Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terra Nova - Fox *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

'kay, figure I may aswel give the show a third chance considering all the rave reviews of the finale. Is it too little too late though?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

well its certinaly not beyond the limits of sci fi to allow the dinos to be reborn after some sort of disaster in earths future. though i think a second gateway to the past is more likely

whatever reason i feel they need to give the show a second series at least. many series need a few tweeks to get good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,884 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They should have made it really dark and grim like BSG or Game of Thrones or something, they're escaping from a dying planet and they all act and talk like characters from Home and Away, they had a ridiculously high budget for each episode, imagine if HBO or someone had that money to play with.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,884 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

They should have made it really dark and grim like BSG or Game of Thrones or something, they're escaping from a dying planet and they all act and talk like characters from Home and Away, they had a ridiculously high budget for each episode, imagine if HBO or someone had that money to play with.

Also they know they're in the past because astronomy and other techniques will tell them that, theres no way in hell its going to turn out that they're in the future instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

aaaaahhhhhhhhh yes but are they not in a parralle universe past to get around time paradox .

this is the scfi get out of jail free card and basicly means anything goes. i still dont think they will go down that road but its a possability

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,987 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

aaaaahhhhhhhhh yes but are they not in a parralle universe past to get around time paradox .

this is the scfi get out of jail free card and basicly means anything goes. i still dont think they will go down that road but its a possability

If they cancel it, they only road they'll be going down is the one to the unemployment office.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Lads, I wanna catch up on this (Only seen the pilot) but given everyone's opinion of it, I'm not THAT bothered. Are there any key episodes I should watch or would I be doing myself a favor just watching the finale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

Conor108 wrote: »
    Lads, I wanna catch up on this (Only seen the pilot) but given everyone's opinion of it, I'm not THAT bothered. Are there any key episodes I should watch or would I be doing myself a favor just watching the finale?
    I thought it was a great series, watch the 2nd and 3rd ep and see if you like it.

An awful lot of bitching about insignificant stuff goes on on these threads, if you use these as a review base you'd never watch anything.

I thought it was a great series, watch the 2nd and 3rd ep and see if you like it.

An awful lot of bitching about insignificant stuff goes on on these threads, if you use these as a review base you'd never watch anything.

Like it being one huge yawning crap-fest from beginning to end?:pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

ejmaztec wrote: »

:D;)

• Advertisement

:D;)

I'm now expecting Steven Spielberg to announce that it wasn't him on the credits, but some unknown called Steven Spellberg whose name was written down incorrectly.

I'm now expecting Steven Spielberg to announce that it wasn't him on the credits, but some unknown called Steven Spellberg whose name was written down incorrectly.

Maybe they hired Senor Spielbergo? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Ah i hope it doesn't get cancelled,i want to know what's in the badlands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

:eek:

How do you know this?? Did you watch it all??:p:pac:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,064 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I've watched all the episodes, it is quite cheesy in places. And the evil "others" they stole out of lost and mad max are the worst offenders. Just because you're in a rebel camp does not mean you have to have mohawks and tattoos.

Lucas is a bit mad as well.

It's entertaining. Needs more babes. Only have Sky really. Wash was a bit butch, though nice tshirt in the final episodes. Nerd daughter too nerdy.

In regard to the prow of the ship. I'm going to go with naturally occurring tear in the space time continuum that has been randomly sending crap back for god knows how long.

I fully expect to see cannons, lances, gold doubloons, and extra peg legs for all.

I suppose one missing battle group or aircraft carrier jammed with supplies could swing the balance.

Wonder can stuff from beyond 2149 travel back. Future future guns.

:eek:

How do you know this?? Did you watch it all??:p:pac:

I had to watch it all because I'm a glutton for punishment.:(

....and besides, it's hard to take the piss out of a programme if you don't watch it.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

I enjoy TN. It's light entertainment, although tbh I would like it to have been a bit grittier and darker, but I suppose they were kinda going for one all the family can watch.

I can understand the lads here that don't, but in fairness not ever show can be as good as a HBO production.

I hope it gets a second season, it's viewing figures are decent (Viewing Figures) compared to others that often get renewed, but of course it is on Fox so who knows :pac:

Also in regards to its high budget, the location and sets are what had the costs so high. I remember reading recently the producers said a significant amount would be saved on a second season, as the sets were all constructed and paid off now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

Just watched the finale. Enjoyed it. Interested to see where the story goes so hope they renew it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Stopped watching at episode 7. Have the rest all on my pc ready to watch but just have no will or desire to actually bother because it had been fairly shocking. Is it worth watching the rest of the episodes,does it get anyway better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

tvnutz wrote: »
    Stopped watching at episode 7. Have the rest all on my pc ready to watch but just have no will or desire to actually bother because it had been fairly shocking. Is it worth watching the rest of the episodes,does it get anyway better?

Oh man, you stopped watching just before they copped on. Watch the rest. I know the writing was a little dodgy in places, but I for one enjoyed the show. The premise is sound and with a little tweak here and there there is real potential. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I stuck with it and got round to watching the finale yesterday. I hope it gets another series. It was awful at times earlier in the season but I thought the finale was pretty damn great. I still feel there needs to be far more emphasis on the actual dinosaurs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

http://www.deadline.com/2011/12/terra-nova-moves-to-pick-up-stars-jason-omara-stephen-lang-add-high-level-writers-while-awaiting-renewal-decision/
    Fox has not made a decision on a Terra Nova renewal, but the series’ producers are moving to secure key actors and beef up writer ranks to be ready for production on Season 2. The options on the cast of the prehistoric drama are up on December 31, and I’ve learned that pickups for stars Jason O’Mara and Stephen Lang are imminent. With the cast options’ expiration date looming, the network originally was expected to make a decision on the series last week, following a top-level meeting between the heads of 20th Century Fox, which produces Terra Nova, and Fox on December 16. That didn’t happen, but the pickup of sought-after actors O’Mara and Lang gives Fox a little bit of breathing room, and the network is now expected to make its decision in January. That would make for a very tight production schedule on Terra Nova, which has to begin filming in April to make a September premiere date because of the series’ extensive post-production, including visual effects.

The search is already underway for high-level writers to join executive producers Brannon Braga and Rene Echevarria in Season 2 as the network and studio are looking to elevate the writing on the show going forward. Last night’s two-hour season finale drew a 2.2 rating in adults 18-49 and 7.2 million viewers, a tad better than last week’s series low; it didn’t make Fox’s decision easier by making the case for a renewal one way or the other. And the network has to make the call on Terra Nova in a vacuum, before having seen its development for next season. (Fox faces similar pressure to rule on the future of veteran House next month to give the veteran series time for a proper sendoff should this be its final season.) Still, with strong DVR viewing, big international sales and Peter Chernin and Steven Spielberg behind it, Terra Nova at this point appears likely to be renewed.

I wonder is there any truth behind it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I finally got around to watching the last couple of episodes. It really does improve towards the end (bar some dodgy acting and CGI). I'd certainly keep watching if it was renewed, but I wouldn't be totally devastated if it were cancelled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

(bar some dodgy acting and CGI)

Seriously though the CGI grew more sucky with each episode. They would want to sort that if they do bring it back

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Terra Nova has been cancelled.
    Unless another network picks it up, it won't be coming back.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=87730

• Registered Users Posts: 6,439 ✭✭✭touts

Mr E wrote: »

For the potential that's a pity.
    For the execution it's no surprise.

They took a potential BSG and targeted the Dawson's Creek market with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,466 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thats an insult to Dawsons Creek (which wasn't actually bad)
    More like 7th Heaven I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭ads20101

As I've said previously, the season had some faults but had huge potential. Just another network making a stupid decision with sci fi. Damn shame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats an insult to Dawsons Creek (which wasn't actually bad)
    More like 7th Heaven I think.

At least 7th Heaven got 11 seasons :p

Advertisement