ended up?
    . It would certainly add a new dimension to the cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,007 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I only enjoy edible turkeys.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

The series did improve in the second half, and hopefully there will be a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I enjoyed the finale, and even if it's cancelled, most things were wrapped up reasonably well, while leaving a few threads for a second season, should that come about. They've darkened it a little, what with the onscreen execution of Wash, the reference to Taylor's wife getting raped before being killed and the (lame) bedroom scene. Still, they continue explaining most things like we're four year-olds and Lucas is still a scenery-chewing, overacting ar5ehole.

It's better than Falling Skies, but that's not saying much, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,807 ✭✭✭squonk

I have to admit I greatly enjoyed that double episode. It's like the show finally developed some balls and just went for it. In some ways it's easier forgive stupid plot pieces when the overall quality is good and you do have to always think that they need to do this to advance the storyline. However, Lucas getting away was stupid. Skye trying to start the armoured jeep leaving Lucas tied up in the passenger seat was only going to end one way. Hell, even capturing him was stupid. Just kill the guy straight off! Hell, she could have knee capped him and then he wouldn't have been so intent on escaping. I know that's what I'd do. Injure him just enough to keep him immobile but in a way that would be easy enough for him to recuperate later.

Still, if they keep up that level of quality if there's a season 2, then there might be some hope for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,778 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

poor cara she seemed a bit of alright and then boom

poor cara she seemed a bit of alright and the boom

Bless her...RIP :(
    And Wash....but the most devastating death of all............ :eek:

The Veggiesauraus......... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:(:(:(:(:(

No one is "beloved" on this show...not human anyways, though i'd be super miffed if they killed off a veggiesaurus!

Those BASTARDS!...they went and did it, i'm done with this show!!!!!!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just literally off from watching the finale, i'll conceed it was the best episode(s) of the season, the general consensus among critics and fans is it was the best of the entire season, best written as well.

BUT...i emplore you guys, don't be conned into thinking this show is worthy of renewal *just* because of the finale!, don't have a short memory.....imo we must take the show as a WHOLE, not one episode.

Overall TN has been very poor, badly written and acted, terrible CGI, it's been a huge waste of money. Imo that finale does not warrant a renewal as i'm seeing the show as a whole and not as a bit.

There was some very cheesy moments and bizarre plotlines, but tbf as cheesy as the dino let loose in 2149 goes, it was LOL cheesy good! I was annoyed not to see the takeover and battle for TN....pah!, they blew the budget on the pilot and script rewrites.

I did like the stuff with Jim after he woke up, being near deaf...disorientated, they used that quite effictively to relay what had happened. Again i don't deny it was a super fun finale but i just don't trust the people running this show to churn out a better season 2.

Give the budget over to series 5 of Fringe!

Yakuza wrote: »
    I enjoyed the finale, and even if it's cancelled, most things were wrapped up reasonably well, while leaving a few threads for a second season, should that come about. They've darkened it a little, what with the onscreen execution of Wash, the reference to Taylor's wife getting raped before being killed and the (lame) bedroom scene. Still, they continue explaining most things like we're four year-olds and Lucas is still a scenery-chewing, overacting ar5ehole.

It's better than Falling Skies, but that's not saying much, I guess.

Honestly, after seeing both series from start to finish...i think Falling Skies is much better, grittier...and has alot more potential for a second season and potential overall as a show then Terra Nova has.

• Advertisement

I like the final paragraph from tv.com's summary :D

http://www.tv.com/news/terra-nova-a-thing-of-the-past-27438/
    I'm actually going to miss Terra Nova, as it provided almost the same kind of entertaining weekly turd-fest as The Event. But have no fear: Some network will shovel another poor excuse for science-fiction our way soon. And then we'll all tune in and meet up here once again. Thanks for reading, folks. Time to get to work on some Maddy and Mark fan fiction

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It was ok and had some moment of enjoyment but it barely topped the quality of the past few episodes. That CGI carno was terrible, looked more claymation then CGI just before it's running after Shannon but the ideas laid out in the episode would make for an intriguing season 2 only if the writing is done a whole load better, if not, I don't see the point.

Some sites are reporting reports of the writers and developers securing the actors for season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

It was ok and had some moment of enjoyment but it barely topped the quality of the past few episodes. That CGI carno was terrible, looked more claymation then CGI just before its running after Shannon but he ideas laid out in the episode would make for an intriguing season 2 only if the writing is done a whole load better, if not, I don't see the point.

Some sites are reporting reports of the writers and developers securing the actors for season 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Cork boy 55

just watched second last "episode" :pac:

questions
    Why was not the sixer mole not executed? all talyor did was shoot
    her
    a dirty look and refused to speak to her:confused:

Why was
    shannon son
    not executed for helping the mole? :confused:

Some very poor internal security procedures on display :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

So...the last ep of the first season has aired.
    Were they transported into the future, not the past??
    :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

spoiler:
    i was thinking along the line of the bermuda triangle is another portal as it was the bow of a ship

anyone else think this?

spoiler:
    i was thinking along the line of the bermuda triangle is another portal as it was the bow of a ship

anyone else think this?

Only the world and his dog.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,897 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Only the world and his dog.:D
    Beat me to it :D
    ads20101 wrote: »
    So...the last ep of the first season has aired.
    Were they transported into the future, not the past??
    confused.gif
    Dont the friggin dinosaurs put a bit of a hole in that theory?

Thargor wrote: »

They could be stealing ideas from Primeval.:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

Thargor wrote: »
    Beat me to it :D

Ok, ok....point taken....blond moment over;)

Advertisement