Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Wonder if anyone will have banners that will piss him off.

Heard on a recent tour, someone on a balcony had a "Bring back Izzy, Duff and Slash" on a giant banner or something and his staff had it removed before the gig started.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

<irony>Yeah, great idea to pay for a ticket with the only intention to piss the artist off.
    Also, absolutely in favor of all the people in the audience that went there to actually enjoy the show, since they see a pissed of artist that will definitely play extra long encores...</irony>

Jeez, can't these people just go get a life and cope with the present rather than living in the past...? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Heard on a recent tour, someone on a balcony had a "Bring back Izzy, Duff and Slash" on a giant banner or something and his staff had it removed before the gig started.

That's not true. I should know, I make it my business to know these things, and that certainly never happened. There was a story from Canada in 2010 about some guy dressing as Slash and another as Buckethead trying to get into the arena for a gig and being told to take off the costumes or go home. Some reporter saw it and then started this massive story about Slash being banned from shows and security confiscating top hats. Absolutely absurd.

Look, let's face facts, this is a new band with a new line up - just they're playing bigger arena's then the likes of the Human League who "reformed" with a new line up - so just go if you want to see the new band and stay away and don't bother commenting if you want to see the old band. Do you think people go to Roxy Music concerts and heckle Bryan Ferry because Brian Eno isn't on the keyboards anymore?

You had your chance to comment on the significance of this line up change when they played London in 2002, or Dublin in 2006...in 2010 this is almost a decade old news and just like the whole 'it's not Sepultura without Max' argument, there is NOTHING anyone can do about it other then the five members of Guns N Roses...who obviously don't want to anything about it.

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Jeez, can't these people just go get a life and cope with the present rather than living in the past...? :(

I see that and all but I understand the other side too.

Some people are just massive old school GnR fans and agree with Slash that he shouldn't be using the GnR name, even if he does have a legal right to it.
    You had your chance to comment on the significance of this line up change when they played London in 2002, or Dublin in 2006..

What are you waffling about?

I did not express a dissatisfaction with the line-up.

You can make it your business to know what the fcuk you like mate.

I heard that his staff removed a banner during the support act at one of the gigs and if I want to post on here and wonder if that is likely to happen in three weeks time at the O2, then I will.

[...]Some people are just massive old school GnR fans and agree with Slash that he shouldn't be using the GnR name, even if he does have a legal right to it.[...]

I'm one of them and I agree to all that. I've been to a Guns N'Roses concert in 1991, front-row, and of course I prefer the line-up back then too.

But I do accept that things have changed and I'm able to enjoy the concerts that Axl & band are playing these days and don't want to have these shows ruined by people who cannot accept the change. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Danko Jones supporting :rolleyes:

Think I seen them supporting Motorhead one year, jeez they were brutal.

Was that the gig in the RDS? Soil, One Minute Silence etc?

I roadied that day for my mates who opened (Breed 77), said i'd do it for free, all gear packed away by 1.30pm, got leathered in the free bar for the rest of the day, standin on the balcony overlookin the bands. Great day.

But yeah, they were woeful

First saw GnR in '87, This band playin The Point next month sure aint GnR in my eyes

if I want to post on here and wonder if that is likely to happen in three weeks time at the O2, then I will.

I re read what I'd written and realise my tone came across a little harsh and I apologise for that, I wasn't conveying the message directly at yourself, except to say that I don't believe the particular story about this banner. That said, it could well be true.

It was actually the message the banner stated that infuriated me, the idea that even after a decade removed from these musicians, people are still paying a lot of money to go to Axl Rose's concerts and abuse him or mock him indirectly....I personally think that people had their chance to complain about the new line up in 2006 and 2002 when they first hit Europe, they had their chance to feel "fooled into buying a ticket for GNR when it wasn't GNR" and I think this whole attitude about the new band has to end, because the new band is no longer a new band, and they've already played here once with their new line up and played all over the world with that line up.

It is my belief that anyone going to see Guns N Roses in three weeks time is entitled to their opinion, but should at least be fully aware that this is a new line up, and no amount of wining and complaining is going to bring Duff, Slash, Izzy, Steven or even Gilby back. Most know this but there are still people who cannot seem to accept that the band broke up, Axl hired replacements, he finally released an album and now we have moved on and GNR is the band it is today. Period. Whether the old line up is better or not is irrelevant.

I think that, again, in general....those who feel bad against this band should leave them well enough alone - and let those with an open mind, like you and me, enjoy the concert in peace.

You have to admit that no other band gets more abuse on this forum then Guns N Roses

And just a general word of warning to everyone, it's been said here before, but this concert is going to feature A LOT of material from the album Chinese Democracy. If you don't like it, can't stand it and you don't want to listen to it, then you're better off staying at home. Seriously. If you're paying 75Euro to see Axl Rose sing 'Sweet Child O' Mine' then purchase a DVD or a CD, you will be disappointed...save your money....please.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Niall Keane

I have two standing tickets and would like to exchange for two seated tickets?
    Please PM if interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was that the gig in the RDS? Soil, One Minute Silence etc?

No think it was one of the Ambassador gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭iainconlon12

Hmm. Gig is off apparently?

http://twitter.com/axlrose

• Advertisement

Any word why?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Any word why?

Im guessing Axel's a twat ..whats new ?

My money is on a hacked account.

My Twitter was hacked last month and they posted a link to a virus.

I think if they were really canceled, it would be on the news.

In saying that, could be a publicity stunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

Hacked.

All his previous posts were "via Twitter for iPhone" ...the latest one was posted "via mobile web" :pac:

And of course the official band profile take two and a half hours to reply to it....then just say they're looking into it....
    They could delete the tweet...or get the account back...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

ITS FAKE.

Thankfully, it is fake

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LpPepper

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

He probably had an easy to figure password like axlisgod.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I think this was just one of those "Any free publicity is good publicity" tricks which are commonly used to get artist/band name published everywhere in the press...

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

the fact that its called 'Guns n Roses' is a joke anyway. One original member? Whatever. not if the ejit was across the street :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Good to see all the people who are not going to the gig out trolling the GNR threads again.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

just telling it as it is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nommm

baz123 wrote: »
    the fact that its called 'Guns n Roses' is a joke anyway. One original member? Whatever. not if the ejit was across the street :D
    Lots of bands continue and keep the name even if the majority of the band leave. It's nothing new.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

baz123 wrote: »
    just telling it as it is :)

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Two weeks tomorrow night. Haven's seen them since Slane and looking forward to it. I would imagine those not going will be relying on some pictures which no doubt will be here for you to browse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

This should be a bit of craic. Have four or five for definite headin up and maybe one or two more. No accommodation booked yet but sure it'll be alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

@Shryke. Just booked a room at Jurys Inn, Parnell Street. 59 euro for the room for three adults.

• Advertisement

I would recommend this hotel:

www.ripleycourt.com

very central, good prices, nice rooms and breakfast. Close to Connolly station from where the Luas takes 5 minutes to the Point Depot. :)

Advertisement