Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

last luas is 12.30

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

Can't wait for this gig tonight, haven't been to the O2 yet. Con anyone reccomend a good pub for pre concert booze?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

RonMexico wrote: »

Absolutely incredible performance of Jungle last night in Belfast.

Excellent vocal performance from Axl there. Seriously, if people go back and listen to the live stuff from the Use Your Illusion tour, his voice wasn't sounding half as good in live performances back then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

where are you parking? Is there parking at the O2 yet? I'll be driving to a gig in October and just wondering about parking.

If you go early enough (around 7pm) there is loads of parking withing five minutes walk.

Just drive down past the O2, turn left at the roundabout, then left again and on that mile long straight road (or any of the roads of it) .. you'll find a spot eventually, I never fail to anyway.

There is two pay parking places at the very start of the road also but I think they charge €10 for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

Not long to go.:)

• Advertisement

can you get food in o2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

There is a meetup planned for Bruxelles from 6pm onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

might see ya there ron any idea where there stayin this time? Think the crew are in jurys beside the 02 and they stayed in the gresham the last time well axl fooked off back to the uk but the band stayed there

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

On stage time anyone please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭gooner99

larry1 wrote: »
    On stage time anyone please?

went on last night at approx 9.45 and finished around 12.00

now according to other sources the odyssey has a curfew of 11 and also the o2. so if you can go by that,i would guess between 9 and 10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Cheerilee

just got a call from a friend at the quays and apparently guns n roses are on a barge going down the liffey playing live right now for anyone in the area :)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bonphoenix

they are currently playing...badly... on a barge at O'Connell bridge, watching from my apartment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

gnr tribute band it is guns 2 roses good ol band

bonphoenix wrote: »
    they are currently playing...badly... on a barge at O'Connell bridge, watching from my apartment!!!

Did you not know Slash left GnR?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭larry1

0b6f1719b94e.gif

His divorce went through today so he defo won't be making a surprise appearance tonight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 bonphoenix

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Did you not know Slash left GnR?

:o it was really far away ....plus no I didnt:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭nitromaster

can you get food in o2?

There's hot dogs at least..and popcorn...
    then drinks, ice-cream, alchohol, sweets, chocolate,etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Whats the story with the booze, is it a full bar, or just a limited selection of beer? Can I get JD/Rum there?

RVD420 wrote: »
    Whats the story with the booze, is it a full bar, or just a limited selection of beer? Can I get JD/Rum there?

Full bar (ish).

Few beers, Guinness, JD and all the usual suspects.

Guys go round with refrigerated backpacks also selling bottles of Carlsberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

RVD420 wrote: »

Limited from a beer selection anyway, it's Carlsberg (and they also serve Guiness though they don't advertise it and it comes out of a Carlsberg tap - I don't think a lot of the staff know either).......not sure what the spirit range is as I'd be too scared to check the prices :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭mooeire

Can't wait for this gig tonight, haven't been to the O2 yet. Con anyone reccomend a good pub for pre concert booze?

Not sure of the name of the pub but if you walk ot of connolly station and head left towards the ifsc/o2 arena, theres a pun 2 mins walk away and it does 4 squid pints after 5 i think it is... Well they did last time i was there!! :D

There's hot dogs at least..and popcorn...
    then drinks, ice-cream, alchohol, sweets, chocolate,etc.

cheers, burger possible?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

I was confused for a moment, was it the cinema or a rock concert.:p:p:p. Just heading into town now. Enjoy it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Insane Rambling

mooeire wrote: »
    Not sure of the name of the pub but if you walk ot of connolly station and head left towards the ifsc/o2 arena, theres a pun 2 mins walk away and it does 4 squid pints after 5 i think it is... Well they did last time i was there!! :D

Ah yes... the Harbourmaster ! Just heard the Vaults under Connolly Station does 2 for the price of 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

You could go to the Green Room Bar. It's right beside The O2:

www.thegreenroombar.ie

Phantom have been advertising that they're doing a pre-gig DJ session on the day of the gig. They usually do for rock gigs at The O2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Ah yes... the Harbourmaster ! Just heard the Vaults under Connolly Station does 2 for the price of 1.

Harbourmaster only does their offer on Thursday and Friday.

The Vaults does 2 for 1 every night, right beside Connolly station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I wonder are they on stage yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

I wonder are they on stage yet?
    Not yet.....

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

Im gonna say 9.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭baz123

Support is 'Danko Jones'? Awesome :) if i'd known that i might have actually gone lol :D really good band-rockin sound and a very talented 3 piece-short(ish) songs and to the point with a good groove.

Advertisement