Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Hopefully can get the monies together to get 2 tix :D

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Paddy GT

cant wait for this - any idea what time you would want to start queuing at to get a pit pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

RonMexico wrote: »
    Good to see all the people who are not going to the gig out trolling the GNR threads again.

aaawww months later and you are still crying troll...i think it's charming you fight to up hold the honour of the fair maiden Axl...enjoy the gig:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

It is just annoying when every thread on GNR is hijacked by the same people posting the same **** about a line up that they hate.

I love all versions of the GNR, classic being best (duh) and the current one giving one hell of a show lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

RonMexico wrote: »
    It is just annoying when every thread on GNR is hijacked by the same people posting the same **** about a line up that they hate.

I love all versions of the GNR, classic being best (duh) and the current one giving one hell of a show lately.

I'm neutral on this and can see both sides of the debate.

If he had legal rights to, and on his latest tour and album, Paul McCartney called himself The Beatles, the public wouldn't nor the media would tolerate it for a second.

Or Bono as U2, Jon Bon Jovi as Bon Jovi, Sting as The Police, Suggs as Madness etc etc.

Let's face it, if he toured as The Axl Rose Band, he wouldn't be playing The O2 on the back of Chinese Democracy.

In saying that, I can see how people are pissed off listening to the complaints.

Let's hope it's a cracking gig that the crowd are up for anyway and they leave the bitching about Axl for post-gig pints ;)

• Advertisement

First Axl 'Tweet' since the hack just there:
    "Bkstage at Reading. Tour's ON! Our apologies 4 any inconvenience. Peace!"

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

OutlawPete wrote: »
    I'm neutral on this and can see both sides of the debate.

If he had legal rights to, and on his latest tour and album, Paul McCartney called himself The Beatles, the public wouldn't nor the media would tolerate it for a second.

Or Bono as U2, Jon Bon Jovi as Bon Jovi, Sting as The Police, Suggs as Madness etc etc.

Let's face it, if he toured as The Axl Rose Band, he wouldn't be playing The O2 on the back of Chinese Democracy.

In saying that, I can see how people are pissed off listening to the complaints.

Let's hope it's a cracking gig that the crowd are up for anyway and they leave the bitching about Axl for post-gig pints ;)
    I was on the fence too and just tuned into BBC3 to see em headline the Reading Festival and they refused to show their performance..BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..well theres always more Queens of the Stone Age so:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

http://www.gigwise.com/news/58114/Guns-N'-Roses-Jeered-As-They-Headline-Reading-Festival-2010
    Guns N’ Roses were jeered by the crowd as they headlined the opening day of this year’s Reading festival tonight (August 27).

The band, fronted by Axl Rose, arrived on stage 60 minutes late, prompting several audience members to leave before their set started.

And the crowd continued to disperse during the band’s performance, which fused songs from recent album ‘Chinese Democracy’ with their classic hits.
    But organisers eventually cut sound to the main stage when the band's set over-ran.

The festival marked Guns N’ Roses first appearance in the UK since they headlined Leeds festival in 2002.

The band kicked off their set with ‘Chinese Democracy’, which was accompanied by the first of several pyrotechnics displays.

The song was followed by renditions of ‘Welcome To The Jungle’, ‘It’s So Easy’ and ‘Mr Brownstone’.

Rose changed costumes throughout the band’s performance - mixing his headwear between cowboy hats and bandanas - and often spent time off stage while the rest of the band played instrumentally.

The singer, who was on energetic form despite festival-goer’s meek reception, rarely spoke to the crowd, expect at one point to tell the them: “I smell cannabis.”

He also took a brief moment to introduce the band’s current line-up, which includes Replacements bassist Tommy Stinson.

Guns N’ Roses performance also included a cover of the Wings classic ‘Live And Let Die’, which was again supplemented by a pyrotechnic display.

It wasn't until the end of their set that the band finally began to win over the crowd, playing the hits ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’, ‘November Rain’ and ‘Night Train’.
    But due to their late arrival, organisers were forced to cut the band's sound at midnight (BST), leaving drummer Frank Ferrer to lead the crowd with a drum-only rendition of 'Paradise City'.
    Festival director Melvin Benn had warned the band about breaking the festival's curfew earlier in the week.
    Rose ended the band's set in the pit thanking members of the crowd, before staging a sit down
    Doesn't the o2 have a curfew too?

Some video footage of the sound being cut here:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52736

Set List

'Chinese Democracy'
    'Welcome To The Jungle'
    'It's So Easy'
    'Mr. Brownstone'
    'Sorry'
    'Richard Fortus Guitar Solo'
    'Live And Let Die'
    'This I Love'
    'Rocket Queen'
    'Dizzy Reed Piano Solo'
    'Street Of Dreams'
    'You Could Be Mine'
    'DJ Ashba Guitar Solo'
    'Sweet Child O' Mine'
    'Instrumental Jam'
    'Axl Rose Piano Solo'
    'November Rain'
    'Night Train'
    'Paradise City' (with the sound cut)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

now THAT is the reason why i didn't waste 160Euro on tickets for me and my wife, don't know if the prick's gonna be on his period or not and turn up 2hrs late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

scudzilla wrote: »
    now THAT is the reason why i didn't waste 160Euro on tickets for me and my wife, don't know if the prick's gonna be on his period or not and turn up 2hrs late

I'll be honest and say despite defending GNR in everything I do, mark my words, there's going to be a RIOT on Wed in the 02....I can see this gig going really badly...and it pains me to say that, but after his performance last night, I'm just gutted he was such a cocksucker...not a single song allowed for broadcast, yet all taped, just in case....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

What wasn't reported in that brief reveiw was Axl telling the crowd that they wont play Leeds.

Quote from Andy Copping's (Festival booker for Download and Live Nation Promoter) Twitter:
    Axl said he wouldn't play Leeds because of the debacle (in his mind) of tonight

Reason being because they got fined for breaking the curfew and had the power to the stage cut at midnight.

Think i'll go along on wednesday night, just sit outside and wait for the riots, sell bricks at €2 a pop ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Think i'll go along on wednesday night, just sit outside and wait for the riots, sell bricks at €2 a pop ;)

Cya there Scudz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Some video footage of the sound being cut here:

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52736

Set List

'Chinese Democracy'
    'Welcome To The Jungle'
    'It's So Easy'
    'Mr. Brownstone'
    'Sorry'
    'Richard Fortus Guitar Solo'
    'Live And Let Die'
    'This I Love'
    'Rocket Queen'
    'Dizzy Reed Piano Solo'
    'Street Of Dreams'
    'You Could Be Mine'
    'DJ Ashba Guitar Solo'
    'Sweet Child O' Mine'
    'Instrumental Jam'
    'Axl Rose Piano Solo'
    'November Rain'
    'Night Train'
    'Paradise City' (with the sound cut)

Too many solos in the set for my liking. Surely 2 piano solos is a bit much don't you think?

Here's the problem the way i see it, The Promoters will know fcuk all, apart from what Axl said in his onstage rant, so will have the set times still the same, with QOTSA finishing around 20:00

GnR's crew will probably still set up the stage, then it'll be up to Axl if he decides to show or not, if he doesn't then there will be BIG riots, like a few years back when they played Leeds, if he does, and walks off then big riots again.

If i were the Promoters, i'd tell Axl & Co not to bother turning up and shuffle the stages round a bit.

QOTSA?

QOTSA?

Sorry, i was moanin about him at Reading/Leeds this weekend.

Sorry, i was moanin about him at Reading/Leeds this weekend.

Pity. I would have been straight out to buy a ticket if they were supporting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

From DJ Ashba's Twitter page :

"READING FESTIVAL - Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they payed for. This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies. However, our fans payed to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that. Sad that this promoter's music festival has little too do with the fans or the love for music. Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!! "

• Advertisement

Here's the end of the gig, with them refusing to leave the stage.

I think at the end when they come back on with the megaphone, they must be holding an MP3 player up to it or something, cause you can hear the original Paradise City.

Here's some of the best of what's been uploaded so far:

From DJ Ashba's Twitter page :

"READING FESTIVAL - Apparently the promoter has had a personal grudge with GN'R stemming from 8 years ago, if this was the case why book the band? He knows our show. Let me guess... To take our fans money and then not allow us to give them a show that they payed for. This was clearly not a curfew thing because after cutting our power like a selfish money grubbing prick, he allowed music blasting through out the venue till the early morning. For us this was all about the fans, the show and the music. For the promoter it was all about the money and not about the fans or the music. The promoter was already being a cocky f$#k in the press before we arrived, so yes we went on a little late, and for this we apologies. However, our fans payed to see a show, and that's why we showed up, too give them just that. Sad that this promoter's music festival has little too do with the fans or the love for music. Last night was insane! They pulled the power, but failed to kill the connection as 90,000 people sang Paradise City. Much love to you all!!! "

He's moaning and whining that they care for the fans, yet admits they left the fans standing in the rain for over an hour because they didn't like the promoters :confused::confused:

Fcukin priick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

He's moaning and whining that they care for the fans, yet admits they left the fans standing in the rain for over an hour because they didn't like the promoters :confused::confused:

Fcukin priick

He followed it up with this tweet:

"Seems some of you took my post out of context. I in NO way meant that we went on late because the promoter was being a cocky prick. I simply stated that, then I went on to apologies to the fans for us going on a little late. Peace out. "

He followed it up with this tweet:

"Seems some of you took my post out of context. I in NO way meant that we went on late because the promoter was being a cocky prick. I simply stated that, then I went on to apologies to the fans for us going on a little late. Peace out. "

Instead of having to apologize to fans for coming on late, why don't they just make sure they get on stage on time. Every other band manages to do it.

Instead of having to apologize to fans for coming on late, why don't they just make sure they get on stage on time. Every other band manages to do it.

That's because in a band, all the members have a say, mostly an equal say.

In GnR the only one who has a say is Axl, the others must do what he does, just session musicians all said and done

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

what a ****in dick. why someone would pay good money to go and see this feckin ejit is beyond me. he obviously doesn't even have any repect for the people that buy tickets to go and see him and his band of hired hands. it is beyond a joke-a farce more like. i guess when he has the rights to the name some people will buy into it-people who don't even know the history of Guns and what a knob he is. well now they are experiencing it first hand. a shadow of his former self (well kinda :D) and still as big a prick as he ever was

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

There on the red button on BBC atm. Personally his voice does not sound the best

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

axel is just a muppet , self ish git that thinks he's rock and roll!!!!! he well passed it , and the state of his "dancing "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

Axl told the fans that they wanted to play for the fans but the cops and promoters want to "f**k us in the a$$"...no Axl, you're an hour late, your job is to be on time, for the short time you work. Try a 9 to 5 you washed up ego maniac.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

I was tempted to go to this gig on wed, but after seeing the footage of Jungle and November Rain i decided 140 quid is not worth it, and also the fact im in work on thursday at 8 and my last bus home is at half 11 its not worth the risk,

I've been following this thread since the start and hearing good things about the live performances but after the shambles at the weekend i'm done,

I would much rather take my fianceé to see blink tonight but again saw them on bbc3 at the weekend and the guitarist has somehow gotten worse with the vocals :S

But anywho, It's not worth it going tomorrow,

I hope the guys and gals here who are going have a good time and it all goes ok and he puts on a great show but how many of you still have that amount of faith?

Advertisement