Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guns N' Roses - Irish Date Announced!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

PTH2009 wrote: »
    fairly nervos about the ticket sale tomorrow. will it sell out fast hoepfully ill get 4 standing tickets.

I checked on wedensday with o2 presale code just out of curiosity at around 11:30 and was able to get 2 standing so I doubt you should have much trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

fairly nervos about the ticket sale tomorrow. will it sell out fast hoepfully ill get 4 standing tickets.

Just checked it there, had no problem getting a standing ticket and a seating ticket in good location, no load times or crashes....I would suspect the madness has passed. Few people who want to see the band will have 78Euro, plus booking fee, at the drop of a hat first thing Friday morning. The lucky ones who do will probably need the money for something else...thus is the reality of life

As I said, if tickets are still there next Tuesday, I'll get one - if not, I'll be in Dublin, so I'll go to Soundcellar!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,732 ✭✭✭sxt

Rocket Queen, Moscow ,6th June 2010. Sounds great!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

Tickets still available for Dublin and Belfast, so no worries, you can still get them!

Extremely looking forward to the Dublin show. Having seen them Open Air once in 1991 and twice in 2006 this will be my first indoor GN'R show... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Amazing show of force from Axl here. He still has it.

• Advertisement

sabrewulf wrote: »
    Tickets still available for Dublin and Belfast, so no worries, you can still get them!

Yeah, I cannot see these selling out completely until towards the end of Summer

Seen them in Dublin in 2006 and then indoors in London, this will be my 4th GNR gig (by the time September rolls around)

A friend of mine just sent me this from South America....I nearly **** myself when I opened the letter

29781_10150216702635145_810160144_12831332_2131759_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 37,773 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I wonder do the current members of the band respect the great oringal members such as slash, izzy,Duff and Steven Adler or would axel tell them to disrespect them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

I wonder do the current members of the band respect the great oringal members such as slash, izzy,Duff and Steven Adler or would axel tell them to disrespect them.

Bit of a ridiculous statement isn't it? They are grown men not 13 year old schoolchildren. Izzy has played with this line-up numerous times, Axl said he would be open to doing something with Duff, Adler hung out with them in Vegas, DJ Ashba has played with Slash, Ron Thal has played with Duff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

All the seats are Sold Out for Blocks A, B, C, D, E, F and G :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

oh lets not go there again shall we ;)

• Advertisement

I presume support for this is Sebastian Bach and Danko Jones

Although neither have made any comment to support this, they've both been supporting GNR in practically everything they've done since the start of this leg of the tour....and Bach has been in Axl's pocket since 2006! I wouldn't mind seeing either of them again actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sabrewulf

That would be so awesome! Just like I saw them in 1991 (GN'R supported by Skid Row, what a show!). I hope Bach makes it over here. On the wiki page is rumored that only Danko Jones is supporting. Don't like them that much...

sabrewulf wrote: »
    That would be so awesome! Just like I saw them in 1991 (GN'R supported by Skid Row, what a show!). I hope Bach makes it over here. On the wiki page is rumored that only Danko Jones is supporting. Don't like them that much...

I don't mind Danko but Bach has to come over. He practically forced his album...which isn't too bad...down everyone's throats in 2008 just because 3 of the songs featured Axl Rose (in fact, Rose got more credit then his drummer) but I do think Bach would be a great addition to the night's roster...saw him in 2006 in London and he actually gave GNR a run for their money...he played longer then BFMV although he was on first!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Miss_Ellie

One of the biggest regrets of my life was missing the Guns'nRoses concert in Slane in 1992.
    I was almost 9 months pregnant - so I really couldn't go!
    Anyhow, I have always remained a huge fan........my son loves them also.
    So I now have 2 tickets to their concert in Dublin in Sept - one for me and one for my son.
    I can't wait!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I'm amazed its still not sold out i just checked Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

is it sold out. ticketmaster is not working

cena wrote: »
    is it sold out. ticketmaster is not working

No, I put in the wrong code and it still brought up standing tickets. They were overpriced, but then, if it isn't sold out I don't mind because there's more room for the people who are there.

They should stop using this picture to advertise it though

GNR2_735218_OTH_5Z.jpg

And they should start playing newer songs on the radio

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mini Driver

hrmmm I saw GNR perform live recently (albeit I saw it on tv) an Axle's voice was gone it was actually pretty poor so not sure I would pay €60

hrmmm I saw GNR perform live recently (albeit I saw it on tv) an Axle's voice was gone it was actually pretty poor so not sure I would pay €60

Do you mind me asking what performance that was?

As far as I am aware the only pro shot and televised footage of the new band is Rock in Rio 2006, which is pretty decent but was only really shown on South American TV unless you have a bootleg DVD, Rock in Rio 2006 which is also good but ditto except for German TV and the VMA's 2002 which is NOT a reason not to go to this gig.

If this is the footage you saw, the band have improved a lot since then

You should check this out instead for a more accurate picture, but he has even improved for this

This is him three weeks ago

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

His voice is now IMO better than it was for MOST of the illusions tour,and if your worried about his voice and this being the only reason not to go then you will be missing a cracking gig!

• Advertisement

Sebastian Bach has just booked a date for Sep 3rd in the US, so it looks unlikely he'll be touring with GNR in Europe, unless it's a one off - and he flies in and out

Danko Jones will be supporting Ozzy Osbourne and Korn during the French edition of Ozzfest on September 20th, so they may still be touring with GNR

I wouldn't mind Theory Of A Deadman opening, personally

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭cena

are you taking photos smelltheglove for the guns concert

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

His voice is now IMO better than it was for MOST of the illusions tour,and if your worried about his voice and this being the only reason not to go then you will be missing a cracking gig!

Would definitely agree with this. Saw them live earlier in the year and his voice was excellent.

I also think the Chinese Democracy songs sound better live than they do on the CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Danko Jones supporting :rolleyes:

Think I seen them supporting Motorhead one year, jeez they were brutal.

http://www.antimusic.com/news/10/aug/04Guns_N_Roses_Expand_World_Tour_Plans.shtml
    The band has their lone U.S. appearance at the Rock 'N Rev Festival in Sturgis, SD on August 13th.

The new dates:
    October 13 - London, O2 Arena
    October 17 - Birmingham, LG Arena
    October 18 - Manchester, MEN Arena

cena wrote: »
    are you taking photos smelltheglove for the guns concert

just seen this now meself and the missus both use this account,but at the moment she wont know until closer to the time press passes and all that jazz,but it wont be for the want of tryin,however we both have our tickets for the gig so we will be there one way or another

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Ye better hope that Axl's in a good mood and doesn't throw a hissy fit if he catches ya taking pictures of him!!?? :D

haha i think he's a bit more laid back these days but if i ever want a laugh when havin a few beers i just stick on the "st louis gig" lol i have the uncut dvd here filmed by the roadies from behind the stage,the carnage is unreal!!

Well that's complete bollocks, Dublin and Belfast gets Danko Jones but France gets the Murderdolls! Come on.....they at least better show up in the UK when they play Manchester in October....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=144091

That is not fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Saw them years ago in Slane when they were GnR
    Now it's just Axl and his ego

R

Advertisement