Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options
1404142434446»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭finhex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

finhex wrote: »

They played 90 minutes after curfew and turned up an hour late :rolleyes:

Still .. great to see Duff there, we may see a full reunion yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

OutlawPete wrote: »
    we may see a full reunion yet.

Don't hold your breath..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Don't hold your breath..

Your post came too late.

This is OutlawPete's girlfriend here ..

The fool did hold his breath .. and passed away shortly after making his post.

Gonna miss you Pete, you sexy beast of a man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Monsieur Folie

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Your post came too late.

This is OutlawPete's girlfriend here ..

The fool did hold his breath .. and passed away shortly after making his post.

Gonna miss you Pete, you sexy beast of a man.

Well that's a shame, I did try to warn him. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Well that's a shame, I did try to warn him. :(

You did nothing of the sort, you killed him, we all did...his disappointment killed him;)

We should sue Axl on accessory charges, after we're finished here of course

Last night Guns N Roses played in Manchester, their final UK date, and well over six weeks since the "Irish Incident"

There was an extremely long wait, again, which meant that most of us succumbed to either Mexican waves or booing the band. Their stage time aside (they were well over two hours late for this performance), and the fact that Axl had several things thrown at him, the band performed more or less the set they did in Dublin... uninterrupted. I spoke to someone who seen them in Maine Road (Manchester City FC Stadium) in 1992. They told me he'd cancelled the first date, because Axl had a sore throat, and then when they rescheduled they ended up coming on nearly 3 hours late and then only playing for an hour because someone threw something at him.

Some people even asked on their way out for a refund because he was that late showing up and even though the set was almost three hours there was reports of arrests outside the arena from angry fans.

In Dublin, massive disturbance, and not one arrest made. But not one apology or refund apparently tolerated.

What made me laugh was Axl's comments
    "I wanna thank the UK for being so great to us after Reading"

So he admits wrong doing in Reading? Perhaps he'd like to apologise to the Irish?

I've still had no communication personally from MCD. But this won't end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,046 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

What made me laugh was Axl's comments
    "I wanna thank the UK for being so great to us after Reading"

So he admits wrong doing in Reading? Perhaps he'd like to apologise to the Irish?

Or maybe he meant the Reading crowd were pricks but the rest were great?

Or maybe he meant the Reading crowd were pricks but the rest were great?

I don't think so, and didn't he say it was the promoters fault anyway, the crowd took it pretty well. And then at Leeds he said to **** and promoters and all this. Maybe he wasn't happy with the media storm afterwards and it all came down on him before Dublin.

Anyway, the moderators should sticky this post, because I've just read a staff members response in the paper about GNR turning up late and finishing WAY past curfew in Manchester. His response as to why those who want refunds shouldn't get them. And I quote....
    A spokesman for the M.E.N Arena said: “The M.E.N Arena holds a 24-hour entertainment licence. However, to tie in with local transport links, we always ask that shows finish by 11:00 p.m. The majority of acts comply with this policy, however GUNS N' ROSES have a well-publicized history of late performances of which their fans are fully aware. Last night's late finish would have been no surprise to the majority of fans."

Sounds familiar doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Wow, just heard about Duff playing with them at the London show. woulda loved to have been there. Duff is the man!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Wow, just heard about Duff playing with them at the London show. woulda loved to have been there. Duff is the man!

Unfortunately, Axl isn't anymore. Radio Nova played SCOM this morning, and the DJ said something along the lines of "And now here's something from Guns N'Roses, recorded before Axl went completely and utterly bonkers".

Anybody have any further luck here?

A further update from a poster here who didn't want to be identified. MCD are still sorting out letters and files about this date. Some will get refunds, others will not, and will alternatively get a letter of explanation. This is according to MCD this morning. They have told the poster to keep waiting and that their letters will be answered and addressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Anybody have any further luck here?

A further update from a poster here who didn't want to be identified. MCD are still sorting out letters and files about this date. Some will get refunds, others will not, and will alternatively get a letter of explanation. This is according to MCD this morning. They have told the poster to keep waiting and that their letters will be answered and addressed.

have sent 3 politely written and factual emails and no acknowledgement let alone a reply yet, basing on what is being said here it has not been processed yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

but why should some people get refunds and others not. We were all there and witnessed the mayhem.

Its like charging one person a E100 for a something and then the person after them E150 for the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

if you left early you would have a case

• Registered Users Posts: 42 thered

what a waist of money :eek:

I've still received no word from them personally, and yes, they're still "sorting throughout the backlog of complaints received"

Utterly shocked this hasn't been reported on the Irish news yet....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Most journos probably wouldn't want to say a bad word about MCD for fear of not getting guestlist places at their favourite gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Diapason

That's one explanation. Another might be that no member of the public remotely cares about this any more, and it is the very definition of old news. That's not to say disgruntled punters shouldn't pursue it, but I wouldn't be expecting media support.

Diapason wrote: »
    That's one explanation. Another might be that no member of the public remotely cares about this any more, and it is the very definition of old news. That's not to say disgruntled punters shouldn't pursue it, but I wouldn't be expecting media support.

Granted, but I think the fact that MCD released a statement that made them look like they were standing their ground and then released refunds behind everyone's back, underhandedly, is still undoubtedly wrong...the fact they've been able to pull it off says a lot about the Irish concert scene

I had a similar situation in the UK last year, and the promoters actually called me...without me having to call them, apologised and refunded me my tickets for a gig that was deemed to have been a disgrace because of the actions of the band onstage and venue staff...it was a smaller gig to GNR granted but the principle should remain the same.

• Advertisement

So I've been told today that I do not stand any chance of compensation for this gig. MCD are refusing to budge, as far as I'm concerned, and unless I want to bring them to court I have little or nowhere to go. So I have to drop this claim.

I'd like to thank the moderators for keeping this topic open for so long, and those who posted on it and kept it alive, well over seven weeks after the event happened. I only hope next time GNR play Ireland there isn't as much of a problem.

Everyone here who did get refunds should feel extremely proud of themselves because they fought for their rights, and succeeded, and I'm glad that someone got some kind of justice, even if MCD have messed people around....for everyone....

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 dilly32

I thought MCD weren't giving out refunds FULL STOP, so I didn't bother contacting them.

If some1 here genuinely recieved a refund, wud u pls PM me. I went outside to have a smoke when they went off stage. The security told loads of us that they were told to take down the barriers, that they were not coming back on.

If Axl **** head put on a free gig to those that were told to leave/ left, i'd tell him to stuff it. No more of my hard earned pennies will EVER go in2 his bank account :mad::mad::mad:

I'm sorry for replyin late to this forum. I just joined recently.

Advertisement