Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kenny sacks Bruton

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

Not very impressed by rb, It comes across as it's his god given right to be toasieach. Pk got it spot on if enda wins god help enda, Richard and fg in general. Haven't heard many fg members outside of Dublin supporting rb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I don't blame Richard Bruton one bit for this 'political suicide', someone who feels so strongly about this should never have been forced to sit on his hands until after possibly Kenny gets elected .

I think it would have been worse if he waited, I've a lot more respect for him after today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 cagney88

While I have always though that Enda was the Alan Partridge of party leaders, I think what Richard Bruton has done is to expose the fragility of the party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 historyoflime

No applause for Bruton on The Frontline...

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭SB-08

Ivan Yates has pretty much confirmed that up to 10 front benchers inclduing Leo, Simon Coveny and Brian Hayes will express no confidence in Enda tomorrow and offer their resignation. Even if he wins the vote overall he will lose most of his competent people so he will have to go.

Bruton didnt come accross as well as usual in the interview - pretty nervous actually. I wonder why he had to leave so quickly - hopefully he is off to Vincent Browne:D

• Advertisement

SB-08 wrote: »
    hopefully he is off to Vincent Browne:D

Vincent just confirmed Bruton will be joining him after the break. Should be a lot more entertaining than the Frontline interview - I am sure Vincent will try to wind him up and no doubt take credit for his decision to challenge Enda.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

If 10 front benchers have no confidence in Enda his position is untenable and must resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Jessica Fletcher off Tv3 said 9 frontbenchers are behind Bruton. Could be all over by the afternoon tomorrow.

bleg wrote: »
    If 10 front benchers have no confidence in Enda his position is untenable and must resign.

I have a feeling Kenny will have to be physically removed as the leader tbh - I think he will sack the 9 or 10 tomorrow and then win the overall vote by a small amount on Thursday and will attempt to continue on and in turn ruin the party. He can either resign or ruin the party by sacking most of it's main front benchers. The only option is for him to resign and if he can't see that then he has no hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Interesting comparison between Bruton performances on Frontline & Vincent Browne. Pretty decent performance on Frontline but imo he is getting filleted by Browne

• Advertisement

VB's burning the life outa Bruton..

Jesus..Bruton was laughing like a little girl again..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Appalling answer by Bruton when asked the obvious question by Browne about the timing just before the no confidence motion in Cowen. He seemed to regard the dail vote as irrelevant ... a pretty inappropriate answer for someone that has aspirations to be Taoiseach.

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Flimbos

VB's interview with Bruton is a lot more interesting than PK's.

Will Richard Bruton stick around to review the morning's papers though??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

dixiefly wrote: »
    Appalling answer by Bruton when asked the obvious question by Browne about the timing just before the no confidence motion in Cowen. He seemed to regard the dail vote as irrelevant ... a pretty inappropriate answer for someone that has aspirations to be Taoiseach.

It is irrelevant. It was an automatic reaction to the opinion poll with no real ramifications except a bit of shadow boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Wide Road

Richard is a very busy man travelling from rte studios to tv3. Listening to him on V Browne, it looks like Dr James O'Reilly got it completly wrong when he expects Richard Bruton to rejoin the front bench after Enda wins the leadership battle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Top marks to Pat Rabbitte for bringing up the real political issue of this week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Banter Joe

dixiefly wrote: »

Yeah, giving an honest answer. This guy doesn't stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭snow ghost

What an embarassment on Vincent Browne - Bruton giggling away like a little child after being put on the ropes by Browne.

Does this Muppet Bruton honestly think he offers a viable alternative as a leader? He has no charisma, no credibility and no integrity as for him being a leader, that is just ridiculous.

He stabbed his leader in the back when the focus should clearly have been on ousting Cowen et al, and this giggling traitor with nothing to offer is doing more damage to his party than anyone could imagine.

Bruton - a disgraceful weasel.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

snow ghost wrote: »
    What an embarassment on Vincent Browne - Bruton giggling away like a little child after being put on the ropes by Browne.

Does this Muppet Bruton honestly think he offers a viable alternative as a leader? He has no charisma, no credibility and no integrity as for him being a leader, that is just ridiculous.

He stabbed his leader in the back when the focus should clearly have been on ousting Cowen et al, and this giggling traitor with nothing to offer is doing more damage to his party than anyone could imagine.

location = westport. lol.

• Advertisement

Sadly, i agree with most of that..

Aidric wrote: »
    location = westport. lol.

Location = irrelavant, never voted for Fine Gael in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭tracert

I think he does this when he gets nervous. Vincent pressed him last week about backing Kenny and he ended up doing the giggling and ("jokingly") saying of course he'd love to be Taoiseach- giggle giggle. It's like hearing nails on a black board coupled with watching somebody fall over.

Seriously...wtf is he at..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That's a fairly damning indictment of Kenny if what Sheehan just said is true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Rather Bruton showing that he is confident, relaxed, in control and has a sense of humour. All of which Kenny is lacking.

RonMexico wrote: »
    Rather Bruton showing that he is confident, relaxed, in control and has a sense of humour. All of which Kenny is lacking.

Come on... giggling away like school child caught pinching a cookie from the cookie jar doesn't engender any statesmen like qualities in him.

Kenny might be a bit wooden at times, but I believe he has integrity. After Bruton's actions, I believe Bruton he has no integrity and would be unelectable as leader.

Moreover, Bruton gave a weak drivelleing response when Browne asked him what he stood for.

Fianna Fail must be hoping that Bruton does oust Kenny - because it FF's only chance of getting into government after the next election.

Bruton is an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

The woman at the end of the panel pointed out that Bruton has just given Fianna Fáil and Cowen a lifeline....distracting the media from the real issue.

Browne touched on it, but didn't pursue it.

I hope to god it's not the case, because if so Bruton has just done his country a massive disservice.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,674 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

RonMexico wrote: »

actually Kenny is known to be quite entertaining company(a good story teller), with a good sense of humour if you meet him in a social setting.
    Bruton in the VB interview comes across as sly and childish.
    He obviously wants the leadership above the party getting back into power by pulling the rug from under Kenny now. He should have waited at least until the next negative opinion poll as this just smacks of opportunism and it takes the scrutiny off the two damning reports.

• Advertisement

actually Kenny is known to be quite entertaining company(a good story teller), with a good sense of humour if you meet him in a social setting.
    Bruton in the VB interview comes across as sly and childish.
    He obviously wants the leadership above the party getting back into power by pulling the rug from under Kenny now. He should have waited at least until the next negative opinion poll as this just smacks of opportunism and it takes the scrutiny off the two damning reports.

The next negative opinion poll could have been a GE.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement