Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mr.S wrote: »
    Axl is a drama queen, hes probally coked up in the some hotel right now and will decide to play Leeds an hour before they are due, arrive late, play for an hour and then go away.

a drama queen yes, but I don't think he engages in coke etc. Not his style. he's bad enough without drugs:D

I hope everyone has a good night tomorrow, maybe he got his latest hissy fit out of his system and will be in decent form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MCD just announced that they released the last 200 tickets for this gig.

http://twitter.com/mcd_productions/status/22602636361

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose has claimed that the band had a "deal in place" to play longer than their allotted time slots during their headline shows at the Reading And Leeds Festivals over the weekend.

Posting on Twitter, the singer suggested that "miscommunication" or a change of heart could have been to blame for the "war" between the band and event organisers.

He wrote: "So u know, we allegedly had a deal in place pre show w/the city at least at Leeds to do a bit longer performance that was either miscommunication, someone wasn't informed, changed their mind, didn't care or [it] was a con."

Rose's claims contradict comments by event organiser Melvin Benn following Guns N' Roses' set at Leeds Festival last night (August 29). Benn told NME that such a deal had never been in place, adding that "bands often say things like that when they are curtailed".

The band started their set at 10.30pm (BST), an hour late, at Reading Festival on Friday (August 27) and had their curfew extended by half an hour. They staged a sit-in when the power was cut at midnight.

Last night at Leeds Festival, the band kicked-off their set 30 minutes late before claiming that the promoters had told them they could carry on until 11:58pm.

Prior to Guns N' Roses' appearance at the event earlier this month, Benn had warned that he would not tolerate the band playing past 11:30pm.

Earlier today, he said that the feud with Guns N' Roses was "not personal" and said he would "definitely book them again".

http://www.nme.com/news/guns-n-roses/52790

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

hopefully he's not having another nap like the one he took before 'Reading' lol

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

going tomorrow for the Dublin gig cant wait. Hopefully Axl will be at his best.

See his requirements on the paper yesterday a Witch Doctor, E20,000 Furniture (flown in from Italy), a bentley so he could be drove around Dublin and his own private jet( cause he dont like public flights)

Say you would get a autograph and a picture with him if you spot him in Dublin ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭I-Shot-Jr

PTH2009 wrote: »
    going tomorrow for the Dublin gig cant wait. Hopefully Axl will be at his best.

See his requirements on the paper yesterday a Witch Doctor, E20,000 Furniture (flown in from Italy), a bentley so he could be drove around Dublin and his own private jet( cause he dont like public flights)

Say you would get a autograph and a picture with him if you spot him in Dublin ??

No he'd probably have an absolute eppo and cancel the gig. I dont want to be that guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

what a ****in diva

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I got to tell you, I smell bull****, because maybe the furniture could be used...but other then that, come on people, what the ****...I mean he will have a private jet as standard, most major artists do, the witch doctor thing is just complete crap and the car...doesn't the likes of Bruce Springsteen and Paul McCartney get a car to drive them around when they visit a given city?

Why Axl, why all the attention on him, ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Really looking forward to this gig now. Have seen them twice before, RDS 2006 and Toronto this year. They were pretty much on stage on time in 2006 but didn't get on stage in Toronto till half 11!! Still they pleyed until nearly 2!

The whole turning up late thing doesn't bother me half as much as it seems to bother a lot of people on here but I can understand people being annoyed by it.

Have the stage times for tomorrow been announced yet by the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

153834466.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283272187&Signature=%2Bbq474dgtyA%2FbhPpYOt%2FZgKksbE%3D

Here is the Plane btw, this was on the tarmac at Leeds this morning at 6.15am, before they flew out to Belfast...they're all travelling in this at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Paddy GT

Can anyone confirm if there is going to be a pit at this ? and if so what time do people normally started queuing to get a pit pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Paddy GT wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm if there is going to be a pit at this ? and if so what time do people normally started queuing to get a pit pass.

No pit in the O2.

Support are crap.

I'd say head in about 8.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭sabrewulf

OutlawPete wrote: »
    [...] Support are crap.[...]

I second this regarding Danko Jones.
    But rumor has it Sebastian Bach is supporting them on some European dates. Are you sure he won't show up tomorrow? I surely don't wanna miss him performing some good old Skid Row classics...

EDIT:
    seems to apply to UK dates only... :(
    http://www.sebastianbach.com/updates.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

The amount of assumption and complete bull**** in this thread posted by people who were not at Reading or Leeds and who are not going to this gig is SAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

153834466.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1283272187&Signature=%2Bbq474dgtyA%2FbhPpYOt%2FZgKksbE%3D

Here is the Plane btw, this was on the tarmac at Leeds this morning at 6.15am, before they flew out to Belfast...they're all travelling in this at the moment

Invisible Plane?

Came on at 9.45 in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Can gigs go on past 11 in the 02???

i think Joe Duffy might get a call off angry parents on Thursday if they play over 11 in the o2 lol and the luas might be closed by the time the gigs over

Came on at 9.45 in Belfast.

****in ridiculous

2hr set and it's 23:45 finish

Sure that'd be way past any curfew at The Odyssey

Belfast Setlist so far:

Chinese Democracy
    Welcome to the Jungle
    It's So Easy
    Mr. Brownstone
    Sorry
    Fortus Solo (Bond Theme)
    Live And Let Die
    This I Love
    Rocket Queen
    Band Introductions
    Dizzy Solo
    Street of Dreams
    You Could Be Mine
    Ashba Solo (Ballad of Death)
    Sweet Child o mine
    Another brick in the wall jam
    November Rain
    Ron Solo
    Better
    Knockin on Heaven's door
    Nightrain

• Advertisement

Plus if they do play on what happens to people who have buses, trains and the luas to catch? They'd have to leave early just to get home, and have paid a lot of money to see a FULL GnR gig

musicnut wrote: »
    Guys
    I have 2 standing tkts to the dublin gig tomorrow that cost 150 and am selling them for 100 if anyone's interested.

Considering the fact that Axl wil either

A. Go onstage over an hour late and have the sound cut off

B. Have a strop and walk off stage

I'll offer 50 for the pair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

scudzilla wrote: »
    Plus if they do play on what happens to people who have buses, trains and the luas to catch? They'd have to leave early just to get home, and have paid a lot of money to see a FULL GnR gig

Which is the whole point of the curfew.

I don't mind as I'm driving, but I'd say bring some sambos, could be some shenanigans ;)

I don't mind as I'm driving, but I'd say bring some sambos, could be some shenanigans ;)

I've not bothered me arse wit a ticket, waste of money

Think i'll just park me arse in a deckchair outside wit a tub of popcorn

Ok you lot, tell me... how many GNR gigs on this tour have been cut short by curfews? I suggest that if you are this worried about staying out late then don't bother. Stay at home and post more crap on boards about things you know nothing about. Or better still give Joe Duffy a call. You'd be right at home on Liveline.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,702 ✭✭✭hynesie08

RonMexico wrote: »
    Ok you lot, tell me... how many GNR gigs on this tour have been cut short by curfews? I suggest that if you are this worried about staying out late then don't bother. Stay at home and post more crap on boards about things you know nothing about. Or better still give Joe Duffy a call. You'd be right at home on Liveline.

Let me put this simply

The point

Your head

i'll head along tomorrow BUT i live 20 minutes walk from the venue. What about the people who have to travel from cork Kerry etc. 4 hours on a bus hoping that axl decides to wake up in time to put on enough of a show to justify paying 80 quid plus bus/hotel fare. But hey if they go to all that trouble they should just accept that turning up 2 hours late is "what he does" right.

It's amazing to see how GNR haters follow this thread all night just to tell everybody over and over again that they don't like the band...

I will have a kickin' time at the Dublin show... and something tells me all the haters will be back the next day reading the reviews and start bitching again... :D

haters1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

where are you parking? Is there parking at the O2 yet? I'll be driving to a gig in October and just wondering about parking.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ok children any more name calling and people will start getting banned.

No more pissy little comments or try-to-be-cool pictures either.

• Advertisement

Absolutely incredible performance of Jungle last night in Belfast.

Advertisement