Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There was "plenty"...yeah far from a sell out, and nice big gaps from what i could see...i'm not a hater, just a ex-fan who felt robbed after that gig...dodgy vocals, massive pointless solos, worst gig ive been to.

It was very near to being sold out actually. Maybe it was a mistake to get seated tickets at a GNR concert. I was standing near the front and people were having a great time. Quit whining like a baby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭johnny_knoxvile

RonMexico wrote: »
    It was very near to being sold out actually. Maybe it was a mistake to get seated tickets at a GNR concert. I was standing near the front and people were having a great time. Quit whining like a baby.

haha sorry i upset you... No glad i had seated tickets, it was grand when Axl was doing his Elton John impressions, and when there were endless solos by guys who weren't in the original line up, i got to take a nap! "very near to being sold out"? Like its "very near to being the original line up"...there was loads of room at that gig!...i think my granny was up the front on her deck chair doing air guitar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

It's easy for people to complain. They are promised this great gig, given little information about the band....when fans who post on GNR board sites are the only ones who know anything about the current line up etc...and then pay over the odds to see a band they vaguely want to see not perform to their personal expectations

I would be pissed myself, if I wasn't a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose fan, if I didn't apprichate everyone in that band from Dizzy Reed to Chris Pittman. I would be pissed if I didn't even know the band have actually replaced two members since they last played in Dublin - but I do know this, and I hand over my money willingly, because I want to see this lineup perform this material - if you personally don't, you have the free choice not to go. And I support your decision.

All I ask is you stop trolling these boards with posts of disatisfaction saying that you felt betrayed, or let down, because Axl's performance was not up to standard - that this is NOT Guns N Roses because Steven Adler isn't behind the drums or because Duff McKagan won't be playing bass.

Legally, this band is called Guns N' Roses, end of story....if you don't want to go, don't, just don't ruin it for everyone else who does want to go:)

haha sorry i upset you... No glad i had seated tickets, it was grand when Axl was doing his Elton John impressions, and when there were endless solos by guys who weren't in the original line up, i got to take a nap! "very near to being sold out"? Like its "very near to being the original line up"...there was loads of room at that gig!...i think my granny was up the front on her deck chair doing air guitar.

Quit trolling. You made it clear you are not going and are not a fan of Guns N Roses.

This IS Guns N Roses. Axl owns the name legally. If you don't like that tough. The door is that way
    >

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

who do you think promotes the gigs? Haha! The band? Did you expect Axl to hand out flyers for the gig? MCD promoted the last two aswell. Where is the lack of marketing you are talking about? If GNR dont sell out it's down to the bad press and word of mouth of their performances...even on the bus back from the RDS the last time i heard fans complaining about it.

Axl doesn't do press or media in any form ,doesn't appear on tv shows ,doesn't promote his own album... A flyer or an add on the radio will let people know there is an event on, but it will not pursuade them to go to it.

I was at the front of that bus and all I heard were good things:p

• Advertisement

It's easy for people to complain. They are promised this great gig, given little information about the band....when fans who post on GNR board sites are the only ones who know anything about the current line up etc...and then pay over the odds to see a band they vaguely want to see not perform to their personal expectations

I would be pissed myself, if I wasn't a Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose fan, if I didn't apprichate everyone in that band from Dizzy Reed to Chris Pittman. I would be pissed if I didn't even know the band have actually replaced two members since they last played in Dublin - but I do know this, and I hand over my money willingly, because I want to see this lineup perform this material - if you personally don't, you have the free choice not to go. And I support your decision.

All I ask is you stop trolling these boards with posts of disatisfaction saying that you felt betrayed, or let down, because Axl's performance was not up to standard - that this is NOT Guns N Roses because Steven Adler isn't behind the drums or because Duff McKagan won't be playing bass.

Legally, this band is called Guns N' Roses, end of story....if you don't want to go, don't, just don't ruin it for everyone else who does want to go:)
    how is it trolling to express a point of view??? You just said you would be pissed if you didn't know who the line up was you were going to see...discussions like this might bring the negatives to some peoples attention who may feel its a waste of their money, ta-da! "Legally" they are "Guns N Roses"? What does the legality of trade marks have anything to do with it? Oh you missed Slash by the way.

I have a ticket to see Slash. Have you? This is a thread about this gig. If all you are going to do is moan then do it somewhere else.

sxt wrote: »
    Axl doesn't do press or media in any form ,doesn't appear on tv shows ,doesn't promote his own album... A flyer or an add on the radio will let people know there is an event on, but it will not pursuade them to go to it.

I was at the front of that bus and all I heard were good things:p
    so if tv, radio and all other media doesn't persuade people to go to gigs why does a very shrewd individual like Axl bother with MCD? how does Prince sell out shows? He doesn't do interviews either.

I have a ticket to see Slash. Have you? This is a thread about this gig. If all you are going to do is moan then do it somewhere else.
    Nope i don't have tickets for Slash, don't like his stuff. Yeah the thread is about the gig, i'm talking about my previous experiences of their gigs, so what? "moaning" "crying" whatever you want to call it:) you are the only one getting upset. Debate is healthy, try a little PATIENCE...did you like what i did there?:)

Nope i don't have tickets for Slash, don't like his stuff. Yeah the thread is about the gig, i'm talking about my previous experiences of their gigs, so what? "moaning" "crying" whatever you want to call it:) you are the only one getting upset. Debate is healthy, try a little PATIENCE...did you like what i did there?:)

You don't like Slash. You don't like this band. What are you doing in this thread then? Someone exactly like you was posting in a chat with Axl Rose over at mygnrforum.com a while back, constant carping and moaning. This was Axl's response.
    Axl Rose wrote:
    "Might as well start here... You're a little **** and since you've been posting you've pretty much always been a little ****. Blind accusations and insults by an anonymous coward and whiny **** stirrer aren't impressive or needed by anyone."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Hi Guys.i'm looking at booking seated area tickets, as my 8 year old son will be going. Think the best seats are probably blocks C , D, E . I have been looking at the priority tickets on sale Today and the best seats showing up as available seem to be in block G. Do you think they have sold out these blocks or are they not on sale yet,I would have thought that priority tickets would be the best avaialble. Does anyone know which are the best blocks to be in,I've never been in the o2.I also have to remember that my son is not as tall as me,so if some 6 footers are standing up in front of him, I want him to be able to have a good view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

I have noticed that they tend to hold back that section until Friday.

gooner99 wrote: »
    Hi Guys.i'm looking at booking seated area tickets, as my 8 year old son will be going.

I hope you both have a wonderful time. Will be great to see two generations of Guns N' Roses fans enjoying the concert together

You don't like Slash. You don't like this band. What are you doing in this thread then? Someone exactly like you was posting in a chat with Axl Rose over at mygnrforum.com a while back, constant carping and moaning. This was Axl's response.
    Now thats Axl being a troll, cursing and being abusive (very rock n roll) he gets very upset doesn't he...i told you why i posted, giving my views on their last performance here... I'm giving an opinion, i was a fan until that gig. The '92 gig was amazing.

A rather outdated, but comprehensive, report circa 2002

A report from Montreal in 2010

Columbian 2010 News Report

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

I hope you both have a wonderful time. Will be great to see two generations of Guns N' Roses fans enjoying the concert together

Thanks he's really looking forward to it.His taste is mostly Chinese Democracy, but also into Jungle, Sweet Child , Paradise and YCBM.He's hoping for Rhiad Be my 3rd time,saw them in Slane and RDS.

This is the best promo - just because of the start :D

Now thats Axl being a troll, cursing and being abusive (very rock n roll) he gets very upset doesn't he...i told you why i posted, giving my views on their last performance here... I'm giving an opinion, i was a fan until that gig. The '92 gig was amazing.

Yeah nobody likes a ****stirrer. You let one gig turn you off...wow what a sad little individual you are. Don't worry you won't be missed at the show. Or in this thread.

This is the best promo - just because of the start :D

Google Translation

Female Newsreader: Friday night, I welcomed Axl Rose to my Jungle, and it was certainly Paradise City in the bedroom...then he played some music...roll the video, my legs are tired....

Male Newsreader: Axl Rose, what a bastard, she was my finance you know? Now she just wants American men. He put on quite a show, but seriously, what a bastard

y_858c7a5f.jpg

Oh, and here's the current GNR in Russia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Big fan my hole.

So what makes a big fan then?

dsc00906it.jpg
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Here's my GnR CD single collection (+ 7 albums for the pendants among us). There's some rare stuff in there, like a Japanesse issue 3" cd of "Welcome to the Jungle". I'm trying to get a copy of everything the band has released on CD. What you see there is singles, promo's, 3 inch Japanese cd's. If you see the same cover twice, it's a cd issued from a different region. The 3 big ones up the top are the limited edition Australian tour cd's and posters.

I have most of the stuff, but there's still a few that I haven't managed to pick up yet. I've a tonne of vinyl too.
    Like I said already, I'm a big fan, was disappointed with the RDS gig, but I'll be in the Point and hopefully it's better.

Now, has anyone got a copy of the 3 inch Night Train Japanesse CD in Mint condition to sell me? The holy grail for GnR fans :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

ozzy jr wrote: »
    Now, has anyone got a copy of the 3 inch Night Train Japanesse CD in Mint condition to sell me? The holy grail for GnR fans :cool:

Nope,have Live ?!*@ Like a Suicide though.;)

Savage collection.:cool:

ozzy jr wrote: »
    So what makes a big fan then?

Ah yes, another 'I have a bigger one then you' argument lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Why not just start another thread called "bitch here about all things Guns n Roses." Roll on Sept 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is this sold out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

niallo24 wrote: »
    Is this sold out?

On sale on Friday 11th at 9am.

Standard Guns N Roses thread on boards:

"Axl is always late onstage blah blah blah"

After playing gigs late since the day they started, some people can't get used to that. After 25 years.

So on the rare occasion that Axl goes onstage on time at 8pm

"It sucked it was on while it was bright outside blah blah blah"

After the break up of the original band

"Axl just wants all the attention for himself!"

So he gives solo spots to the new guys, just like Duff, Slash, Matt and Izzy/Gilby had.

"Solo spots suck blah blah blah, Axl shouldn't leave the stage"

So before the release of Chinese Democracy

"This isn't GNR this is a cover band"

After the release when they play the new songs.

"They don't play enough of the old stuff whine whine whine."

Repeat etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

We got our tickets sorted yesterday.... One of the guys on a GNR forum posted the O2 premium booking (or whatever its called) code. Worked a treat, and now won't have to deal with ticketmaster's cruddy site crashing at 9am tomorrow morning \m/ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

See you in the Jungle!

sxt wrote: »
    See you in the Jungle!

really hope these don't sell out before next Tuesday. If they don't I'll get one then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

fairly nervos about the ticket sale tomorrow. will it sell out fast hoepfully ill get 4 standing tickets.

Advertisement